Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Grass or Pass

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post

Grass or Pass
    Grass (except Chikorita because...well Feraligatr)

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]http://img10.deviantart.net/b403/i/2016/132/5/e/hello_rowlet_by_zacharybla-da26y12.jpg[IMG]

Grass or Pass
    Mostly been a Fire starter maniac. Can't remember a game I haven't started with the Fire type on. Of course, in Yellow, you start with Pikachu, so there's that excuse.
    This time around, it would seem I'll aim for the Grass type. Too cute and there are few Grass/Flying Pokemon. If I remember correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Tropius should be the only Grass/Flying, as far as I can remember. My mistake. There's also the Dandelion trio-evolution stages of Hoppip and, lastly, Sky Forme Shaymin.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2016-05-15 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Tropius should be the only Grass/Flying, as far as I can remember.
    Jumpluff family (2G) and Shaymin-sky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Jumpluff family (2G) and Shaymin-sky
    Yeah, noticed after I posted it that I was missing the Dandelion family and Shaymin (Sky Forme).

Tropius should be the only Grass/Flying, as far as I can remember.
    Jumpluff is the only other Grass/Flying

Honestly, Rowlet is on track to be my favorite starter since Treecko

10+ Year Old Account
    Jumpluff is the only other Grass/Flying

Honestly, Rowlet is on track to be my favorite starter since Treecko
    BLASPHEMY! THE TORCHIC LINE OF EVOLUTIONS ARE THE SUPERIOR ONES!

... When I was young and went at my elementary school and the games were "in", some liked Treecko due to looks, but I always aimed for Torchic whenever I was going to start a new save/continue on. Blaziken for the win!

m8, can KFC do this?

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    In gen7 I really want chesnaught be able to learn leaf blade....
    and greninja razor shell (I know the name doesn't sound right but samurott uses it and doesn't have any shells either ) or slash (I like it more than cut..)
    The plates/armour on Samurott are the shells it uses for attacks. The horn on its 'helmet' could be used for Razor Shell, but the bracers on its forearms are what I would imagine it uses for that attack.

The plates closest to its shoulders (with the spike jutting out) are actually the 'swords' it uses in combat, which are elongated and sharpened shells (the spikes serve as the weapon's handles). The lower two plates do not detatch, and act as the weapon's scabbards.

(Bulbapedia notes that Samurott's swords actually have a name, and are called 'seamitars'. Quite clever.)

I don't think it would make sense for Greninja to learn Razor Shell, but I agree that it should be able to learn Slash, though. It already learns Night Slash, so, why not.

- - - Updated - - -

Grass or Pass
    You do realise that image you posted is a massacre in progress, right? Rowlet is just about to assault all of them with a flying attack. The next scene is probably a pile of unconscious bodies, and Rowelt is nowhere to be found.
    Last edited by Arachnophobia; 2016-05-15 at 09:31 PM.

Then, I had my shenanigan moment when I started on my 6th attempt, getting it to around <10 HP, by using my last Poké Ball first. I caught the Mewtwo I used hours to try to get, on a darn. single. last. zip. zero. Poké Ball.
    oh, I know that moment. had plenty of them ^^
    sometimes I'm just like: screw this tried to catch a fckr for half an hour with hyper balls or timer balls. now I'm going to use a pokeball and bams it is in...

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobia View Post
    The plates/armour on Samurott are the shells it uses for attacks. The horn on its 'helmet' could be used for Razor Shell, but the bracers on its forearms are what I would imagine it uses for that attack.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BAV8dZf.png[/MG]

The plates closest to its shoulders (with the spike jutting out) are actually the 'swords' it uses in combat, which are elongated and sharpened shells (the spikes serve as the weapon's handles). The lower two plates do not detatch, and act as the weapon's scabbards.

(Bulbapedia notes that Samurott's swords actually have a name, and are called 'seamitars'. Quite clever.)

I don't think would make sense for Greninja to learn Razor Shell, but I agree that it should be able to learn Slash, though. It already learns Night Slash, so, why not.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Khaz, you do realise that that image you posted of Rowlet in the middle of the other grass starters is a massacre in progress, right? Rowlet is just about to assault all of them with a flying attack. The next scene is probably a pile of unconscious bodies, and Rowelt is nowhere to be found.
    well, they're not shells in the traditional sense
    (Binacle and it's evo also use razor shell and they cleary don't have any shells)
    razor shell is the closest attack to a water type slash/sword attack that's why I'm going with it

about the name maybe it's just not a good translation. in german it's called "Kalklinge". (Kalk - Lime, that thing that water causes in faucets, water heater, ect. Klinge - Blade) only the the description of the attack says it is used with shells. but a description can be changed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Been playing NU on showdown. Must be the only tier I like currently. xD
    Such a mixed bag of strategies in NU. I haven't been able to find anywhere outside of showdown to play it though; not many of my friends would spend the time training a team for NU.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Deleted
    Best game you've played yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Such a mixed bag of strategies in NU. I haven't been able to find anywhere outside of showdown to play it though; not many of my friends would spend the time training a team for NU.
    Yeah... It's a rare tier to play in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobia View Post
    I don't think it would make sense for Greninja to learn Razor Shell, but I agree that it should be able to learn Slash, though. It already learns Night Slash, so, why not.
    Night Slash fits its ninja motif. Regular Slash is just scratching with nails which Greninja doesn't have.

(Also Night Slash's japanese name is つじぎり (Tsujigiri) = Crossroad Killing. Definetly not scratching, and definetly fits a Ninja.)

UU is currently my favorite tier. Has the powerful mons without being completely broken like OU is. Hell, UU has been my favorite tier since the weather wars of BW OU. The fact that Mega Sceptile, Crobat, Gyarados, and Florges all happen to be UU is just an added bonus. If only Volcarona was UU it would be perfect!

10+ Year Old Account
    UU is currently my favorite tier. Has the powerful mons without being completely broken like OU is. Hell, UU has been my favorite tier since the weather wars of BW OU. The fact that Mega Sceptile, Crobat, Gyarados, and Florges all happen to be UU is just an added bonus. If only Volcarona was UU it would be perfect!
    Mega Scept is my UU poster girl. Florges also a staple.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    well, they're not shells in the traditional sense
    (Binacle and it's evo also use razor shell and they cleary don't have any shells)
    razor shell is the closest attack to a water type slash/sword attack that's why I'm going with it

about the name maybe it's just not a good translation. in german it's called "Kalklinge". (Kalk - Lime, that thing that water causes in faucets, water heater, ect. Klinge - Blade) only the the description of the attack says it is used with shells. but a description can be changed
    Yeah, it's all down to translations. Typically, if a move doesn't make sense for a pokémon to have, it's most likely to do with the translations from the original Japanese name. For example: Tyranitar can learn Aerial Ace, and the description states that the user "confounds the opponent with speed", and I wouldn't call Tyranitar a speedy pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Night Slash fits its ninja motif. Regular Slash is just scratching with nails which Greninja doesn't have.

(Also Night Slash's japanese name is つじぎり (Tsujigiri) = Crossroad Killing. Definetly not scratching, and definetly fits a Ninja.)
    Point taken, and interesting trivia.
    Last edited by Arachnophobia; 2016-05-15 at 11:27 PM.