Poll: Will we be forced grind artifacts for each spec.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    You get a Artifact power increase to your other artifacts. yes you will need to still work to get them leveled, but a lot less. So there is already a solution.

Can we please stop trying to get rid of meaningful activities just because some people feel like being lazy.
    Youg get it indeed and 1 research last 5 days
    So te catch up works as intended in long term (after 50 days you will get alot of AP) but i point the first few weeks of the release we will get hotfixes for sure and if some spec is ok for raid in day 1 that can be easly changed till raid comes and what you will do then ??
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-05-15 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Because the initial gains from questing and first time quests yield far more AP than grinding out "extra" on a main.
    But leveling is more then just AP farming, if you concentrate on pure AP farming i'm sure you can do at least as much as you get during the leveling process in a similar timeframe.

Getting up to the second major trait isn't all that many AP, and probably quite comfortably ready for raiding at that point, only finishing the entire tree takes a whole lot of AP (although those values may still be in tuning).

In fact, from the AP scaling right now, you could probably get a whole bunch of weapons to level 20 or so before you would have one completely filled out.

This is a legitimate concern because Blizzard said they don't want people having 2 maxed out Artifacts and that you will have to seriously work for it. If specs are not within 5% of eachother then people are going to fucking rage.
    Don't worry, people will rage no matter what.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-05-15 at 10:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well if Demonology is fine in 7.0 but Destro in 7.1 isnt a big issue because between these 2 paches you will have alot of time to get AP
    Now when Legion start and demo is fine but week after a hotfix is implented and demo sux but destro is cool then you will meet serious problem
    if maxing out of your Artifact will be a quest for whole expansion it could be a problem from start to end. Also nobody showed us up to now how this "catch up" mechanism will work. It is a serious concern as we know that dps power rankings can change even mid raid tier just because of some stupid trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yes..by making fights not reliable on arbitrary theoretical dps but by abiding to encounter mechanics, like....not stand in fire and generally not be a tool? Like...your class might have 2% less dps under perfect conditions (whack a target dummy) but if your class has 2% MORE dps and you are dead because...you suck...well..tough titties?

What is optimal dps? Are you in a world first guild thinking how to win the race? I really think in a competitive environment, staying alive, knowing the fight, executing it flawlessly comes first. If you are in a position where class and specc stacking per fight is a problem...I guess then it has always been a problem. There have been better speccs in certain fights for eternity. You may call that incompetent design...but if you can pull of 36 speccs equal down to the dot, I guess you are a genius and should be making money in game design.
    30-40% difference is more than "smaller difference" also if you raid in a proper guild your DPS and not being a tool standing in fire are expected to be present. If you can avoid every fire but you do 0 dps.. you are not that great asset.

Hardcore raiders will grind, everyone else shouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    If you will take a demonology artifact and DPS in affliction nothing from that weapon gives you any benefit... so this isn't really a viable option. All you get is 0.75% of Stamina per unlock. You need to grind the weapon for each spec to do optimal DPS.
    Aren't artifacts tied to the specc, so you can't just "take the demo artifact and use it for afflication" because you cannot equip it?

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    Aren't artifacts tied to the specc, so you can't just "take the demo artifact and use it for afflication" because you cannot equip it?
    That is correct, you cannot even equip it. You need to unlock the version for this spec.

Knowing Blizzard, they won't. You should expect that after the answer given as to why they nerfed Demo so hard in the HFC patch and I quote Watcher "Its time Demo is at the bottom".

just pray you get lucky and didn't choose the inevitable garbage spec every single class winds up with.

Fury doing 40% more damage for the first tier? Sucks that you rolled Arms, better luck next time in a few months.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    You can't equip a demonology artifact as affliction spec, all artifacts are locked to the spec.

However you will acquire AP faster when it's a secondary artifact.

Though selected your spec well, you can always swap to something else at 102 in your order halls.

-

Also as of right now nothing is balanced and won't be balanced until all raid testing is done and then they will still do most balancing in the first week that raiding opens up, the usual. Specs in wod were all very close on single target, it remained the same until classes got their legendary ring, which over-inflated a lot of specific classes with high APM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    I think the expectation is that you pick one spec and stay with it, not swap specs for every fight like now. If--and that's a big if--they manage to balance the specs properly that won't be a problem. If not... *shrugs*
    Wich would be absolutely outrageous, as that would be the first time ever such a state would occur. I have never, and will never, be a slave to a single spec.

