Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Meh. Blizzard. First and foremost I play World of Warcraft. That's been in decline, and whether or not it has to do with these new titles being worked on, I'm unhappy with Blizzard on the sole basis that WoW has worsened. I've stopped buying into their new title hype. I can see where these people come from, but doing anything more than just not purchasing it is wasting your time whining...

Let's see, they've lit WoW slip into a less then mediocre joke. And the only games they've produced have been a Magic ripoff, and Dota/LoL ripoff, and now a TF ripoff. All three of those games being very simplistic in design in order to milk their players for as much as possible.

Put this in addition to turning a blind eye to things like multiboxing, adding things like instant 90s/100s, and generally just not giving a shit about the playerbase.

Sorry, Bliz is going down the drain. I've been giving them support in hopes of a change but it's obvious they've lost any soul. I hope their newer games fail not out of spite of Bliz, but because those kind of games are plaguing the gaming industry right now. They're essentially console or mobile games for PC.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-05-16 at 05:12 AM.

I would say that part of the reason is because for the better part of a decade, Blizzard has been mainly profiting off of the devotion of the WoW player base. It was their main source of profit, but now they are diversifying while simultaneously delivering the worst gaming experience WoW has ever offered, so it feels like a bit of a betrayal to be honest. I mean, Blizzard wouldn't be where it is today without the support WoW has gotten over the years, but it feels like they're just ditching that player base in order to make themselves more appealing to investors by diversifying their assets so that they look less risky as a company.

P.S.
    I'm not one of the people who have hoped for their other games to fail. I personally like their other games, but I do understand the sentiment that a lot of WoW players have with how Blizzard handled WoD while rushing out 2 or 3 different games within the course of that one said expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    I assume they see it as a blow against their community. The problem Blizzard has right now is that with so many great games they've made it harder to find and build communities. If I was blizzard I'd really look into building a cross game guild system. With the right privacy controls I can see this being a very healthy for the Blizzard community as a whole.
    Well battle.net friends list could be considered somesort of cross game guild in a sense. An actual guild system would too complicated and too expensive for what it would bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Let's see, they've lit WoW slip into a less then mediocre joke. And the only games they've produced have been a Magic ripoff, and Dota/LoL ripoff, and now a TF ripoff. All three of those games being very simplistic in design in order to milk their players for as much as possible.

Put this in addition to turning a blind eye to things like multiboxing, adding things like instant 90s/100s, and generally just not giving a shit about the playerbase.

Sorry, Bliz is going down the drain. I've been giving them support in hopes of a change but it's obvious they've lost any soul. I hope their newer games fail not out of spite of Bliz, but because those kind of games are plaguing the gaming industry right now. They're essentially console or mobile games for PC.
    And Dota 2/Lol are ripoffs of the custom game for wc3 which is a ripoff of a sc1 custom map by logic. Also are all card games a ripoff of Magic then?. WoW is in a shit state atm don't get me wrong but why not expand into popular genres such as Moba and FPS when there is money to be made from it? Every game of the friggin Moba genre is the same today because it's proven that it works. And yes it is spite when you hope a game fails because you don't like the direction a company is going no matter how you look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    I would say that part of the reason is because for the better part of a decade, Blizzard has been mainly profiting off of the devotion of the WoW player base. It was their main source of profit, but now they are diversifying while simultaneously delivering the worst gaming experience WoW has ever offered, so it feels like a bit of a betrayal to be honest. I mean, Blizzard wouldn't be where it is today without the support WoW has gotten over the years, but it feels like they're just ditching that player base in order to make themselves more appealing to investors by diversifying their assets so that they look less risky as a company.

P.S.
    I'm not one of the people who have hoped for their other games to fail. I personally like their other games, but I do understand the sentiment that a lot of WoW players have with how Blizzard handled WoD while rushing out 2 or 3 different games within the course of that one said expansion.
    WoD was a disgrace. The whole xpac was just a mess of indecisiveness.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-16 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And Dota 2/Lol are ripoffs of the custom game for wc3 which is a ripoff of a sc1 custom map by logic. Also are all card games a ripoff of Magic then?. WoW is in a shit state atm don't get me wrong but why not expand into popular genres such as Moba and FPS when there is money to be made from it? Every game of the friggin Moba genre is the same today because it's proven that it works. And yes it is spite when you hope a game fails because you don't like the direction a company is going no matter how you look at it.
    The point was less about their idea for it and more that their only intention was to get their grubby little mits into that genre because they know it's an easy paycheck.

The point was less about their idea for it and more that their only intention was to get their grubby little mits into that genre because they know it's an easy paycheck.
    No shit. The genres are successful and profitable as they have proven for them. Until someone reinvents the wheel for the 3 genres it will be profitable depending on who does it. Also Hearthstone has millions of players and a good profit margin so the game is a success whether you hate it or not. Heroes again like I said if that is a ripoff then so are LoL and Dota 2. As for Overwatch well we will have to see about that on release day because yes nearly 10 million were on open beta but the question is how many were early access(paid for it)? But I want to ask you if you were choosing for them to branch out into 3 other genres what would you pick for them personally?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-16 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I wish I could get into FF14. Just not a fan of that weeb stuff.
    LOL, FF14 isn't weeb shit, its a damn good western style MMO developed by an extremely competent eastern team. Most Korean MMOs feature loads "weeb shit" however.

Because Blizzards new titles are money-grabbing pieces of polished manure.
    I don't blow $400+ and 100s of hours on shitty games, bro. Blizzard has rarely made a game I didn't like since 1994 and I'm highly critical of their WoW decisions that do in fact get made by the WoW dev team itself. Focusing mainly on raids without everything else barely having any presence and substance is what causes these 9-14 month long content droughts because they went all in on stuff that takes 6+ months to develop and hoped for the best. They experimented in MoP and WoD was just the tipping point and what you're seeing in Legion is a reaction to what didn't work for retaining subscribers for longer periods of time.

I personally quit because they took 10-man hardmode away from me and the three guilds I was in fell apart all in WoD as a result, and not following through on their promise of adding new dungeon content throughout the expansion. I now play an MMO that deals out its raid content in a more intelligent manner along with dungeons and doesn't pander to the raider minority to the point of upsetting the majority of your players.

Now I'm contemplating coming back to WoW in Legion because of the plethora of non-raid content that they seem to be focusing on along with the progressively harder dungeon system. If they fuck Legion up though, I probably won't touch the game ever again unless they can pull golden rabbits out of their asses.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Hasn't that been the video game industry as a whole? I mean you have that ONE or TWO games every five years that comes out that just blows peoples minds, but even than most of those games are built upon a certain genre. Every developer and publisher is looking to perfect a genre and out perform the others. Some do, some don't that's just part of how the industry works.

And what pisses me off beyond everything is people wanted a Warcraft 4 instead of seeing them do a new IP. That right there proves of people wanting more of the same. (Which I don't mind since I love strategy games, but you know damn well if they would have announced it people would have pissed and moaned about it being more of the same and call Blizzard lazy for not doing anything new.)
    Last edited by Roamingstorm; 2016-05-16 at 08:33 AM.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Personally, I don't find their new games original or interesting. They seem like bland, uninspired titles that offers nothing new.