Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I pre-ordered Legion as soon as it was available. I refunded it two weeks ago. No issues whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylum1 View Post
    Regardless of a time lapse because you do not have a product you can do two things, tell your bank that you got scammed and forcefully get it back or make an email to blizzard demanding the money or face legal action..
    But he has a product. He will get legion when it releases. Just because it hasnt released yet, doesnt mean he doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    That's will be a lesson for you: never buy unfinished product. Developer should earn your money - not grab them as something self-evident.

1) In era of digital distribution developers don't need pre-orders to ship your box in time
    2) Developer of paid game doesn't need pre-orders to increase budget of this game - you pay for it's development via paying sub fee

Conclusion: pre-orders - is just money grab measure, that hurts game, cuz why bother about quality and quantity of content, if customers have already paid for product? Via pre-ordering - you're killing Wow. Yeah, not whiners and haters, who don't like game and ask for changes - but you, fans, who pay for it, no matter what.
    And you are, of course, assuming that everyone shares your opinion on what "quality content" is.

Also, I currently have 4 games pre-ordered, yet no money has been transferred from my account. So tell me more about this "money grabbing".
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-05-16 at 09:58 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Why did you preorder if you had no intention of playing in Legion? Preorder is done only when you're 100% sure you'll be playing then. If you're not sure, you don't preorder. That applies to everything.
    Not for hyped dumb people

Yeah. Quod erat demonstrandum. If there are players, who will enjoy game, no matter what garbage it is, that why bother about quality of the game and making games, that aren't complete garbage? Gaming market is dying, because developers started to cater to so called "whales" - minority of players, who are ready to pay for anything, developers can provide. Therefore games are made smaller and smaller: small game - small expenses, but things, players are ready to pay for, no matter what, becoming more and more expensive, make profit/effort ratio bigger and bigger. In some extreme cases players are ready to pay money literally for air. I don't want Wow to become strictly niche project for 100K of true fans only.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Yeah. Quod erat demonstrandum. If there are players, who will enjoy game, no matter what garbage it is, that why bother about quality of the game and making games, that aren't complete garbage? Gaming market is dying, because developers started to cater to so called "whales" - minority of players, who are ready to pay for anything, developers can provide. Therefore games are made smaller and smaller: small game - small expenses, but things, players are ready to pay for, no matter what, becoming more and more expensive, make profit/effort ratio bigger and bigger. In some extreme cases players are ready to pay money literally for air. I don't want Wow to become strictly niche project for 100K of true fans only.
    Uhm like I said there are many quality games out there still. Your point of "preordering is bad" is fucking idiotic because there are many games with the option to preorder that are or have been successful.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-16 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm like I said there are many quality games out there still. Your point of "preordering is bad" is fucking idiotic because there are many games with the option to preorder that are or have been successful.
    MOP (due to annual pass) and WOD - are probably the best examples of how pre-ordering can hurt the game. Paying in advance - have always been a bad thing in any areas of human life. Defrauded investors, who invested their money into building their houses, and and being robbed by builders. And many more.

I don't have time to talk with you - I have to finish Twilight Highlands on my DK today in order to switch to my Priest. I don't want to level my DKs to 100. I have 8 levels 100s now and it already takes too much time to collect a tribute from 8 Garrisons. More level 100s - and I won't have time to level my alts. And I have just a little more, than month, to play specs, I've never played before - Discipline, Arms and Combat. And you're wasting my time.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-05-16 at 10:16 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

MOP (due to annual pass) and WOD - are probably the best examples of how pre-ordering can hurt the game. Paying in advance - have always been a bad thing in any areas of human life.

I don't have time to talk with you - I have to finish Twilight Highlands on my DK today in order to switch to my Priest. I don't want to level my DKs to 100. I have 8 levels 100s now and it already takes too much time to run 8 Garrisons. More level 100s - and I won't have time to level my alts. And I have just a little more, than month, to play specs, I've never played before - Discipline, Arms and Combat. And you're wasting my time.
    Good for you. I have each class at max level and geared. What is your point? Also if Wowisdead like your name suggests why do you keep playing? Fact is your argument got shut down so your only response is "I don't have time". MoP was a decent game compared to WoD and actually had content and story. But keep trying the tinfoil hat theory of "WAHHHH PREORDERING IS BAD WAAAH". Lol comparing fraud in real life to preordering a video game. Fucking hilarious. I paid in advance for surgical treatment that I was due in 2014 and guess what the surgery was a complete success so again bullshit theory.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-16 at 10:19 AM.

