Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills
    Oh and fixing stampede, a 3 min cd that any movement defeats is gonna be useless. stationary bosses aint been a thing since vanilla.
    Assuming they fix the z-axis bugs with it, Stampede is fine. I actually really like the new version. Being defeated by movement is no worse than say the Blademaster's Trinket on live, and we've had no trouble using that trinket to great effect in current raid content. I don't think movement is a huge concern. There will always be times that you can use it.
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity

Which is crazy because IMO they did a great job with the other pet specs. (unholy/ Demo) Right now I would never want to even touch something like the Stomp Talent, but it'd actually be really attractive if I wasn't forced to use Dire Beast on cool-down. That tiny aspect of control would make me so excited for this spec.

In my head we'd always have 2 DB out unless there was a phase in ~10 seconds. I wouldn't even mind having those slow bits. It can be satisfying if the pay off is big enough ala WoD Shadowdance or just Ass rogue in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
    Assuming they fix the z-axis bugs with it, Stampede is fine. I actually really like the new version. Being defeated by movement is no worse than say the Blademaster's Trinket on live, and we've had no trouble using that trinket to great effect in current raid content. I don't think movement is a huge concern. There will always be times that you can use it.
    Blademasters is a 1min trinket, plus its area of effect is fairly large. A 3 min cd shouldnt be location locked like that, especially if you plan for people to actually pick it. Having it be a debuff with an awesome animation is so much better than just a single point charge.

I have to say that for a talent that's supposed to be our big hitter CD, being so easily defeated by relatively small movement with a 3-min CD is a bit harsh. Its use shouldn't be restricted to high-end raiding where you can be certain of your no-movement opportunities. I do love that it actually looks like a stampede now, but I think it should be tweaked to be slightly less punishing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Hope you jokeing. Where is the other classes random shit that can be killed to make them to 33% less damage for 2 min !!?!?
    That debuff is the epitemy of blizzard retardation.
    Nope that is not a joke blizz specificly sayed somewhere in Hunter feedbacks that this debuff is because PvP

Definitely not a joke:

"The 2 minute debuff is almost entirely there for PvP reasons and should have almost no effect in PvE. I do relaize Hati's health is currently abnormally low, it will be fixed to be higher than what it currently is." --Nimox

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743404341#8

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    PvP fucking up PvE again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    I know right, and it's SO easy to make this not a thing. "If flagged PVP and Hait Dies, then maybe add timer" or "If Hati if killed by Player Damage, then maybe add timer" or "If Hati dies, maybe you just need to use rez pet to get if back, just like any other pet, and sod off the stupid timer all together!?!"

Why they can't just link the Pets health together? They have already linked Mend Pet, Dismiss, etc. It's mind boggling how they just can seem to get this right in some fashion.

Also, I don't know any other class that has their artifact damage cut off from use on a 2 minutes debuff due to taking damage, the idea of it is simply ludicrous.

So... lets talk about hunting down the lightning sound file for Hati and deleting it.

That's why I've never used skoll despite all the time spent camping it lol.

It is the worst, I don't know why they would ever create such an annoying/irritating sound loop for something that is that close to your character 24/7 while you play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, I've never heard Skoll make passive noise? I just checked and I guess he does, but the way I have my sound set means I don't hear it. Weird.

If it hasn't changed since MoP - eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11761877479:
    C:\World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Creature\IronDwarf\

IronDwarf_Loop01.ogg
    IronDwarf_Loop01.wav
    IronDwarf_Loop02.ogg
    IronDwarf_Loop02.wav
    IronDwarf_Loop03.ogg
    IronDwarf_Loop03.wav
    Last edited by Adele; 2016-05-13 at 07:30 PM.

I've tried that in Legion beta, still making the annoying sound.

edit: update, I tamed one of the Skoll look-alikes in Vale of Eternal Blossom, tested with and without the IronDwarf_Loop sound files, it does indeed mute them, while Hati still makes the sound, so it is using a different sound loop some where, but I haven't idea what sound files in the thousands in the WoW data files are the annoying Hati ones, WoWhead doesn't have the loop in its NPC database like it does the Skoll wolves.
    Last edited by Charo; 2016-05-14 at 04:21 AM.

While I stopped playing hunter for a while : I think the spec looks great BUT there is something missing. Maybe more charges/another spell. I dunno what but I sure hope for you guys that the dev will finally listen to your feedback. Try twitter aswell as the official forum. As a Shadowpriest, we were quite ignored for a while during the alpha until one of us poked the dev on the Twitter and Celestalon answered and took time talking and answering us about the spec and it worked pretty well in the end.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    I guess it's not fun in pvp either to spend 2 minutes doing subpar damage, especially if you can't control it by using mend pet to heal Hati.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Just give us one valid reason for that. I see none. History is not a reason and works both ways. Less spots for melee works only for top100-200 guilds tbh, so less than 0.1% of the playerbase.

Not to mention, it already happened, so come up with a way to make the melee spec fun, instead of whining and throwing tantrums.
    Reason #1: Have you EVER seen a irl Hunter use a melee weapon on it's prey? There is a reason for that. Prey runs away...

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Reason #1: Have you EVER seen a irl Hunter use a melee weapon on it's prey? There is a reason for that. Prey runs away...
    Geez this useless reason yet again. "irl Hunter" really was he standing next to the gnome, or night elf, blood elf, orc. Dam we see alot of Orcs running around irl. Survival had melee in the beginning and now it has it in the end. just suck it up and move on.

Even if it wasn't already fairly inane to argue for changes based on IRL hunters, I'm pretty sure spears were used in plenty of kinds of traditional hunting. Boar hunting, Spear Fishing, Whaling, Mammoth Hunting =P Basically in a lot of cases where one is hunting "Big game" a spear is plenty common.

You don't like hunter changes. Thats fine, its a valid way to feel, you're not alone, but simply whining on the forums won't get it done since your feedback is empty and has no basis in the game.

Wrong thread (this is about BM), but since you're at it:
    Yes, spears were/are used in RL hunting. But rarely in melee, which was Laravens point.
    I wouldn't mind to have a SV talent that lets it be a ranged spec throwing spears and traps and everything from 35 or 40 yards away. Or have that be default for the spec, since a range dps can opt to do his stuff in melee, but not the other way around.

After playing a bit with the spec, I agree that Chimera shot should be baseline.

Homophobia is so gay.