What i fear for, is that off-specs and alts will be something exclusive to hardcore players, and not something casual players will be doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Youg get it indeed and 1 research last 5 days
    So te catch up works as intended in long term (after 50 days you will get alot of AP) but i point the first few weeks of the release we will get hotfixes for sure and if some spec is ok for raid in day 12 that can be easly changed till raid comes and what you will do then ??
    Keep in mind raid balancing will be a lot easier now pvp and pve is seperated. it won't be perfect of course, but unless you are going to play high end mythic, every spec is fine.

And if you are gonna be doing mythic you probably will want to be lvling up all your artifacts asap anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    Keep in mind raid balancing will be a lot easier now pvp and pve is seperated. it won't be perfect of course, but unless you are going to play high end mythic, every spec is fine.

And if you are gonna be doing mythic you probably will want to be lvling up all your artifacts asap anyway
    What if i want to raid mythic, have the skills for it, but cannot play 10 hours a day? Just suck it up and be horribly bored doing heroic?

This worries me alot... My best bet would be that Im going for a class that only has one dps specc. My plans are DH, my god i hope they are enjoyable enough to keep up being main for an expansion.

1. You gain a benefit to your leveling speed of other artifacts.

2. The point of the system is exactly what you said. Not to force people into gimped specs, but to have your spec choice feel like a real choice instead of just jumping to the strongest spec each patch. They're likely going to be way more careful with making sure each spec is at least competitive with others because of that.

For the longest time, people have been rerolling to the current highest simulated DPS spec and this new system is a clear, intentional way to avoid that kind of activity. As long as one spec isn't objectively worse in every way, there should be reasons to play one over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    1. You gain a benefit to your leveling speed of other artifacts.

2. The point of the system is exactly what you said. Not to force people into gimped specs, but to have your spec choice feel like a real choice instead of just jumping to the strongest spec each patch. They're likely going to be way more careful with making sure each spec is at least competitive with others because of that.

For the longest time, people have been rerolling to the current highest simulated DPS spec and this new system is a clear, intentional way to avoid that kind of activity. As long as one spec isn't objectively worse in every way, there should be reasons to play one over the other.
    Well, that's just the reality. One spec will be measurably the worst and the margin is rather large for certain specs and classes. This has been the case since forever. One spec WILL be the worst and it's going to suck being locked into that spec if you have to regrind your artifact instead of just simply switching specs and re-enchanting. Every single expansion screws up specs, despite mountain of feedback during alpha and beta, so pretending like Legion will be any different is just foolish.

Hopefully the speed at which you build a second and third artifact is 10X the speed it took the first.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is optimal dps? Are you in a world first guild thinking how to win the race? I really think in a competitive environment, staying alive, knowing the fight, executing it flawlessly comes first.
    There are DPS bars. If yours is the shortest of your class pool, expect a bench. If you get to warm a bench because you didnt win artifact/spec lottery, then there is a problem.

This is a legitimate concern because Blizzard said they don't want people having 2 maxed out Artifacts and that you will have to seriously work for it. If specs are not within 5% of eachother then people are going to fucking rage.
    right mages are like 30% ahead of other dps specs, lets rage about 5% /trollface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Wich would be absolutely outrageous, as that would be the first time ever such a state would occur. I have never, and will never, be a slave to a single spec.

What i fear for, is that off-specs and alts will be something exclusive to hardcore players, and not something casual players will be doing.
    You don't have to be a slave to a single spec. It just takes more effort to maximize off-specs in Legion than it does now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    right mages are like 30% ahead of other dps specs, lets rage about 5% /trollface.
    No one is talking about the current shitstorm.

Also, its only ARCANE mages that are that far ahead, thus proving our case even more.

Jesus some people are dense.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to be a slave to a single spec. It just takes more effort to maximize off-specs in Legion than it does now.
    which is fucking stupid. God forbid players good at all their specs be rewarded for being good at the game/class. Fuck those players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    No one is talking about the current shitstorm.

Also, its only ARCANE mages that are that far ahead, thus proving our case even more.

Jesus some people are dense.
    yeh ok our fire mage(also our arcane mage) just destroys everyone on archimonde mythic, because we're all bad not because mages are massively OP.

edit: nvm you play lock and mage your opinion is the view of someone who's been overpowered for 2 expansions 4 years now, you wouldn't know balance if you we're jumped by 5 boomkins.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2016-05-15 at 11:54 PM.

Wich means i'll be a slave to a single spec unless i can magically conjure up more hours to spend on playing them game, only to repeat what i have already done just for the sake of spending more time on it... The more i talk about it the less sense it actually makes.