Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    She appeared to be completely surrounded in flames.
    Right, but the point does kinda remain. These guys weren't easily cowed. And nobody tried anything at all. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So I have a question. Why did the fire act like it was eating up gasoline in that final scene? I mean if some simple braziers could be knocked over accidentally and burn down their buildings THAT quickly...umm why the fuck would they have them set up in a way where them being tipped over would actually be close enough to catch anything on fire.

I'm going to assume that someone got there first and set up the room with something to help the fire spread? Otherwise it just looked really strange to me.
    I assumed that the girl she had befriended and her had put some kind of accelerant on the floor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Right, but the point does kinda remain. These guys weren't easily cowed. And nobody tried anything at all. o.O
    Maybe they were so shocked that a midget woman was setting them on fire that they didn't know what to do? >.>
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I assumed that the girl she had befriended and her had put some kind of accelerant on the floor.
    Yeah that is my guess, so maybe it caused them to panic. But once they tried the door they just turned around and like...gave up?

10+ Year Old Account
    She appeared to be completely surrounded in flames.
    Yeah if the door wasn't completely sealed I'd agree that dashing into a bit more fire would be crazy, but you're going to be burned anyways might as well get some gratification before you burn up right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that is my guess, so maybe it caused them to panic. But once they tried the door they just turned around and like...gave up?
    I thought that one khal guy was gonna make an attempt, but then she just tipped the last brazier over and it was goodbye sonny.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    But this is not the books. This is the show.

In the books she's not immune to fire, and Robb's wife is still alive, and his mom got rezzed, and Stannis is still alive, and a whole other load of other shit went down differently.

This is not the books. The sooner people understand that, the sooner we can leave all this pointless bickering behind us.
    This is the thread that has book discussion. Welcome.

Now that the shock of that final scene has worn off, time to do what I do best..... NIT-PICK!!!!!!!!!!! =D

1: That was an incredibly risky plan by Dany. Sure, it paid off big time, but she took a rather HUUUUUUGE risk with it. She just locked herself in a large wooden building that she then set on fire (BTW, I'm amazed at how quickly that fire spread. Dothraki paint their tents with kerosene?). At several points we see the roof collapsing, and wooden beams falling onto fleeing Khals crushing them to death. She's immune to fire, but not to crushing (presumably). What if the building collapsed on her head before the doors caved in? She was smart by staying in the middle (Thus avoiding the initial falling rubble) since those buildings had a hole in the center but as she was walking out, she could have been crushed to death if even one of those beams fell on her.

And then she just stands there in the archway which is still on fire =/ sure, she looked like a badass, but that thing could have collapsed at any moment, ruining her otherwise spectacularly badass moment. I get that she was trying to impress the dothraki into submission, but that's harder to pull off if you're crushed by a wooden building that will fall apart at any moment.

2: I guess there IS an inconsistency here. More than one actually. When dany strides out of the fire, naked like a baby without giving a fuck, she's not covered in ashes like in season 1. And more importantly, while the tattered rags she was wearing got burnt, for a few seconds the camera pans behind her head...... and she's wearing a braided pony-tail.

Let that sink in for a minute. A ponytail. That she tied with a piece of string. IF her dress burnt off, why didn't the pony-tail string suffer the same fate? Extremely minor nit-picking I know, and on the whole, it doesn't bother me that much, but I just couldn't help but pointing it out.

3: I really would like to know how they managed to kill the two guards outside to bar the door, without making a sound. I know Jorah and Daario are badasses, and one of them even snuck a weapon in, but still, nobody saw anything? nobody heard anything?

Asides from that minor nit-picking, I loooooooved this episode. And must ponder what are Dany's next plan? Consider for a moment that Khal Drogo commanded an army of a hundred thousand warriors, the largest khalasar seen so far, and everyone was scared shitless of him. The entirety of Westeros saw him as this boogieman that would come to rape pillage and plunder. Now imagine how them, and everyone else, is gonna shit their pants, knowing that Dany not only has 3 dragons at her disposal, but the entirety of the Dothraki people under her command. There must be hundreds of thousands of them. And they all more or less revere her as some sort of goddess now.

