Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    there is nothing skill full about pve spamming and 100-0 someone through d cds.
    Then you obviously haven't raided Mythic prenerf, its not exactly skillfull but i'm 100% sure if you and a top tier raider had the same gear, class and spec he will pull 50% or more dps than you do.

PvE is based on dedication and teamwork, working trough times that guilds mostly disband due to stress and anger, however if you haven't raided in a hardcore endtier guild then you might not get the impression of how skilled you need to be.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Legion does look really good simply from what is in the build already, I must admit.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Dailies was still part of the progression in WotLK that was reasonable. Legion progression with world quests is as meaningful as a fart and that is why the pigenholed order halls resources gating relic and legendary slots. Or else no one would bother doing them.
    Dailys in WOTLK literally only gave you gold and rep until the Argent Tournament. Wheras dailys in Legion will give gear, mounts, transmog, gold, artifact power, garrison resources.

It's clear which one is more meaningful, and it wasn't WOTLK
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Its good I won't lie. But it is exactly good how WoD was when it was on beta. I loved WoD beta. I loved WoD the first month. The real question with any expansion that is to come is down to one thing. Can they follow up the release of the expansion with a few meaningful patches with depth of content. Will they avoid another 12+ months with nothing at the end of it. I think in the past they have proven WoW can live though long end of expansion droughts. But WoD proved that without meaningful patches between release of expansions the game will be good as dead if it happens again. Top it off with no meaningful patches AND a year long drought. Fuck..

But what is on the table now? The zones a great. The leveling is fun. The 5 mans are pretty good. The raids look good but I never really am one to test that to much. I like the artifact stuff in all honesty right now. The class hall stuff is a tuned down garrison that doesn't separate you from the world. World quests get you out in the world a lot, at least for now, as the rewards are still upgrades. I am going to hold off on class stuff now because I know tuning and changes are going to happen a lot on that front still.

Can they follow it up though. That is really the question Legion will answer for me. If it ends up being another empty follow up of content like WoD was. Where patches were almost completely meaningless minus putting in raids, selfie camera, slider bar move up 5 mans of recycled content, and a zone that was suppose to be in at launch? If it is that again I will be done. The cash grab would have gotten to big for me. How it isn't already is amazing. But Legion will be strike three if it goes down like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusified View Post
    Then you obviously haven't raided Mythic prenerf, its not exactly skillfull but i'm 100% sure if you and a top tier raider had the same gear, class and spec he will pull 50% or more dps than you do.

PvE is based on dedication and teamwork, working trough times that guilds mostly disband due to stress and anger, however if you haven't raided in a hardcore endtier guild then you might not get the impression of how skilled you need to be.

this isn't a pve discussion, and no I wouldn't be out healed by 50% by anyone in equal situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Its good I won't lie. But it is exactly good how WoD was when it was on beta.
    Are you being serious?

WoD leveling was fine on beta and it was fine on live, but virtually everyone anticipated the problems with apexis grinding and how quickly dungeons would be outmoded by LFR with no Valor at the time. And it was a sick joke that the best rewards you could get from reputation, evens reps you couldn't farm until cap, we're 620 blue trinkets.

All these issues people saw coming thirty miles away.

Meanwhile Mythic+ alone gives Legion dungeons a far greater lifespan than WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its good I won't lie. But it is exactly good how WoD was when it was on beta. I loved WoD beta. I loved WoD the first month. The real question with any expansion that is to come is down to one thing. Can they follow up the release of the expansion with a few meaningful patches with depth of content. Will they avoid another 12+ months with nothing at the end of it. I think in the past they have proven WoW can live though long end of expansion droughts. But WoD proved that without meaningful patches between release of expansions the game will be good as dead if it happens again. Top it off with no meaningful patches AND a year long drought. Fuck..

Thank god someone said this. Most expansions are fun the first 1-3 months. WoD was. But then we waited and got... 6.1, the selfie patch. waited and got 6.2 which was OK... and then... waited.... and waited....

