Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There aren't enough sub races for it to be one for every one.
    Most would just be different skin colors.
    I'd settle for that though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Only race that really needs thought are Worgen all the others have pretty easy picks for a sub-race tho.
    worgen could probably differentiate the blood worgen to a different model, or give a new model to elven worgen vs human worgen -- in legion I think there is a quest where you restore a night elf worgen back to a night elf with the scythe of Elune... so they could give slightly different models for Nelf worgen or Helf worgen too.

Panderan, .. what about Mogu for them? although Mogu aren't really a sub-race, but I don't think Panderan came from curse of the flesh Mogu transformed by Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    There aren't enough sub races for it to be one for every one.
    Most would just be different skin colors.
    I'd settle for that though.
    it would never go down, can you imagine what gnome, goblin, night elf players would say? Panderan you might get away with, possibly Worgen because you already have human and worgen, especially if they give human from worgen slightly different models.

but Night elf - could at least have nightborne, Gnomes could have leper gnomes or mecha gnomes --- goblins have gilgoblins, spider-eyed goblins, coal goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Orc: Dragonmaw
    Dwarf: Wildhammer

Make those quests, factions, and alliances we fought for in the Twilight Highlands worth a damn.

- - - Updated - - -

Humans are a Vrykul subrace. 8)
    Cata's beta had Wildhammer and Dark Iron skins for dwarves(complete with tattoos), but they got cut before release. I still want them.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    ALLIANCE
    Human: Azotha Vrykul (Human descended Vrykul, which are still much like humans but have retained a lot of their ancient heritage (likely) in seclusion. Essentially, wild and tribal humans that are moderately taller and have Vrykul aesthetics to them)
    Dwarf: Dark Iron (However, make Wildhammer tattoos an character option for all dwarves)
    Gnome: Mechagnome
    Night Elf: Nightborne
    Draenei: Broken
    Worgen: I would say Saberon, but feral druids can technically do that already... So, I'd guess Nightmare Worgen.

HORDE
    Orc: Draenor Orc (Mag'har, Blackrock, Dragonmaw skins)
    Tauren: Taunka, Yaungol, Highmountain (Any or all)
    Troll: Zandalari (Upright standing, however add Forest Tribe, Ice Tribe, and Sand Tribe skins)
    Undead: Wretched (Mana-addled Elf)
    Blood Elf: Felblood Elf
    Goblin: Techgoblin (antithesis to Mechagnome, goblins that have tinkered themselves to be mostly mechanical beings) or Gilgobin.

NEUTRAL
    Pandaren: Furbolg or Tuskar
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2016-05-15 at 07:03 PM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Human - Just needs more skin options beards etc. (Vrykul isn't a sub race, Human is a sub race to Vrykul, do some research)
    Dwarf - I'll second everyone's choices
    Gnome - MechanoGnome is the only option, even though they are titan-forged beings.
    Night Elf - Highborne (this is only true option, Nightborne are more of a Blood Elf Subrace really, but there is a lot of toss around for these depending on how history is viewed)
    Draenei - Broken obviously
    Worgen - Kind of already a sub race, but dunno, maybe different breeds of transformation

Orc - Mag'Har again they could just do what they do with humans and add more skin tone options and beards.
    Tauren - Taunka, Yaungol, Highmountain any work here.
    Troll - Forese and Ice sound good to me, this is another that could just get more skin, tusk, tattoo options.
    Forsaken - Elven Undead probably the best choice
    Blood Elf - This is where I put Nightborne as they were part of the Highborne that betrayed the Legion and closed the portal, but that kind of puts them on Night Elf train, like I said before its a tough call where to go with what here. Wretched...maybe...
    Goblin - Just give em some skin tones, no one cares about this race anyways. I enjoy em, but lore wise they are so hollow and dull.

Pandaren - None. The subraces folks keep using are totally different races. I'd just add more fur colors and hair styles and call it a day.

For me, Sub Races don't even have to be specific just adding more skin and hair options would be fantastic. or having an option to just do an overlay pallette that is lets say "Mag'har" labeled and then tweak it to your liking, but gives you the base appearance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    worgen could probably differentiate the blood worgen to a different model, or give a new model to elven worgen vs human worgen -- in legion I think there is a quest where you restore a night elf worgen back to a night elf with the scythe of Elune... so they could give slightly different models for Nelf worgen or Helf worgen too.

