Inscription changes

Major glyphs, along with many minor glyphs, have been converted or removed from the game.
    Scribes can now craft Vantus Runes, a consumable item that allows a player to perform more effectively against one particular raid boss each week.
    Anyone in beta able to answer my questions?

Do all current characters who have Inscription keep all glyph recipes or are they entirely removed from the game for every character who has the Inscription profession?

or

Do all current characters keep their recipes and any character made, or who take on the profession during and after Legion, not get the recipes?

I'm asking because the completionist in me wonders if pre-Legion characters can complete having every recipe and Legion or after characters cannot. Is the profession being revamped so much that Legion is a fresh start and every recipe can be earned, bought, trained, found, etc?

Thank you.

They have removed glyphs before. The recipe to make those were removed, both from people that knew them and from their source. Any actual glyphs that had been crafted but not used yet, were turned into gray vendor items. Those glyphs also don't appear in the list of possible glyphs.

I assume they'll go about the same route with the removal of the recipes for the glyphs that will go away. Meaning everyone will end up having (access to) the same recipes, regardless of how long they had Inscription.

There's no character copy on the alpha or beta yet.

Major glyphs will be removed from the game completely. When they change a profession like this it always means it will apply to everybody of any level.

So when the Legion pre-patch hits all your major glyphs will go bye-bye. All characters in game will be using the same interface and the new interface won't even have anyplace to put major glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Major glyphs will be removed from the game completely. When they change a profession like this it always means it will apply to everybody of any level.

So when the Legion pre-patch hits all your major glyphs will go bye-bye. All characters in game will be using the same interface and the new interface won't even have anyplace to put major glyphs.
    I'm wondering about that. The inscription trainers show all the old pre Legion recipes. I assumed that the class inscription panel doesn't disappear until you get to Legion. Anyone know for sure?

Deleted
    I like there is a severe reduction of the number of glyphs in whole. That profession was horrible for those not liking reposting that much.

Anyway, on the topic, in the past expansion releases we could know that sort of thing by checking if the ID of the glyph passes on.

For example, Glyph of Gushing Wound on live, also has Glyph of Gushing Wound on beta.

But, Glyph of Blitz gives Charred Glyph

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That profession was horrible for those not liking reposting that much.
    They really need to increase max posting time to 48 days. It extremely annoying to have to keep relisting every 48 hours, that barely leaves any free time for other activities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They really need to increase max posting time to 48 days. It extremely annoying to have to keep relisting every 48 hours, that barely leaves any free time for other activities.
    I was thinking of that but I believe the issue would be that you have players that hold gigantic inventories. Imagine someone having instead of 800 auctions, now having 8,000 auctions and then when it ends we'll have to collect the mail. It would mean some may be insanely rich with little effort, or, it might mean that it makes it annoying when collecting mail again, and in the end it might be again annoying to do it so it's also a game of "who can bear reposting without being annoying that much".