Good for you. I have each class at max level and geared. What is your point? Also if Wowisdead like your name suggests why do you keep playing? Fact is your argument got shut down so your only response is "I don't have time". MoP was a decent game compared to WoD and actually had content and story. But keep trying the tinfoil hat theory of "WAHHHH PREORDERING IS BAD WAAAH". Lol comparing fraud in real life to preordering a video game. Fucking hilarious. I paid in advance for surgical treatment that I was due in 2014 and guess what the surgery was a complete success so again bullshit theory.
    MOP was worst xpack in Wow's history, I've skipped almost entirely due to nothing to do, cuz all content, it had - was content, that didn't suit me. WOD actually isn't that bad. Only three things are bad: 1) Stupid AU storyline 2) Too long content droughts 3) No flying. Garrisons - are actually good for game. They solve old major problem - endgame has very low reward/effort ratio, i.e. it's too grindy, and majority of players don't have time to play on their max level characters and don't have incentive to log in on them. Offline progression solves this problem. May be Garrisons need some tweaks, but they are great way to play for casual players, like me. If you don't like them - that means, that they're not content, intended for you. And, as Blizzard said, you're not entitled to demand game to be developed exclusively for you. You're not so special, sorry.

In this situation I would be nice to be able to actually pay for xpack only after first major content patch, when it would be evident, how much effort Blizzard really put into it.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-05-16 at 10:39 AM.

MOP was worst xpack in Wow's history, I've skipped almost entirely due to nothing to do, cuz all content, it had - was content, that didn't suit me. WOD actually isn't that bad. Only three things are bad: 1) Stupid AU storyline 2) Too long content droughts 3) No flying. Garrisons - are actually good for game. They solve old major problem - endgame has very low reward/effort ratio, i.e. it's too grindy, and majority of players don't have time to play on their max level characters and don't have incentive to log in on them. Offline progression solves this problem. May be Garrisons need some tweaks, but they are great way to play for casual players, like me. If you don't like them - that means, that they're not content, intended for you. And, as Blizzard said, you're not entitled to demand game to be developed exclusively for you. You're not so special, sorry.

In this situation I would be nice to be able to actually pay for xpack only after first major content patch, when it would be evident, how much effort Blizzard really put into it.
    MoP being the worst is subject to opinion which you are of course entitled to. I think Garrisons are a bag of crap personally but again my opinion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-16 at 10:43 AM.

MoP being the worst is subject to opinion which you are of course entitled to. I think Garrisons are a bag of crap personally but again my opinion.
    WOD - is first xpack since WotLK, where I've got tired of content not because it's bad, but because I've done it too many times. It's first xpack since WotLK, where I've completed all major content achievements, except raiding. I don't know how to explain... You know, some people say, that they like music of 80s and prefer it over current one. But you know... Music style has changed because people in 80s listened too much music of 80s and got tired of it. Same with Vanilla and TBC. It may seem better now, but back in Vanilla and TBC players got tired of them because of doing the same content again, again and again. Same with WOD - yeah, I've got tired of it, but got tired in good mean of this term. I know Garrison and Tanaan better, than my 5 fingers.

And MOP was... I quitted after dailypocalyspe of 5.0, returned several times to check content patches, but...never completed any endgame content, provided by MOP.

It is kind of funny seeing all these people that knee jerk preordered the game and now want a refund. Why in the hell would you prepurchase. One thing I have noticed, and I am not saying OP is in this boat, but whenever things like beta come around their seems to be a new mountain slide of "can I" or "how do I" get a refund posts. For those people I am going to say this. Unless they tell you that you will get beta with prepurchase do not expect, think, or even imagine that you will get beta for it. Will save you a lot of headache. Not to mention outside of that all you get from a prepurchase or preorder is the same exact game you get if you buy it the day before the expansion hits or a week after. Only thing you will really get with Legion is the boost and a little bit of early access to the demon hunter stuff.

