wow logs please help to understand

Hello,

I have not raided in a while, found my old logs but based on numbers and stats I don't understand how to read them and what do those numbers mean?
    This is not a warcraft log but something else my numbers seem to be low? Is this a terrible log?
    My log

Thanks

Which numbers do you find low? If you're looking at the page you linked, you're viewing DPS as resto, so 2-4K seems about average (as the 50-75th-percentile logs implies). Switch it to showing healing, or showing your boomkin spec's dps if you want to view numbers that actually matters.

At least for how you linked it it's set on damage overall for restoration.
    You can change it to healing like this:

You can then go from boss to boss to see how you did and really understand your performance. Obviously if you want to take a look at balance, you'd likely want to switch it back to damage at the top.

Thank you guys for your reply. Is it common for resto druid to be high on overhealing due to lifebloom hots?
    So 50-75% = means good?
    Anyone know a good youtube video that teaches how to read logs? Thanks
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing

Deleted
    Generally a resto druid will have alot of overhealing yes. But the fact you are 3 healing with a 12 man group also doesn´t help, thats to many healers to go after high numbers imo.

If you want to see if you are doing a good job healing then i advice you not to look at percentile numbers, as thats mainly for people that want to rank on farm, often with a guild.

To see how you are doing you can click on your name and look at your casts and uptimes. For example you had an uptime of 65.09% lifebloom. As lifebloom should be always on a target this means you need to increase this to as close as 100% as possible. You can also look at stuff like tranq, yours only healed for 578k and overhealing 72%, meaning you probably popped it at wrong time or didnt cordinate healing cds with your co-healers. Im not sure if you heal with a guild or pugs but if it is a guild make sure you guys are planning healing cds and not overlapping them, as this will hurt you as a healer and also your raid.

The next thing healers also look at is the buff tab. Here u can for example see your harmory uptime was 91%, wich also could be increased abit. You can see how often and when spells are casts, if you maybe should increase this.

By looking at the resources tab > mana, you see how you did for mana and if you maybe could have casted more or should have popped an mana or int potion.

Theres more to it but to go into detail you have to ask someone who knows a little more about resto druid then me.

But like i said you are healing with to many healers to be looking at your percentiles or even healing amount.

Shinbout , Thanks so much for taking time and glancing at my logs. I was assigned to be the first to use my cooldown looks like one of other healers popeed it too. I had to switch to healing on that fight because the raid kept on wiping due to low dps on boss. As soon as I switched we killed the boss. Not sure if it has anything to do with me or not but yeah I pretty much didn't need to heal much there. Thanks again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    Shinbout , Thanks so much for taking time and glancing at my logs. I was assigned to be the first to use my cooldown looks like one of other healers popeed it too. I had to switch to healing on that fight because the raid kept on wiping due to low dps on boss. As soon as I switched we killed the boss. Not sure if it has anything to do with me or not but yeah I pretty much didn't need to heal much there. Thanks again!
    "I had to switch to healing on that fight because the raid kept on wiping due to low dps on boss."

...that is kinda the OPPOSITE of what you should have done.
    Low DPS on boss is not a healing issue. And as you "didn't need to heal much", you were essentially useless to the raid...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    "I had to switch to healing on that fight because the raid kept on wiping due to low dps on boss."

...that is kinda the OPPOSITE of what you should have done.
    Maybe he did lower DPS than another healer.