Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob View Post
    Europe doesn't have to be federation. And for reforms if they are reasonable then none will veto them and everyone would be interested in reforms what could help everyone. While only who would be against are self EU parliament and commission but they can just sit in corner and be quiet.
    europe need to be a federation, without a federal gov there is no way of governing such a big entity and all sort of problem that may arise would took age to be solved like is happening today; look at Greece thing, if there was a federal gov the problem would have been solved years ego with less money wasted and way less burdens for the population.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    well i think that the eu right now can't be reformed, with 28 country each one with the ability to veto anything is impossible, the only way is to scrap the current thing and fewer countries (4-5 max) forming a true federation, for example Germany, France, Italy and Spain and maybe Netherlands , with a federal gov, a true central bank, an army etc.
    But that's the problem, we can't veto all things. For example that was clearly seen in the refugee quotas when 5 countries voted against and yet it was passed. The point is that the decision making in the EU is not that clear and keeps moving from "everyone has to agree" to "screw those guys cause they're weak countries anyway". So an even bigger problem than 1 country veto-ing is the fact that it depends, on one decision one country can veto... on another 5 countries and they still don't matter... so... what's the deal? The EU needs to follow 1 path, not have decision applied differently depending on problem.
    One of the decisional forums of the EU is also not directly elected, and this leaves the opinion of lack of democracy. And I agree.
    Last but not least, expansion of the EU must stop, or, at most, get the other former Yugoslavia countries in then stop. You can't advance to next stage when every few years there's a new nation coming in a few steps behind. And we currently can't have nations too different from the current EU general culture, which is why the EU-Turkey accord of getting them in easier in return for them keeping refugees is bullshit. Turkey isn't ready for the EU, their culture, traditions and laws are too different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    This whole movie sounds like some sort of xenophobia propaganda exercise.
    Doesn't really sound like you watched the whole movie, if that's what you took away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    England & Wales play as one team, just as we are one kingdom. Scotland are shit at Cricket.

The Cricket remark is a Geoff Boycott one, originally regarding Pakistanis - I think.
    Was curious, we NIsh don't get alot of contact outside of the major sports. So might've found out there was an entire league in Scotland hiding in the lowlands. I think it's the sea that's the blame, we don't trust it, cold, wet, and English people come from it.
    Though I'm still waiting on the Brexit thing, I rather not leave the EU but if the benefits to leaving outweigh those of staying well that's just deciding based on what is the better deal. Immigrants, I like them, they keep things interesting and without them we'd all be somewhere else.

As for Boris, if I recall he could run for president. He ticks all their boxes for doing that, and of course he ticks all the boxes to run for prime minister as well. Hopefully there is red tape that doesn't let him run for both.. the United States of Britain/America and Northern Ireland might be a bit odd.
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2016-05-15 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Is the UK going to suddenly not help any refugees if it stops being part of the EU? This whole movie sounds like some sort of xenophobia propaganda exercise.
    Why should anyone help them?

From humanitarian point of view, every "refugee" who wont stay in the first safe country is no longer a refugee but an economic migrant. UK is nowhere near that area.. besides it seems the situation is more or less stabilizing.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    But my great grandmother was Irish, does that mean I'm not a real Brit?
    If you move from Pakistan to England and have kids are those kids not Pakistani?

Deleted
    europe need to be a federation, without a federal gov there is no way of governing such a big entity and all sort of problem that may arise would took age to be solved like is happening today; look at Greece thing, if there was a federal gov the problem would have been solved years ego with less money wasted and way less burdens for the population.
    With this I fully agree. The EU needs indeed to be a federation and control problems within directly. The Greece issue was a mess because you couldn't just impose things on Greece to weed out the corrupt politicians.

Some say we could take the example of the USA, but we don't even need to go that far, we have Spain right here and could take even their example. Strong regions and weaker regions, all having a sort of authonomy but all controlled by the federal government in certain cases.

