Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Does anyone just pvp just to pvp?

A lot of people care about titles, mounts, achievements, ranking ect but I've never cared. I feel like there's something mentally wrong with me when most other people have goals in this game and I never have. I have played this game solely just to kill things, whether its pve monsters or real people.

Deleted
    90% of my play time is doing random BGs just for fun. Winning is nice but so is farming kills.

I feel ya. But Wow pvp is pretty bland, there's no real incentive to participate in it. No REAL reward. Pvp gear needs to be lootable. Period. Do that, and the REAL pvp base will emerge after the casuals run away. Risk vs Reward is what makes real pvp so fun. Ask anyone who played UO or EVE online. Otherwise its just the pve grind vs humans.

Since I'm pretty bad at pvp, I usually just do it to do it. But occasionally I'll do it for the weekend quest.

Most of my pvp is spamming random BGs, stopped doing it when hordies devolved to cancerous levels in WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

PvP is my default way of leveling, slower but more fun. At max I don't pvp much, sometimes just for the heck of it.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't pushed for rating or anything in years. I just get gear as I go and do a few BGs each day. I don't really care about the rewards. I just enjoy running in, smashing people, and taking objectives.

I used to. Bots were so rampant towards the end of Cata and in all of MoP that it turned me off from bgs though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Yes. I suck at high rated arenas, I don't do rbgs because no one invites people without a 2k rating which I don't have because I suck at high rated arena. But I know my 1v1 pretty damn well, which is all I do between raids in the wpvp-rich zones. I pvp because I want to smash hordies, I even have Kill Shot addon that does an emote (I usually do a random between /giggle, /pity, /lol and /violin) and says something in /s (which I got like a random selection of 20 sayings such as "What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SLAP!", "The Wrynns send their regards" and ""For the Horde!" Ahahahahahaha"" but always something in-character and no swears).

My usual wpvp activity is spanking bullies in Hellfire Peninsula. I don't even have to look for action, the hordies come to Honor Hold to get spanked, all by themselves.

I love this kind of pvp and I always play classes and specs that can handle 1v1 very well, except feral druid - only thing I will never play.

I don't do random bgs that often because there is a very little challenge as most are just noobs and undergeared, mostly undergeared which I just 3 shot.

Deleted
    I pvp just for fun. Same goes for organized wpvp - it has no goal but having fun with my guildies - it dosnt give any title, mount or anything - not even honor that is worth the time and effort.

However the prestige system in Legion makes me want to hit max prestige...
    Throughout WOD I have stayed conquest capped - toke no effort, and even after being capped I did a lot of pvp just for run. In Legion that cap dosnt exists - so reaching max / cap dosnt necessary exist as we can reset and gain prestige just a way to show off how much pvp we have done, and I like that idea

Yeah I sometimes PvP when I either want some transmog that costs honor or when I'm in the mood for a BG and feel like vsing other people for fun.

i know i repeat myself over the years, but there is no reason our BG system cant be a fun pvp system thats similar to smite and COD.....we need changes like :

1. Be able to blacklist more PVP maps, please give us the ability to blacklist at least 3 !!

2. Bring back old AV, make it a separate pvp button, change it and improve it, burn towers, tough bosses, rebuild towers and summon big bosses. Long fights, great honor for timespent and pve missions finished

3. Make a epic pvp battle button, move av, isle of conquest and strands to this button, make it big battles and long battles. PVE style for those of us who like pve/pvp type battlegrounds. Who knows, move winter grasp and tol barad in there too!!!!

4. cool ideas and fun powers that are hidden around. Its bgs, they are not that important anyways, they not arenas or rated bgs so losen the rules a bit!

5. put a sewer in some of the maps to make cool sneaky sneaky ways to get places

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only PvP to get something out of it such as the weekly quest or when I need to gear a new character.

Luckily both of these coincided this weekend and I fully geared my fresh hunter in honour gear. It took a long time though due to how bad Horde are in my battlegroup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    A lot of people care about titles, mounts, achievements, ranking ect but I've never cared. I feel like there's something mentally wrong with me when most other people have goals in this game and I never have. I have played this game solely just to kill things, whether its pve monsters or real people.
    Atleast thats how i play my random bg's, im that annoying guy in the middle of WSG chasing down anything that comes in my way while ignoring the flag unless its convenient for me because the flag carrier is in my perimeter.

I used to care for high rating in arena earlier on during BC/Wrath and some of early of Cata, but honestly after Cata i only push high rating arena if i actually like the elite xmog or pvp tabard, other than that i do not have an actual desire to grind high rating but i do enjoy playing with a good team in arena, when games go smooth with 0 mistakes, i really enjoy those games very much (even though it is very hard to find teams like that to play with).
    But i totally understand you when you say you pvp just to pvp, i feel like most people this season just pvp casually because we enjoy pvp and its fun for us, oppose to grinding unbalanced arena, a lot of my arena buddies just pvp casually and waiting for legion, since they do not enjoy arena at its current state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Atleast thats how i play my random bg's, im that annoying guy in the middle of WSG chasing down anything that comes in my way while ignoring the flag unless its convenient for me because the flag carrier is in my perimeter.
    same here and 99% of all the people at this point.

i love just doing random bgs just to kill people i like doing my own thing most of the time so i dont know that im that good on a teammate haha but i have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    I only PvP to get something out of it such as the weekly quest or when I need to gear a new character.

Luckily both of these coincided this weekend and I fully geared my fresh hunter in honour gear. It took a long time though due to how bad Horde are in my battlegroup.
    The Bonus Honor applies in Ashran, too.

You could have been fully geared in Honor gear in Ashran in like 3 hours.

I'll never understand people who need a reward to do something. I have earned a few duelist and gladiator titles, but that was never the reason for participating. I participate because I enjoy the gameplay and the challenge.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I only PvP for fun ... I don't care if I get all the gear or anything like that.
    It is less fun when people don't understand the objective in the PvP zone, but even then unless it is like on of the Capture the flag modes where we just end up spending the entire time waiting for the other flag carrier to do something stupid that is less fun.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I'll never understand people who need a reward to do something. I have earned a few duelist and gladiator titles, but that was never the reason for participating. I participate because I enjoy the gameplay and the challenge.
    Yeah see this is the attitude people need more of.