Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    I wish I could have my head blissfully in the clouds like this, by being either purposely ignorant to what this really is, or just having whatever your mental instability problem is. If you can compare drawings of a fictional character to drawings that rationalize/make light of the very real DEATHS of millions of people (lets alone the carnage, rape and destruction of so many other people and places), then I must suggest actually getting back on your pills. I'm sorry if that sounds insulting, and I'm sorry if it's "just cartoons" to you (which once again would just prove my earlier point), but a picture of Mohammed is basically just a picture of Garfield or Homer Simpson....they do not exist.

You can try to drive your point forward more by saying things like "Draw Holocaust cartoons: Omg this is so scary, they are preparing for a second Holocaust" to try and make others who don't think like you seem dumb, but that is really no different than a generic braindead reply of "i dun care about haters, they just give me strength!"...it's a reactionary retort for people who don't care to put any actual thought into a reply.

But hey, whatever, if fictional characters are the same thing as one of the worst tragedies in history to you, then so be it. Keep being edgy, bro.
    Muhammad doesn't exist? Who else doesn't exist, Caesar of the Roman Empire? George Washington of the USA? If I don't like one I could say he never existed, right? In the end, I wasn't there to see them!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
    Maybe Muhammad did not do all the things people say he did, but to say he's invented is going a bit far. You don't like the idea that he existed so you say that he never existed... just like the people saying the world is only 6000 years old and God planted dinosaur bones to test us because they can't accept the reality.

Again, as I said, I find both types of cartoons offensive, but if you're all in favour of full free speech, you should accept even the Holocaust jokes. You can't just shun away things you dislike and laugh at things you like even if hundreads of millions find it offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    You do know history and religion is not the same thing right ?
    Yep.
    But it is still a sensitive topic for a large group of people.
    A group of people that also was at some point killed/prosecuted for their beliefs.
    So I don't see much difference.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me how 6 million jews died in the holocaust, when there were only 450k at the time in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    i bet a lot of Turks would also be very happy, eh?

Most do not give a flying fuck about Jews, really. People are not there to get you. Anyway, holocaust is over. World learned from that terrible event. Time for Jews to quit cryin'.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Can someone tell me how 6 million jews died in the holocaust, when there were only 450k at the time in Germany?
    That's not a serious question, is it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    What about people making fun of the World Trade Center disaster?
    You mean something like this?

LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    That's not a serious question, is it?
    It actually is. If you think it's silly then you should have no trouble explaining things to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    i think you're kinda missing the point.
    i did not say they are not allowed to do or promote whatever they want.
    i have no delusion that we can "fix" Iranian people.

I posted this to show the rest of of you, what kind of people they are, and what they are promoting.
    and of course, there are still the pro-muslims here, that will defend anything done by muslims, no matter how depraved it is.
    these people would not oppose a 2nd jewish holocaust. hell... they would even support it.
    Entries from 60 different countries...

Yeah, let´s paint all iranians as bad people because of a cartoon exhibition, that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

It actually is. If you think it's silly then you should have no trouble explaining things to me.
    So you think World War 2 strictly took place only in Germany's borders and that Germany never entered any other countries during the entire war?

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    It isn't.

Draw Muhammad, anti-Islam or Erdogan cartoons: Yeah go cartoonists! Freedom of speech fuck yeah! Keep insulting them so they learn not be so easily offended! Je suis Charlie!

Draw Holocaust cartoons: Omg this is so scary, they are preparing for a second Holocaust.

P.S: It's not a Holocaust denial cartoon contest, they are making cartoons that compares the suffering by Palestinians at the hand of the Israeli's to the suffering of the jews at the hand of the Nazi's with these cartoons.
    I think the difference are the implications.
    People in the west making Muhammed cartoons implies that many people in the west do not follow the laws of the quran (e.g. you shall not make pictures of the prohet Muhammed).
    Iran celebrating the holocaust implies that they'd like to see jews put into concentration camps.

See the difference ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I think the difference are the implications.
    People in the west making Muhammed cartoons implies that many people in the west do not follow the laws of the quran (e.g. you shall not make pictures of the prohet Muhammed).
    Iran celebrating the holocaust implies that they'd like to see jews put into concentration camps.

See the difference ?
    So much implying...
    http://imgur.com/2RIBxgy

Dont know how to link gifs

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    because watching what the KKK or the Aryan Nation does is somehow equal to what the majority of people think in the west right? and that there is no way we can "fix" americans because of what they are and what they promote. (edited)

alot of the entries were from other countires too, so there's no way to "fix" those people too I guess...what, don't tell me a few anti-zionist cartoonists don't represent the majority of a country's people.
    The government of Iran denies the Holocaust happened. It's not "...a few anti-zionist cartoonists."