If Legion follows up with 4 patches, 3 tiers and ~6-9 months of open time and the end and the patches are decent? Most people will love it. If we get 2 tiers and one really patch and a year long pause? It will be bullshit.

It's good to hear, though, that people are liking what's there. Much better news than having an 'I waited for THIS??? " reaction.

And I am not really impressed by your reasons explaining why you are impressed by Legion. Bunch of shallow words. In fact, I am quite positive that you think you are impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusified View Post

Tuning has been great, some rough egdes but you need to keep in mind, pure dps class is pure dps (they will always be on top).

Just wanted to give some positive feedback, cya in Legion!
    Bad argument. Pure DPS spec should have a Pure chance at being TOP DPS. Outside of some specs just do better on certain fights.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    If you think wod raids were good you must be either blind or paid by blizzard to post this.
    WoD raids were good, same level as MoP.

I like the original post, it feels as if a fresh breeze of positivity has come through the window after all this negativity the shithole known as 'WoD' brought to us.
    From what I've seen so far, it indeed looks like there are a lot of new neat things and features in Legion and I am really looking forward to the expansion.
    I am still a bit hesitant though because when I first tried WoD I thought it was awesome too... yet I've played the expansion for 2 or so months only while I stayed subscribed for all Cata and nearly all MoP (And I LOVED MoP).
    In my opinion, if blizzard wants to make this a successful expansion they should do the following:
    A: Strong launch, a month or so in the expansion all raids should be made available (Ala MoP).
    B: First small patch in 3 or so months after expansion drops, 2 months after all raids are available. Bring a new faction, a neat questline that continues the expansion's story forward, a bit of expanding on new features maybe (Like more Order hall things or introduction of new keystones), new dailies for that faction along with a mount or something cool as a reward. A new BG and a new arena for PvP lovers (To tell the truth, I hate PvP but I can't see why we can't have a bit of everything).
    C: Big patch hits 6-7 months after launch, 3-4 months after first small patch. Big juicy raid, or a small and a big one. New zone with 1-2 factions with rewards, new dailies, a new dungeon or two, flying hopefully, more expanding on already existing features.
    D: Another small patch hits 9-10 months into the expansion with same things (or maybe a tiny bit less) the other small patch had (For example no new bg or arena this time around as 1 bg/arena per expansion are good IMO since they technically stay relevant forever). Also small catching up mechanics like item upgrades to help ppl who are stuck on previous patch's raid.
    E: Final big patch 12-14 months into the expansion based on the content of the previous big patch. This patch will also bring similar things to the previous big patch.
    F: Beta for next expansion starts 4-5 months in final patch, 16-19 months into expansion.
    G: New expasion releases 3-4 months later for a total of 20-24 months of Legion life.
    That would make this expansion amazing in my opinion (and yeah, it should remind you a lot of MoP haha since it is my favourite) but I would stay subbed for all its duration if that was the case!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    You post positive things about wow in mmo champion? What herecy is that.

Also wod raids where bad? Looks like someone was kicked out of many guilds cause he cant play for shit.
    Its funny cuz this comment is on point in relation to him

Deleted
    If you think wod raids were good you must be either blind or paid by blizzard to post this.
    They were pretty damn good. BRF probably best raid since Ulduar. HFC is also top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Are you being serious?

WoD leveling was fine on beta and it was fine on live, but virtually everyone anticipated the problems with apexis grinding and how quickly dungeons would be outmoded by LFR with no Valor at the time. And it was a sick joke that the best rewards you could get from reputation, evens reps you couldn't farm until cap, we're 620 blue trinkets.

All these issues people saw coming thirty miles away.

Meanwhile Mythic+ alone gives Legion dungeons a far greater lifespan than WoD.
    The reading comprehensions is this one.. is low..

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Thank god someone said this. Most expansions are fun the first 1-3 months. WoD was.
    Except it had no endgame apart from raids. The whole world and all the dungeons became irrelevant one month in when Highmaul opened. The lack of new content being patched in didn't help, but the fundamental problems were present at inception and most people saw them coming.