Things are gonna get interesting.

I also must imagine what horrible fate she's got planned for the Masters of Slaver's Bay, now that all the Khalasars are hers. The implications of this chapter are HUGE.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can say whatever you want. But someone saying "this cannot happen in the show because it didn't happen in the books" is, quite frankly, stupid. And that will be pointed out every time.

The books are not the show.
    The show is not the books.

Things can and will happen in the show that do not happen in the books. And anyone who wants to run around screaming that THIS CAN'T HAPPEN BECAUSE THE BOOKS SAY SOMETHING ELSE is a blithering idiot.
    I think it's more along the lines of "It's not as good and here's why".

Okay and which chapter of the book did they air on TV last night? Oh it wasn't the book. My bad.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they were so shocked that a midget woman was setting them on fire that they didn't know what to do? >.>
    They already knew she had dragons. They weren't exactly unaware. And these are battle hardened Khals. I'm not sure shock really is a good enough explanation. >.>

and you're more than welcome to debate whether or not she has fire immunity in the books. My post was aimed at the show. I was surprised there was any debate on whether or not she had immunity to fire IN THE SHOW, because IN THE SHOW, she displayed zero weaknesses to either fire, or heat in general. No amount of book lore is gonna change that.

I think its important to keep the two separated. You don't see show fans debating on whether or not Robb's son is gonna get revenge for his dad one day. Because in the show, he's fucking dead, even if in the books he's still alive.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay and which chapter of the book did they air on TV last night? Oh it wasn't the book. My bad.
    Actually they've just made it to book 4 in some cases. Stop with the snark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more along the lines of "It's not as good and here's why".
    Obviously we're reading different threads, or you're just ignoring what people said. But, whatevs. ¯\(°_o)/¯

They already knew she had dragons. They weren't exactly unaware. And these are battle hardened Khals. I'm not sure shock really is a good enough explanation. >.>
    Actually, they "knew" she had dragons. They didn't seem concerned about them at all. I don't think they really believed she did. They seemed to be of the opinion that she was just making all that shit up.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    and you're more than welcome to debate whether or not she has fire immunity in the books. My post was aimed at the show. I was surprised there was any debate on whether or not she had immunity to fire IN THE SHOW, because IN THE SHOW, she displayed zero weaknesses to either fire, or heat in general. No amount of book lore is gonna change that.

I think its important to keep the two separated. You don't see show fans debating on whether or not Robb's son is gonna get revenge for his dad one day. Because in the show, he's fucking dead, even if in the books he's still alive.
    Eh. I mean there's a whisper. But there's very little chance of that given Mrs. Spicer's moon tea rampage. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    People are allowed to be snarky, Sooba.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I finished the books, but are they holding back on releasing the next one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    I finished the books, but are they holding back on releasing the next one?
    I don't believe Martin is finished with it.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously we're reading different threads, or you're just ignoring what people said. But, whatevs. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Actually, they "knew" she had dragons. They didn't seem concerned about them at all. I don't think they really believed she did. They seemed to be of the opinion that she was just making all that shit up.
    Sorry, but that's a bit rich coming from someone who had to be told (twice) when I was responding to someone else. :P

And I didn't get that sense at all. They laughed at her sure. But I don't think they were necessarily dismissing that fact out of hand. It was common knowledge in that region of the world by that point.

I feel like the snark is warranted until you get the point that I and Derah (and others) are making. These are NOT the books being played out word for word. Dany being immune to fire is NOT in the books and trying to show how things happened in the books is irrelevant when discussing the episode we watched. Yes the books are different, we get it. Instead of discussing how the episode played out and referencing the books, people are trying to use it as the Almighty Bible of all things GoT and explain why X and Y couldn't happen.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are allowed to be snarky, Sooba.

Sorry, had to.