Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    some men just want a char who fly on it's own
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... but we probably shouldn't encourage them.

I can't see Jinyu and Hozen joining the current factions as playable races, they are very minor compared to the Pandaren we got and linked to Pandaria way too much.
    Will we get other races? Maybe.

Ogres are an obvious addition to the Horde but what is going against them is that...they are ugly.
    Very few people would play them, even Goblins which were another obvious inclusion are very underplayed, Ogres would end up being a nice thematic/lore inclusion but a very bad money investment.
    Not to mention that they, along with Arakkoa, probably missed their only chance with WoD.

Naga could fit well for the Horde but are problematic for gameplay reasons.

Arakkoa (broken) would be a great addition for the Alliance, bringing a very dark/shadow based race without being utterly evil.

Vrykul would be a good fit for the Alliance, tall, brutal and shamanistic yet still with a noble and proud attitude.
    A good way to compensate and make the faction more interesting overall.

Furbolgs could be another good fit for the Alliance being more on the Kaldorei side while also being a pretty primal and shamanistic race, however they would be redundant with the Pandaren around and probably wont happen.

Ethereals could fit with anyone, nothing going against them except for (possibly) lack of interesting customization.

However I feel that subraces are the next step, they could basically be like their base race expect for different skins and flavour racials.
    e.g. for Dwarves: all share the same racials except the elemental resistance one, "regular" Bronzebeard keep their Frost Resistance while Dark Irons get Fire and Wildhammers get Nature.
    Easy to implement yet still interesting, next expansion maybe?

High Elves aren't happening, not unless they give an "Alliance" subrace to the Horde, like Nightborne.
    And if that happens that would probably mean they are doing fanservice for more immediate subs (which they would get, considering how requested they have been since Vanilla) and that would be worrying.
    Last edited by Oswen; 2016-05-14 at 08:18 PM.

I want Children of Cenarius as a Nelf subrace, and High elves as a Belf subrace.
    Dryads are so cute, I'd love to play one.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    Races that probably need to be in the game:

Naga and Ogres. Both of them are problematic, mainly because of a) no legs b) being really really ugly (say what you will - but there's a reason elves are so popular). However from a developer point of view they're used so much that making them customizable would create a lot of bang for your buck. I'd personally have them sit side-saddle (or the like) when riding (for the naga) and do a draenai for the ogres (e.g. introduce either a cataclysmic spell or an ancient not fat/ugly variant) who are more like giants crossed with orcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I want Children of Cenarius as a Nelf subrace, and High elves as a Belf subrace.
    Dryads are so cute, I'd love to play one.
    I honestly think Blizzard could get away with adding Children of Cenarius as a new Alliance race of its own.

Looking at the levels of detail they put into the Sentinel Lunara skin from HOTS:

You can easily see how every piece of armor would fit on a Dryad/Keeper frame, so the only real problem is how mounts function, and honestly I think it would be perfectly fine if Dryad/Keeper players couldn't use a mount, and instead got a 110% Speed Running Wild mount form or something. As for flying, they could be able to transform to and from a Wisp, as a racial flying mount form.

Nobody is forcing people to play Dryads/Keepers, it's their decision if they want to sacrifice mounts to play a race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Well of course, but i just can't take seriously the idea of a Naga or a bird chilling inside the inn, in Stormwind for example.

They are indeed a cool race that always worked great as a non-playable hostile or in some cases neutral/friendly faction.
    But as a playable race, i'm really not so sure. Especially for the Alliance, i believe they would look very silly.
    Uhhh... Actually Arakkoa(uncorrupted) is one of the few races that could easily fit in the Alliance.

Just put the wings on his arms instead of his back and you have one of the most badass Alliance race ever IMO. I want both types of Arakkoa playable.
    Last edited by Night Wind; 2016-05-15 at 03:02 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Uhhh... Actually Arakkoa(uncorrupted) is one of the few races that could easily fit in the Alliance.

