Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I met people from places I wouldn't have met any other way. For that I appreciate the game. I found enjoyment in the game... for that I appreciate it. As a kid I played soccer, that died as I got older. I took on karate for 3 years... that died. I took on Irish Dance for 8 years and stopped. I don't regret doing any of those things even though they came to an end and the same goes for this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason to play is to experience it with others.

Killing that final boss with your guild, crushing a bg with a friend, or traveling through Azeroth with a loved one. These moments will always be with you not what gear dropped.

Ultimately, time watching tv is wasted. It all depends on what you make of it.

For myself, I've had a positive synergy effect between the game and wow, where I've gained confidence and "status" in the game which has reflected back to work which has reflected back to the game, in a positive cycle. There are a number of studies that show that leadership experience gained in wow (or other similar games) to a certain extent improves people's leadership skills in the real world as well.

But of course, everything is what you make of it, it doesn't -have- to be anything else than a way to spend your time anyway, which is fine by itself. It is at least an interactive way to spend your time, vs entering potato mode in front of the tv.

The friends i've made is not wasted for "after wow dies"

By that logic you can extrapolate to say time spent alive is wasted.
    Don't worry so much about stuff like this.
    As long as you are having fun and aren't hurting others, savor every second you have.
    You never know when things will take a change for the dire.
    Then the time you spent playing games wont seem like such a waste. More like a blessing.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I can't believe we waste energy and time to breathe when we ultimately will die and at the end of the day, we just contributed to entropy and destruction of the living world ...

Joy is in the moment. If you enjoyed the time playing, good for you. You had 400 happy days. Most people will not have that in the entirety of their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that just life in general? Education, Employment, Careers, even food...

What a bleak look on life you have OP.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you will die eventually, so was your existence a waste of time too?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Currently unsubbed but i have 1 char with 24k achievement points and like 400 days played.

I know the "as long as you have fun its all good" applies here, but i cant help but feel i wasted 400 days (24h) = 10.000 hours on a game that will die within the next what, 5 years? Achievements? Gone. Effort? Gone. "reputation"? Non existent.

How do others look at this?
    Personally, I don't really care for the general direction the game has taken. That being said, I can't say that I regret any of it. It would be nearly impossible for me to recall and write out all the good times and fond memories I had in WoW while making friends along the way. Sometimes it isn't just about the destination but the journey itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    News flash. All hobbies are generally a waste of time.

Pretty much even the pyramids were a waste of time because in a million years they will be gone. Time pwns everything. Most human endevours end up being pretty much being useless so playing a video game isnt that big a deal.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Currently unsubbed but i have 1 char with 24k achievement points and like 400 days played.

I know the "as long as you have fun its all good" applies here, but i cant help but feel i wasted 400 days (24h) = 10.000 hours on a game that will die within the next what, 5 years? Achievements? Gone. Effort? Gone. "reputation"? Non existent.

How do others look at this?
    By that rationale, everything is a waste of time; why bother writing the post? You still have memories of what you did, and if you enjoyed what you were doing, was the time really wasted?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

i know its time i could of spent doing other things but i enjoyed playing this game and i still do and yes it will all be gone one day but i will always have the memories

10+ Year Old Account
    I had "waste" more. And feel myself fine.
    Everything is waste of time. Even life itself. You die anyway. So any of you move are useless.

Deleted
    Ultimately, all time spent is wasted.
    Because eventually all of humanity will disappear and nothing any of us have done will survive it.
    Rogue black holes, internal cooling, global warming, heat waves, meteors or even our sun dying. And even then there is heat death to look forward to!
    We make our own meaning in time spent, you can only say how you value the time you have spent yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    If I were you, I'd delete all the characters, never come back. Total waste of time right when it comes down to it, you did it for a reason, so - it's your turn.. Time to man up you batty boy, or continue enjoying the game when you come back lol?

Deleted
    I stopped reading the first post when you said "your reputation" is gone.

You should rename the Thread to "I suddenly realised that noone ever cared about my 24k achievement points". You were obviously playing for the wrong reasons. Make a break and come back with a fresh restart, I do that a lot. Cant play one game forever.

And I think time is never wasted. Because you can decide for yourself how to spend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 400? Heh. I had 400 in Cata. Time spent enjoyed is not wasted. Only when I no longer enjoyed WoW did I feel my time and money were wasted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quh View Post
    I stopped reading the first post when you said "your reputation" is gone.

You should rename the Thread to "I suddenly realised that noone ever cared about my 24k achievement points". You were obviously playing for the wrong reasons. Make a break and come back with a fresh restart, I do that a lot. Cant play one game forever.

And I think time is never wasted. Because you can decide for yourself how to spend it.
    He could mean in-game reps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Only 400? Heh. I had 400 in Cata. Time spent enjoyed is not wasted. Only when I no longer enjoyed WoW did I feel my time and money were wasted.

- - - Updated - - -

He could mean in-game reps?
    Yeah just realised that too. If he did - my bad

Ultimately, life is what you make it. If you have fun it's not wasted.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche