Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I tend to skip over narrative heavy things without much in the way of substance. If there's nothing to check up on, and nothing to verify, I can't very well use it for anything. These people describe phenomena that are the opposite of my experience and provide only an emotional state as their mode of persuasion. That's not really useful to me.
    You can easily verify. Look at the bottom. Go to the social media sites of Clinton superdelegates and compare them to the same sites for Sanders delegates.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    You can easily verify. Look at the bottom. Go to the social media sites of Clinton superdelegates and compare them to the same sites for Sanders delegates.
    Isn't comparing the two meaningless given the youth vote heavily skews Sanders?

I randomly checked a dozen and they're all pretty clean discussions about political platform things GIbill, hurricane preparedness, restoring voter rights to felons, normal stuff. The only oddball was Allison Tant's weird anti Trump obsession, everyone else seems to be working on existing issues. I could go on checking but it's fairly boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I have not seen one Hillary poster or bumper sticker here. This is Ground Zero for Bernie's campaign.

Stop spouting ignorance.
    Yeah and that logic has won them so many states.

I remember in PA and NY "I haven't seen a hillary bumper sticker or sign!!!! #feelthebern!", and in ohio, and michigan and many states on bernie sanders reddit the posters posted that.

Sure he won Michigan but 2 pts...

Point being, your anecdotal evidence of what you see has been proven wrong before.

I will say he can win Oregon, but he won't win it by 30-40 points. But come tuesday night when results come in, please show us when he wins it by 30-40 points, and when he doesn't I will say you were wrong, and that you are still losing, and that bernie sanders is -over-.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The DNC may well have fucked itself this election. Either that or they know its rigged and don't care.
    HOW IS HER WINNING THE CAUCUS, AND GETTING MORE DELEGATES RIGGED?!

SERIOUSLY TELL ME???

Tell me with a STRAIGHT FACE, that her winning more votes in an election, that he should get MORE delegates than the winner. How the fuck does that make sense? How is that FRAUD?

What kind of drugs are some of you on? Do you read what you type? Hear what you say? Like seriously.

You guys literally want to over-turn the will of the people left and right, and claim it's democracy, the hypocrisy is REAL with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Well, generally if something is rigged the person wins. I'm not entirely sure how else to respond to this sort of thinking.

"How could he win if he was cheating the whole time?"

I just don't get it.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post

SERIOUSLY TELL ME???

Tell me with a STRAIGHT FACE, that her winning more votes in an election, that he should get MORE delegates than the winner. How the fuck does that make sense? How is that FRAUD?

What kind of drugs are some of you on? Do you read what you type? Hear what you say? Like seriously.

You guys literally want to over-turn the will of the people left and right, and claim it's democracy, the hypocrisy is REAL with you guys.
    I never said she did or didn't, I am commenting that the optics are bad, the DNC is acting arrogant and they are driving a wedge between themselves and that youth vote that was supposed to naturally feed into the party.

I ask you to quote me saying she rigged anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

DNC is definitely in meltdown mode trying to salvage their damaged candidate while the GOP went with their popular candidate. I can see where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Isn't comparing the two meaningless given the youth vote heavily skews Sanders?
    It isn't like Clinton supporters don't use Facebook. Anyone who has endorse Hillary (especially in a state that went to Sanders) is getting slammed by Sanders supporters bitching about their decision even months after the primary. You don't see anything close when roles are reversed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I randomly checked a dozen and they're all pretty clean discussions about political platform things GIbill, hurricane preparedness, restoring voter rights to felons, normal stuff. The only oddball was Allison Tant's weird anti Trump obsession, everyone else seems to be working on existing issues. I could go on checking but it's fairly boring.
    Wondering how random that sample was. Any state Sanders won where a superdelegate supports Clinton is getting slammed. There is a reason Jon Favreau talking to Chuck Todd on his podcast says they don't know which side has more vitriol Sanders or Trump. There is a reason the Daily Show ran an entire bit about the entire network being afraid of what the Sanders supporters will do if Noah says something bad about Bernie. There is a reason last Friday Rachel Maddow signed off her "debunktion junction" segment that explained Sanders is further behind after his W.V. "win" with, "don't get mad Sanders supporters, it is just math. Who am I kidding, you are going to be mad. Rachel@msnbc.com."

Wondering how random that sample was. Any state Sanders won where a superdelegate supports Clinton is getting slammed.
    Working as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Working as intended?
    Fine. But don't give me that shit that Sanders supporters are being cordial. Sanders created this situation by claiming anyone who is against him is corrupt and evil. How the hell did he think his supporters would react? When you paint yourself as morally superior to everyone you are running against, some supporters will believe they are in the right to call people names, disrupt rallies to the point of shutting them down and every other tactic that has lowered the level of discourse.