Deleted
    So you think World War 2 strictly took place only in Germany's borders and that Germany never entered any other countries during the entire war?
    No? But what has that to do with anything? You do know Germany at the time was the largest residence of Jews in the world? And there were ''only'' 450k of them. Even if you add up French, Austrian and Polish Jews it doesn't come up to one million. Not to emntion the Jews who survived or fled. Do you think other countries of the world shipped all their Jews into Hitlers lap so he can kill them? If yes why sign the Haavara agreement? An agreement where Nazi Germany left Jews to leave for Palestine with their wealth relatively intact? Why did Hitler have about 150k jews in his army?

No? But what has that to do with anything? You do know Germany at the time was the largest residence of Jews in the world? And there were ''only'' 450k of them. Even if you add up French, Austrian and Polish Jews it doesn't come up to one million. Not to emntion the Jews who survived or fled. Do you think other countries of the world shipped all their Jews into Hitlers lap so he can kill them? If yes why sign the Haavara agreement? An agreement where Nazi Germany left Jews to leave for Palestine with their wealth relatively intact? Why did Hitler have about 150k jews in his army?
    -_-

Over 3 million Jews lived in Poland during WW2, with 3 million of them being cremated by the Nazi's. The Holocaust is one of the most documented events in history and you obviously have the internet at your finger tips. What you are saying is willful ignorance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    It isn't.

Draw Muhammad, anti-Islam or Erdogan cartoons: Yeah go cartoonists! Freedom of speech fuck yeah! Keep insulting them so they learn not be so easily offended! Je suis Charlie!

Draw Holocaust cartoons: Omg this is so scary, they are preparing for a second Holocaust.

P.S: It's not a Holocaust denial cartoon contest, they are making cartoons that compares the suffering by Palestinians at the hand of the Israeli's to the suffering of the jews at the hand of the Nazi's with these cartoons.
    Draw Muhammad: Muslims go apeshit, take to the streets, start making threats, possibly act on them
    Draw Holocaust cartoons: Mild outrage in the Jewish communities

Totally comparable guys. Totally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    a picture of Mohammed is basically just a picture of Garfield or Homer Simpson....they do not exist.
    Please don't betray your ignorance on historical accuracy because you choose not to believe in them. Muhammad wasn't some myth, he was a very real historical figure just as much as Lincoln, Gandi, Napoleon, or (insert prominent historical person here).

Also while I agree that the holocaust was a horrific event, you don't get to decide what others hold as value to them and a caricature picture of a person can be as hurtful to them as drawings of a tragic event to others. Then again your post showed a lack of historical education and overwhelming bias since you resorted to nothing but ad-hominem attacks against Lesane for his/her opinion.

Either you condemn both drawings equally or are pro freedom of speech and think both should be fair game for criticism, otherwise you just have double standards.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    -_-

Over 3 million Jews lived in Poland during WW2, with 3 million of them being cremated by the Nazi's. The Holocaust is one of the most documented events in history and you obviously have the internet at your finger tips. What you are saying is willful ignorance.

Hmm, didn't know Poland had 3 mill Jews with 25 mill people. Still, not everybody died. And once again. Why have an agreement which allows Jews to travel from Nazi Germany to Palestine with their wealth? Why did Hitler have 150k Jews in his army? And it is well documented that gas chambers, where Jews were supposedly killed, did not acually exist.
    Last edited by mmoc8e6adafa1d; 2016-05-16 at 10:38 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    And it is well documented that gas chambers, where Jews were supposedly killed, did not acually exist.
    You mean apart from the pictures of them, eyewitness testimony, confessions of camp staff, etc etc.
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-05-16 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You mean apart from the pictures of them, eyewitness testimony, confessions of camp staff, etc etc.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqJBGB5yKTk

No trace of any gas was found. That's a scientific fact. Next you're going to tell me the earth is flat?

Deleted
    Hmm, didn't know Poland had 3 mill Jews with 25 mill people. Still, not everybody died. And once again. Why have an agreement which allows Jews to travel from Nazi Germany to Palestine with their wealth? Why did Hitler have 150k Jews in his army? And it is well documented that gas chambers, where Jews were supposedly killed, did not acually exist.
    Holocaust denial really ought to give you time in prison.