That's one way. But originally EU was made as economic union and such large economic union we could protect our own markets with united regulations. While Greece you can either try to help it or you could just you know let them deal with there own problems. They could be under EU protection from outside while we wouldn't pour money in them and let them fix there problems. Problem was that Greece is in Euro zone and euro zone countries are supposed to help because that would cause problems for everyone in that zone but if they wouldn't be in euro zone then they could just go bust and try to rebuild them. Now I don't know about borders. Maybe if a country goes bust then border control should be restored on that country and let them fix there own issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can a game of rounders that goes on for days really be considered a sport?
    You have curling and caber tossing, you are in no position to mock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    For Germany it's not a problem with the EU, it's a problem with your own politicians. Remember how Merkel tried and somewhat succeded to impose her will on the other countries regarding the immigrant crysis? She's not part of the EU institutions just placed randomly, she's the chancelor of Germany, you, the people of Germany, brought her in power. So your problem should be more with your politicians as your country, alongside France, is one of the leaders of the EU so to say in major decisions.
    Oh trust me, she is not going to get my vote come next election.
    i would not even be suprised if she gets out of office in ... unconventional ways.
    many see her as a traitor, more concerned with her political legacy then the wellbeing of her people, and i tend to agree.

and still th EU is absolutly untransparent and we only know of most of their doings when it is already to late and already law. whatever political power the EU gives to my goverment, i dont think it is worth the risk of this lack of of oversight.

tldr: who watches the watchmen?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are British Asian.
    Cue 7 pages of Americans saying Pakistanis aren't Asian herp derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob View Post
    That's one way. But originally EU was made as economic union and such large economic union we could protect our own markets with united regulations. While Greece you can either try to help it or you could just you know let them deal with there own problems. They could be under EU protection from outside while we wouldn't pour money in them and let them fix there problems. Problem was that Greece is in Euro zone and euro zone countries are supposed to help because that would cause problems for everyone in that zone but if they wouldn't be in euro zone then they could just go bust and try to rebuild them. Now I don't know about borders. Maybe if a country goes bust then border control should be restored on that country and let them fix there own issue.
    don't you see how this failed? An economic union don't work without a political and fiscal union, that much has been proved in those years of crisis; the same goes for the immigration crisis, without a common policy, a common border police and common law on asylum we never go out of that tunnel.
    In the case of immigration in fact the UK is absolutely blinded, instead of always being american pet supported a stronger Europe especially when we need to say "not in my backyard" to USA and Russia then maybe today we wouldn't have to deal with the aftermath of other messing around.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Whats with the emotional leftist sob stories? Dumb people pumping out babies, then not being able to take care of them is not horror, its something else entirely. Besides, if youre suggesting that capitalism means some sneering suited villain being above the law and doing whatever he wants, then its not capitalism. Capitalism only means you have free market and people are able to benefit from their success and abilities instead of having to give it away to the undeserving.
    I am sure you are right. No I hope you are right. And to me it doesn't even matter. Everything will end because first there is everything then there is nothing. And if you want to discuss with me seriously I hope you have at least... no you haven't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I regard someone as British if they were raised in Britain to British cultural norms. Their skin tone is an irrelevance to me.
    Right.

It wouldn't occur to me to think of my mate Jordan as "not British" only because he's black. It's pretty weird, actually. He sounds like I do, he likes the same things I do, his house looks the same as mine, he drinks pints, he eats dodgy kebabs, he watches Rugby, and he whines about the weather. I don't even know where his grandparents were from, to be honest.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-05-15 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I am sure you are right. No I hope you are right. And to me it doesn't even matter. Everything will end because first there is everything then there is nothing. And if you want to discuss with me seriously I hope you have at least... no you haven't.
    Wait what? Im confused..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lessal View Post
    Oh trust me, she is not going to get my vote come next election.
    i would not even be suprised if she gets out of office in ... unconventional ways.
    many see her as a traitor, more concerned with her political legacy then the wellbeing of her people, and i tend to agree.

and still th EU is absolutly untransparent and we only know of most of their doings when it is already to late and already law. whatever political power the EU gives to my goverment, i dont think it is worth the risk of this lack of of oversight.

tldr: who watches the watchmen?
    I heard someone put a pig head in front of her office today by the way.

I agree that the part of the EU, the European Comission for example being part of this, is clearly undemocratic and I don't understand who represents us there. Also the TTIP talks for example showed how they discuss behind closed gates, which is something I truly dislike. But I believe we should fight to change these issues into good, not disbanding the EU.

The EU also has good parts, transparent parts. The European Parliament works exactly how you'd expect. Us, the people vote for representatives according to our population and they vote on laws and discuss and the discussions are released to the public.

Here, I found a site where you can check the discussions for the Parliament:
    http://audiovisual.europarl.europa.eu/

7+ Year Old Account
    If a dog is born and raised in a stables it doesn't suddenly become a horse.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So the next tactic is to give Putin GODLIKE powers of planning and to demand the UK stay because otherwise Germany's precious Empire might be in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can a game of rounders that goes on for days really be considered a sport?
    Baseball doesn't really take that long does it? :P

Deleted
    Hubcap, your attempts at forming an opinion on international politics are poor. You shouldn't really.