Just put the wings on his arms instead of his back and you have one of the most badass Alliance race ever IMO. I want both types of Arakkoa playable.
    I always though it would be cool if the Apexis were anthromorphic Gryphons to fit with the Alliance iconography.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Choices like Arrakoa for a playable race are just absolutely terrible, i don't know why so many people suggest them.
    What? They look great! and no, i'm not talking about those pretty chicks!, I'm talking about the cool Arakkoas! (The cursed ones)

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    -snip-
    So you want playable naga to look like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Blood Elfs and Forsaken are not Horde.
    I would trade both of these races in a instance for Ogres and Forest trolls like the Horde should be.
    I think Forest Trolls would be a nice customization to the already race of Trolls we already have.
    Seeing on how we have the Revantusk Tribe under the rule of the Horde it wouldn't be much trouble if we got them in with the other Jungle Trolls.
    And Ogres are a must.

I just want them to be awesome, and that Warlords model they have is good, but I feel like they could use it still, but change a lot of the animations, and make it more different.
    Like most of the animations already are being used with the Moonkin, some weird Goblin fat guy thing, and Pandaren Female Kid.
    If they just rework a few of the spells and add more to the model of Warlords I'm sure it will be a great thing.
    Race changing too if they make Ogres playable. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I think he/she posted it, too show off it's legs.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It just proves that naga can come with legs, nothing more. Don't take things so literal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account

When it comes to races, most of the time you're going to choose the race with both the best lore and appearance.
    That's why nobody would FUCKING play fat, retarded fishmen, monkeys or ogres with no intriguing story behind them, unless you're a troll then you'd probably go with Hozen or the Ogre. Too bad Blizzard hates those kind of people.

Arakkoa have fantastic lore to them but their cursed appearance is just... Who would want to play the hunchback of notre dame in a bird costume? Yeah, though WoD portrays pure Arakkoa as drug-addicts, if they looked like the one in your picture I would actually want to try them. However, Blizzard has already passed up 2 opportunities to implement Arakkoa as a playable race, so it's extremely uncertain if they'll ever be playable.

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, I can see Naga, Furbolg or Drakonids being made playable with a few alterations and it's easy to fit them into expansions.
    Last edited by RoutinelyWorgen; 2016-05-15 at 10:47 PM.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

I wouldn't mind cursed Arakkoa on Alliance, their creepy style would actually fit really well along with Worgen. (And maybe it would mean we could have a proper dark race that uses shadow magic on the Alliance since Blizzard doesn't want to do that with Worgen.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    When it comes to races, most of the time you're going to choose the race with both the best lore and appearance.
    That's why nobody would FUCKING play fat, retarded fishmen, monkeys or ogres with no intriguing story behind them, unless you're a troll then you'd probably go with Hozen or the Ogre. Too bad Blizzard hates those kind of people.

Arakkoa have fantastic lore to them but their cursed appearance is just... Who would want to play the hunchback of notre dame in a bird costume? Yeah, though WoD portrays pure Arakkoa as drug-addicts, if they looked like the one in your picture I would actually want to try them. However, Blizzard has already passed up 2 opportunities to implement Arakkoa as a playable race, so it's extremely uncertain if they'll ever be playable.

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, I can see Naga, Furbolg or Drakonids being made playable with a few alterations and it's easy to fit them into expansions.
    People play as gnomes and dumb fat pandas. Everyone likes different things. Cursed Arakkoa looking like hunchbacks won't appeal to everyone. They dont have to. Blizzard has already "planted the seed" with the Arakkoa and they have atleast two different ways that would makes sense for them to join the Alliance.

First are the Skettis Exiles who allied themselves with the Naaru of Shattrath. These Arakkoa worship the light and their leader is in direct contact with A'dal.
    The Draenei are the race closest to the Naaru, so it would make sense for these Arakkoa to allign with the draenei and the rest of the Alliance.

The second way could be through Aviana and the druids of the cenarion circle. The wild God Aviana has taken interest in the Arakkoa and wishes to offer them a place to stay with her in G'Hanir, the mother tree. The alliance has alot of druidic lore with the night elves and the worgen. The fact a Wild god would like the arakkoa to live with her could easily lead into these Arakkoa joining the Alliance.