Panderan, .. what about Mogu for them? although Mogu aren't really a sub-race, but I don't think Panderan came from curse of the flesh Mogu transformed by Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

- - - Updated - - -

it would never go down, can you imagine what gnome, goblin, night elf players would say? Panderan you might get away with, possibly Worgen because you already have human and worgen, especially if they give human from worgen slightly different models.

but Night elf - could at least have nightborne, Gnomes could have leper gnomes or mecha gnomes --- goblins have gilgoblins, spider-eyed goblins, coal goblins.
    I think Alliance would rather have Highborne as the Nightborne aren't that aesthetically different (skin tone, hair, eyes, model yes, but the rest is really similiar to Night Elves) And Nightborne would give the Blood Elves something a little more aesthetically different. As I doubt we'll see blizz give Sub-Races as totally new models. Which also, throws a decent chunk of mine to the Wind. Mechanognomes Taunka etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    ALLIANCE
    Human: Azotha Vrykul (Human descended Vrykul, which are still much like humans but have retained a lot of their ancient heritage (likely) in seclusion. Essentially, wild and tribal humans that are moderately taller and have Vrykul aesthetics to them)
    Dwarf: Dark Iron (However, make Wildhammer tattoos an character option for all dwarves)
    Gnome: Mechagnome
    Night Elf: Nightborne
    Draenei: Broken
    Worgen: I would say Saberon, but feral druids can technically do that already... So, I'd guess Nightmare Worgen.

HORDE
    Orc: Draenor Orc (Mag'har, Blackrock, Dragonmaw skins)
    Tauren: Taunka, Yaungol, Highmountain (Any or all)
    Troll: Zandalari (Upright standing, however add Forest Tribe, Ice Tribe, and Sand Tribe skins)
    Undead: Wretched (Undead Elf)
    Blood Elf: Felblood Elf
    Goblin: Techgoblin (antithesis to Mechagnome, goblins that have tinkered themselves to be mostly mechanical beings) or Gilgobin.

NEUTRAL
    Pandaren: Furbolg or Tuskar
    that's really interesting, prob the best so far. I like the idea for human I like your idea for Troll and Goblin, Techgoblin sounds really interesting. .. oh.. Undead elf aren't called w & retched, they're called Darkfallen or Forsaken Elves - they could also be a Blood Elf sub-group.. you also have Wretched for Belf, but they just don't seem developed enough, they'll have to re-design them. San'layan is an option for BElf - those are vampire Belves, although techtnically they're undead, they could be more like unliving
    Last edited by Beloren; 2016-05-15 at 06:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    that's really interesting, prob the best so far. I like the idea for human I like your idea for Troll and Goblin, Techgoblin sounds really interesting. .. oh.. Undead elf aren't called w & retched, they're called Darkfallen or Forsaken Elves - they could also be a Blood Elf sub-group.. you also have Wretched for Belf, but they just don't seem developed enough, they'll have to re-design them. San'layan is an option for BElf - those are vampire Belves, although techtnically they're undead, they could be more like unliving
    Undead elves are in-fact called Wretched.

*Edit:
    Well, apparently they aren't technically undead, just mana-addled. But essentially act like undead and use the same model.
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2016-05-15 at 07:02 PM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Easy:

Human
    - Azotha: Ugly children of the Vrykul. Larger physique, more Barbarian-like.
    Dwarf
    - Dark Iron: From Blackrock Mountain, dark skinned with fiery eyes.
    - Wildhammer: Traditional tattoos and tanned skin.
    Gnome
    - Mecha: Curse of Flesh reversed by Mimiron, certain Mechagnome features remain intact. Chris Robinson Approved.
    Night Elf
    - Cenarion: Dryad and Keeper of the Grove features. 4 Legs
    Draenei
    - Broken: Draenei twisted by dark magic.
    Worgen
    - Blackhowl: Worgen infused with the Blood of a black Dragon. Scales and Drakonid features.
    Orc
    - Half-Ogre: Mok'thanal Orcs, a la Rexxar. Larger physique, yellow skin.
    Troll
    - Zandalari: Upright Posture, Zandalari Trolls.
    Tauren
    - Taunka: Cousins of the Tauren from Northrend.
    Forsaken
    - Elf: Undead High Elves, pointed ears and elven hair styles.
    Blood Elf
    - Darkfallen: Last remaining members of the San'layn, welcomed into the Forsaken by Sylvanas.
    Goblin
    - Gilgoblin: Aquatic goblins, created by Hobart Grapplehammer.
    Pandaren
    - Tuskarr: Replace the Pandaren head with a Tuskarr head. No lore explanation needed coo coo cachoo i am the tuskarr.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Pandaren
    - Tuskarr: Replace the Pandaren head with a Tuskarr head. No lore explanation needed coo coo cachoo i am the tuskarr.
    I would lose my stupid mind. That would be the best thing ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf
    - Cenarion: Dryad and Keeper of the Grove features. 4 Legs
    Would be really fun to play as, no doubt. Though, I think that Nightborne are closer than Cenarion in model/appearance.