Fine. But don't give me that shit that Sanders supporters are being cordial. Sanders created this situation by claiming anyone who is against him is corrupt and evil. How the hell did he think his supporters would react? When you paint yourself as morally superior to everyone you are running against, some supporters will believe they are in the right to call people names, disrupt rallies to the point of shutting them down and every other tactic that has lowered the level of discourse.
    What a load of horse shit. Any politician catching flak for supporting big donations over the populace they supposedly represent is 100% warranted. If some social media harassment is the worst they end up getting for selling out their position of authority to the highest bidder, they should consider themselves really god damn lucky. I'm sure they do.

Every day until the pitchforks come out.

It isn't like Clinton supporters don't use Facebook. Anyone who has endorse Hillary (especially in a state that went to Sanders) is getting slammed by Sanders supporters bitching about their decision even months after the primary. You don't see anything close when roles are reversed.
    If by close, you mean as frequent then again, higher social media participation among the young who favour Sanders explains that. If you mean the same level of vitriol and nastiness;

http://usuncut.com/politics/bernie-f...roups-trolled/

What a load of horse shit. Any politician catching flak for supporting big donations over the populace they supposedly represent is 100% warranted. If some social media harassment is the worst they end up getting for selling out their position of authority to the highest bidder, they should consider themselves really god damn lucky. I'm sure they do.

Every day until the pitchforks come out.
    So how do you call it horseshit and then say the treatment is well deserved in the next sentence?

So how do you call it horseshit and then say the treatment is well deserved in the next sentence?
    Your whining that superdelegates need "safe space" on facebook is what I'm calling horse shit on.

This is what your "democracy" looks like. The entire world is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    If by close, you mean as frequent then again, higher social media participation among the young who favour Sanders explains that. If you mean the same level of vitriol and nastiness;
    http://usuncut.com/politics/bernie-f...roups-trolled/
    There are obviously shitheads on both sides. But no, I mean it in both sense. More wide spread and more vitriolic. Hell Elizabeth Warren is getting shit from Sanders supporters too because she refuses to endorse.

More like laughing their collective heads off. Laughing out of fear and also about how fucked up your so called democratic system is.

Vote Trump = start a war and build a wall.
    Vote Hillary = sell what liberties you have left to big business and ours also if that ffing trade thing becomes reality.
    Vote Bernie = Rest of the world relaxes takes a breather for the next for years and you may also be better of well at least not worse then today.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    More like laughing their collective heads off. Laughing out of fear and also about how fucked up your so called democratic system is.

Vote Hillary = sell what liberties you have left to big business and ours also if that ffing trade thing becomes reality.
    Vote Bernie = Rest of the world relaxes takes a breather for the next for years and you may also be better of well at least not worse then today.
    Presidents don't matter that much.

Your whining that superdelegates need "safe space" on facebook is what I'm calling horse shit on.

I never said they needed a safe space. Just because you have a right to call someone names doesn't mean that it is preferred behavior. I don't get what is so difficult to understand here.

Am I supposed to feel bad that police offered protection to the people running the caucus. Maybe if Sanders supporters didn't orgasm over the idea of narrowly winning Nevada when the precinct delegate count flipped, they would've gone in with more realistic expectations. Clinton had more supporters there by every count. The rule votes you guys are bitching about needed a simple majority and more Clinton delegates means they will likely win any simple majority votes. You don't get to win a voice vote by simply shouting louder. Anyone who thinks this sort of behavior is unique to this election and that it is somehow to stop Sanders (as if the 4 delegate swing is going to have any impact on the nearly 300 delegate lead) is clueless. Caucuses are ALWAYS a shit show. This stuff ALWAYS happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post

Does the world think poorly of Obama? Hillary is more liberal than Obama in every sense of the word.

There are obviously shitheads on both sides. But no, I mean it in both sense. More wide spread and more vitriolic. Hell Elizabeth Warren is getting shit from Sanders supporters too because she refuses to endorse.
    Widespread, sure, given generational breakdown and social media participation rates. More vitriolic? I'm not so sure;

In the end I don't care how vitriolic either side is, as long as they're not the majority of their supporters, which is true of both Bernie and Hillary. This overblown focus on BernieBros is just going to make Sanders supporters feel embattled and play into their sense of grievance. Especially when it's made to seem like all the abuse comes from one side when both sides do it (and in Hillary's case there have been quite prominent people doing it, like Watson or Albrite, who are more influential than some randos on the internet).
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-05-16 at 01:23 AM.

Wondering how random that sample was.
    Mostly. I just googled the list and then selected a bunch of the names of people highlighted for Clinton and went to their various social media places. I didn't roll dice or anything.
    Any state Sanders won where a superdelegate supports Clinton is getting slammed. There is a reason Jon Favreau talking to Chuck Todd on his podcast says they don't know which side has more vitriol Sanders or Trump. There is a reason the Daily Show ran an entire bit about the entire network being afraid of what the Sanders supporters will do if Noah says something bad about Bernie. There is a reason last Friday Rachel Maddow signed off her "debunktion junction" segment that explained Sanders is further behind after his W.V. "win" with, "don't get mad Sanders supporters, it is just math. Who am I kidding, you are going to be mad. Rachel@msnbc.com."
    You have people running segments on how they can't run segments on Sanders supporters or they'll get mad? So, did they run those segments or not?