Legion actually has a sustainable endgame. Even without any content patches there's nothing even close to WoD's content dropoff.

- - - Updated - - -

The reading comprehensions is this one.. is low..
    I pointed out that all of WoD's major issues which led to content drought almost out of the gate were visible on beta to anyone who was paying attention and that Legion does not share them.

You seem to believe it all comes down to the frequency and size of content patches. But WoD was failing almost immediately. Lack of patch content just extended the drought that started in the first month.

Legion just has way more shit to do at launch than WoD had throughout its entire cycle. Patch content will be gravy.

I pointed out that all of WoD's major issues which led to content drought almost out of the gate were visible on beta to anyone who was paying attention and that Legion does not share them.

You seem to believe it all comes down to the frequency and size of content patches. But WoD was failing almost immediately. Lack of patch content just extended the drought that started in the first month.

Legion just has way more shit to do at launch than WoD had throughout its entire cycle. Patch content will be gravy.
    ...and.. I really like what Legion has so far? too But I disagree that patch content doesn't matter. If you think that then that is your right. I won't bother arguing something that I consider the most ignorant thing on the planet. Minus maybe Glorious Leader and rym. But they are only slightly more ignorant than that. Barely.

You dare bring the warmth of positivity here!? Begone heretical cur!

Although I have to admit I largely agree on what you wrote, Legion is definitely shaping up to be a great expansion.

My only concern is the possibility of it being frontloaded and then have pretty barebones stuff post launch i.e content patches that only have small updates like 6.1 which only offered very little, not that I mind the selfie toy but it was a pretty barebones content patch.

But I choose to remain positive and if I get burned further down the line then so be it.

So are most people apart from the hardcore anti-Blizzard/WoW people that somehow got their hands on Beta...although they're usually pulling shit out their ass and haven't even actually tried Legion which is why you see the same hyperbole burped out time and again by their fans/other anti-WoW people looking for any negative point to latch on to.

"They added a command table?? Legion is shit WoW is dead Facebook game give Legacy servers because Classic had more content!!!1"...

To me, they really have to prove themselves with content beyond 7.0. Will we get 2 more tier patches and 2 patches with content that's not raid-related like we did in MoP, or will they stumble?

7.0 may have more content than the entirety of WoD and the first patch of MoP, but they'll have to keep that theme up. To hell with the "yearly expansion plz!"-crowd, let them whine. An expansion could last 5 years for all I care if it kept up the quality of content and released it regularly.

The raids were one of few redeeming qualities that WoD had. Who's blind here, I wonder?
    Or are you one of those people that go by looks and not mechanics when it comes to judging a raid? LOL!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-15 at 10:44 PM.

I didn't say that it doesn't matter. Let me simplify my point a bit.

WoD had nothing to do almost immediately. If you didn't raid you were left waiting for new content that never came.

Legion has enough to do that while you might eventually exhaust it all if you neither raid or run dungeons, it will be a matter of months rather than weeks. Patch content will be expected at some point but when it arrives it will be building on a solid foundation rather than trying to rescue something that was dead on arrival as Tanaan did.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Do we jsut totally ignore HFC when discussing WoD or somehting?
    Worst is an extremely subjective opinion to have of WoD
    I know people that thought MoP was the worst expansion to date, and loved WoD without even raiding.
    Different strokes indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say that it doesn't matter. Let me simplify my point a bit.

WoD had nothing to do almost immediately. If you didn't raid you were left waiting for new content that never came.

Legion has enough to do that while you might eventually exhaust it all if you neither raid or run dungeons, it will be a matter of months rather than weeks. Patch content will be expected at some point but when it arrives it will be building on a solid foundation rather than trying to rescue something that was dead on arrival as Tanaan did.
    Indeed, it has OBJECTIVELY more content than WoD. Negative Nate's aside.
    There will still, as always, be the crowd that has a mentality of " no content gief next patch!!" although they don't actually DO any content beyond a first attempt or difficulty because said content doesn't "interest" them...