Worgen
    - Blackhowl: Worgen infused with the Blood of a black Dragon. Scales and Drakonid features.
    I didn't think of that, that would be really good.

Orc
    - Half-Ogre: Mok'thanal Orcs, a la Rexxar. Larger physique, yellow skin.
    Also good, but I also think that the Draenor Orcish races should be included as well. However adding them as skins all would be heavy on the skin selection gauge... >.<

Still a good idea for a sub-race, probably easier to implement.
    ~~ ~~

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some aren't subraces but those are my tips:

Draenei - The Broken
    Human - Not-ripped human
    Night Elf - High Elf
    Dwarf - Dark Iron
    Gnome - Mechagnome
    Worgen - Females with feral appearance, males with goofy appearance (like the females)

Pandaren - Those awesome war-like Pandarens of the artworks!

Orc - Mag'har
    Tauren - Taunka
    Troll - Gurubashi/Amani skins
    Goblin - Fat goblins like Gallywix!
    Blood Elf - Nightborne from Suramar
    Forsaken - Elf-type Forsaken

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Night Elf - Highborne (this is only true option, Nightborne are more of a Blood Elf Subrace really, but there is a lot of toss around for these depending on how history is viewed)
    I don't get that though, how can anybody think nightborne are more blood elf than night elf, that's just silly, sure they have some blood elf/high elf charactersitics, you forget blood elf come from night elf and Suramar perfectly highlights that for you.

Suramar = hey guys, look at what night elves use to be like, hey guys, look at what night elves gave up to protect you.

now you can see night elf and arcane and magic have always been locked arm in arm, and how blood elf is similar to night elf.

but I would think the dark skin, the lore would be a dead give away. You can't say hey - nightborne is blood elf before it is night elf. Blood elf goes closer to night elf first before nightborne. Nightborne goes closer to night elf first before blood elf.
    both blood elf and nightborne are closer to night elf first than they are to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Would be really fun to play as, no doubt. Though, I think that Nightborne are closer than Cenarion in model/appearance.

I didn't think of that, that would be really good.

Also good, but I also think that the Draenor Orcish races should be included as well. However adding them as skins all would be heavy on the skin selection gauge... >.<

Still a good idea for a sub-race, probably easier to implement.
    I actually think that if Blizzard ever adds sub-races, they won't stop at simple texture additions. Rather, I think they would go all the way and put a lot of work into making 'alternate' character model options, that are still heavily based on the original models.

Night Elves -> Nightborne is a pretty good example of this, with the shared skeleton but different models entirely.

I think they could add the simple texture-only subraces, like Mag'har Orcs and Wildhammer/Dark Iron Dwarves, as inclusions to the original races skin options, instead of giving them 'sub-race' status.

It could also be an opportunity to give some races more customization options overall, like Orc posture, Human buff-ness, new hairstyles, etc.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This dude just said blacks are a sub human race. I'm laughing so hard.

Change your phrasing bro omg lololol

So asking the community, when it comes to sub-races if blizzard started with just 1 per race for the first round, which do you think would be picked for each race?
    If Blizzard made 1,000 sub-races, people would still be crying because there were not 1,001.

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    Some aren't subraces but those are my tips:

Draenei - The Broken
    Human - Not-ripped human
    Night Elf - High Elf
    Dwarf - Dark Iron
    Gnome - Mechagnome
    Worgen - Females with feral appearance, males with goofy appearance (like the females)

Pandaren - Those awesome war-like Pandarens of the artworks!