The only bad thing about Garrisons - is that Blizzard decided, that Garrisons, that are essentially UI-based mini-game and take minimal effort to be developed, can be used as the only content, that will keep players playing for 2 years, and that they can be lazy and not develop any other content. And Legion will be bad for me: demand to do outdoor content means I won't be able to play on all alts again.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-05-16 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sorry but there is no way the OP is true. You could have pre-ordered 5 months ago and can recieve a refund. By law in the US at lease they have to refund a pre-order.

The only way they don't refund is if you bought ur code from a 2nd party.

For example: I bought my code from Gamestop therefor blizzard can't and won't refund it since they didn't make the sell. The only way out of not giving a refund is if they state no refund on digital (DLC) sells like gamestop does.
    Actually, because hes bought it from blizzard they don't need to give a refund

As per the Terms of Sale on Blizzard's Website

All Sales for Digital Content or Services are Final.
    No refunds are permitted except with respect to any statutory warranties or guaranties that cannot be excluded or limited by law.

There is no Federal Law that blizzard MUST offer a refund. Blizzard have every right to decline a refund.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
    I submitted a ticket before going to work today (on a Legion preorder I made a couple of months ago), and it was refused based on:
    We were unable to complete your refund on a World of Warcraft game purchase.- Too much time has passed since the game was purchased.

All I posted in my ticket was my refund request, and that I posted it from the character I used my boost on. Since Legion's still a few months from release, then why does it matter if I waited a few months for a preorder refund? Do I have any other avenues? I'm just bored of WoW tbh, and have no intention to return in Legion.
    You should know the refund policy before making a purchase on a platform you don't know the refund policy of.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It is kind of funny seeing all these people that knee jerk preordered the game and now want a refund. Why in the hell would you prepurchase. One thing I have noticed, and I am not saying OP is in this boat, but whenever things like beta come around their seems to be a new mountain slide of "can I" or "how do I" get a refund posts. For those people I am going to say this. Unless they tell you that you will get beta with prepurchase do not expect, think, or even imagine that you will get beta for it. Will save you a lot of headache. Not to mention outside of that all you get from a prepurchase or preorder is the same exact game you get if you buy it the day before the expansion hits or a week after. Only thing you will really get with Legion is the boost and a little bit of early access to the demon hunter stuff.
    I'm guessing these people just got tired of waiting, and didn't read the fine print that says "game will be released on or before sept 21, 2016"

I am not familiar with other games' pre-order to release schedules, but are there any other games where their pre-order to release period is ALMOST 1 year?

I submitted a ticket before going to work today (on a Legion preorder I made a couple of months ago), and it was refused based on:
    We were unable to complete your refund on a World of Warcraft game purchase.- Too much time has passed since the game was purchased.

All I posted in my ticket was my refund request, and that I posted it from the character I used my boost on. Since Legion's still a few months from release, then why does it matter if I waited a few months for a preorder refund? Do I have any other avenues? I'm just bored of WoW tbh, and have no intention to return in Legion.
    You bought something, you used it for months and now you want your money back?
    Ok then...

Buys pre-order, instantly uses boost for a character to play now in WoD. Plays months, gets bored, then wants money back.

Sounds more like a dodgy way of buying a character boost that you can get a refund on at a later date....

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Buys pre-order, instantly uses boost for a character to play now in WoD. Plays months, gets bored, then wants money back.

Sounds more like a dodgy way of buying a character boost that you can get a refund on at a later date....
    Boosted character gets locked if you refund so doesn't matter.

Deleted

In 99% of all countries in the world, you only have between 14 and 21 days to ask for a refund, one minute after that deadline and you have no legal right to request one. Preorder or regular order, same rules apply, only in very exceptional cases can they be reverted.

Should learn your consumer rights and obligations then you would have known about it.