The Light and Druidism are key elements to the Alliance theme. Making Arakkoa a perfect match for the Alliance with the plus side of getting access to knowledgeable Void magic users.

On the other hand, I don't see any "planted seeds" for Naga or Drakonids to become playable.
    Last edited by Night Wind; 2016-05-15 at 11:36 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    People play as gnomes and dumb fat pandas. Everyone likes different things. Cursed Arakkoa looking like hunchbacks won't appeal to everyone. They dont have to. Blizzard has already "planted the seed" with the Arakkoa and they have atleast two different ways that would makes sense for them to join the Alliance.

First are the Skettis Exiles who allied themselves with the Naaru of Shattrath. These Arakkoa worship the light and their leader is in direct contact with A'dal.
    The Draenei are the race closest to the Naaru, so it would make sense for these Arakkoa to allign with the draenei and the rest of the Alliance.

The second way could be through Aviana and the druids of the cenarion circle. The wild God Aviana has taken interest in the Arakkoa and wishes to offer them a place to stay with her in G'Hanir, the mother tree. The alliance has alot of druidic lore with the night elves and the worgen. The fact a Wild god would like the arakkoa to live with her could easily lead into these Arakkoa joining the Alliance.

The Light and Druidism are key elements to the Alliance theme. Making Arakkoa a perfect match for the Alliance with the plus side of getting access to knowledgeable Void magic users.

On the other hand, I don't see any "planted seeds" for Naga or Drakonids to become playable.
    Good point, though there weren't exactly any planted seeds for Worgen, Pandaren or Draenei either. So odds are that were they to add ANY new race, the expansion in which they were featured would probably involve them to a significant extent.
    Therefore the odds are that they would come up with new races instead of risking their reputation by not creating original content, and that in itself would almost negate any possibility for pre-existing races to be added in forms other than sub-races.

- - - Updated - - -

And with that factor in mind plus that Blizzard rarely takes risks, it's very unlikely that there would be a third expansion such as WoD or BC that involved Arakkoa.

- - - Updated - - -

So they might look perhaps into the children of cenarius, or keep the sea around the maelstrom dor the naga and dedicate the other side of Azeroth to unknown races.

Deleted

Nothing beasts Ogres.

1) Good Lore and alot of history with the Horde (more then Forsaken, Blood Elfs and Pandaren had)
    2) They have a starting zones what really needs a rewarp (Duskwallow march with Theramore destroyed and the Black dragonflight dead Ogres would take over this zone in no time.
    3) Also gear would look unique on them with extreem big belts, two headpieces (maybe they can use the DH tech where two of the same pieces look different on both heads.
    4) Ogres are everywhere in the world as NPC's and Mobs to give them a playable and a better skin would not just improve the choices in the Horde but make the over all world also look better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

High Arakkoa for Alliance would be the perfect race of everyone who had loved to play the Scarlet Crusade and wants to play more grey and fanatical light users. I would totaly roleplay a Arakkoa Paladin and even their fear of darkness could be a great point for roleplay. Playing with a non-sexualized female character because Arakkoa male and females looks exactly the same for us would give them a pluspoint.
    Last edited by mmocfbbaf337eb; 2016-05-16 at 04:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post

Nothing beasts Ogres.

1) Good Lore and alot of history with the Horde (more then Forsaken, Blood Elfs and Pandaren had)
    2) They have a starting zones what really needs a rewarp (Duskwallow march with Theramore destroyed and the Black dragonflight dead Ogres would take over this zone in no time.
    3) Also gear would look unique on them with extreem big belts, two headpieces (maybe they can use the DH tech where two of the same pieces look different on both heads.
    4) Ogres are everywhere in the world as NPC's and Mobs to give them a playable and a better skin would not just improve the choices in the Horde but make the over all world also look better.
    Correction

Their lore is rather mediocre to be honest, and the only actual reason to make them playable is because of their world presence.
    Plus, "extreme belts" would most likely result in the belts looking poorly textured due to how the polygons are stretched and two headpieces would provide an absurd advantage and would be attacked by PvP players, thus they'd have to settle with one helmet or just one head.