Orc - Mag'har
    Tauren - Taunka
    Troll - Gurubashi/Amani skins
    Goblin - Fat goblins like Gallywix!
    Blood Elf - Nightborne from Suramar
    Forsaken - Elf-type Forsaken
    Human? -not ripped..
    worgen? - I thought the females already looked feral - wasn't that what the complaints were about? or did they just not like the current worgen female
    Pandaren -- are you think of Mogu? if so I like
    Goblin - fat goblins? they should exist though, but that's not a sub-race, nor are "not-ripped" humans wow just doesn't show size variations within a race, you have to think of a politically differnet group or a slight genetic variation of an existing group - but usually sub-races tend to be slight genetic variations to give you a customised look.
    Blood elf - you can't give nightborne to blood elf ahead night elf nor ahead of all the other blood elf possibilities including San'layan, Fel-blood elves, Darkfallen, Wretched etc. Nightborne on blood elf is possible but too low down the list. Besieds, Nightborne is a variation of Night elf not blood elf. Blood elf is a variation of night elf too, but not of nightbonre.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2016-05-15 at 07:54 PM.

I don't get that though, how can anybody think nightborne are more blood elf than night elf, that's just silly, sure they have some blood elf/high elf charactersitics, you forget blood elf come from night elf and Suramar perfectly highlights that for you.

Suramar = hey guys, look at what night elves use to be like, hey guys, look at what night elves gave up to protect you.

now you can see night elf and arcane and magic have always been locked arm in arm, and how blood elf is similar to night elf.

but I would think the dark skin, the lore would be a dead give away. You can't say hey - nightborne is blood elf before it is night elf. Blood elf goes closer to night elf first before nightborne. Nightborne goes closer to night elf first before blood elf.
    both blood elf and nightborne are closer to night elf first than they are to each other.
    In Truth the Order is Night Elf divides into Highborne and Lowborne (not really aesthtically different is caste system). Highborne divides down once it becomes legion bound into Highborne who follow Azashara all the way and Nightborne (who decided to stop siding with the Legion once they realized they were going to loose Suramar) and Blood Elves come later as we all know once they are the remains of Highborne who drank from the well. Really they are all Night Elves just various branches, castes, but blizz decided to use a sub race to give Horde pretty people.

I actually explain this more farther down in my post and again after the quote I used. The reason I give Highborne to the Night Elves and Nightborne to the blood elves is really less lore and more aesthetics. Nightborne (beyond the model) aren't really that drastically different skin tone, hair etc than Night Elves while Highborne give them a little more. Again not a lot at all wither way for Night Elves.

Lorewise yes, Nightborne make the most sense for night Elves, while High borne make the most sense for Blood Elves. Sticking with who betrayed who and who tends to side more with the "evil" sides of elves and power concerns. The nightborne aren't totally innocent either though, they sided with the Legion for a decent part until they realized they were going to get royally dicked over because of the portal and stopped it. Actually looking at more pictures, Nightborne and Highborne both don''t add a lot aesthetically to Night Elves, unless you give them the new model. And as I stated I'm not 100% sure Blizzard is going to give new models to some races and not all races.

The most ignorant is thinking Humans would get Vrykul as a sub-race.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2016-05-15 at 08:04 PM.

I actually think that if Blizzard ever adds sub-races, they won't stop at simple texture additions. Rather, I think they would go all the way and put a lot of work into making 'alternate' character model options, that are still heavily based on the original models.

Night Elves -> Nightborne is a pretty good example of this, with the shared skeleton but different models entirely.

I think they could add the simple texture-only subraces, like Mag'har Orcs and Wildhammer/Dark Iron Dwarves, as inclusions to the original races skin options, instead of giving them 'sub-race' status.

It could also be an opportunity to give some races more customization options overall, like Orc posture, Human buff-ness, new hairstyles, etc.
    Agreed 100%, it would be a bad idea to just add them as skin texture, you could do a hell of a lot more with them. Sure some peole just want more skins and they'll be fine with that, but many more including those people would appreciate a proper sub-race treatment.

I mnean if you wanted just an extra skin, you'd be fine with having a full sub-race cos that would also be "an extra" skin anyway. But if you wanted a proper treatment, you'd be disappointed with just a sub-race.

Yeah, night elf - nightborne is a perfect example of this, and also what qualifies as a sub-race. I do like the idea of Blackhowl worgen - I noticed in Legion, night elf worgen currently use the same model as human worgen when in worgen form. But althought that could change, Blackhowl is already there, so it's a better option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    If Blizzard made 1,000 sub-races, people would still be crying because there were not 1,001.
    roflmao

what happens when they give the 1001th?

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    black human? lol wtf you think they are a sub race?
    Hahahahaha

Dwarf - Wildhammer, with tats!
    Orc - Dragonmaw, with tats!
    Tauren - Taunka and Hightotem tauren. Taunka's would need a female form as well ofc.