Destro Artifact Traits & Pet Choice

does anyone else have issues with the fact that Impish incineration kinda locks you into using a specific pet? Yeah they've tweaked it to help with it working with grim of sac/grim of supremacy, but it still sucks that if we do use a normal demon pet it should be an imp. Maybe it seems like a minor issue to many of you and it kinda is but, I just find it frustrating that they'd go with a design like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    does anyone else have issues with the fact that Impish incineration kinda locks you into using a specific pet? Yeah they've tweaked it to help with it working with grim of sac/grim of supremacy, but it still sucks that if we do use a normal demon pet it should be an imp. Maybe it seems like a minor issue to many of you and it kinda is but, I just find it frustrating that they'd go with a design like that.
    I think it's more "class fantasy", they want people to be pigeonholed into the Imp for Destruction, the Felhunter for Affliction I believe, and the Felguard for Demo. It is a minor issue but an issue nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, as long as my "class fantasy" of frikkin' gutting the damn demon and not having to lug it around is preserved, I could not care less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Meh, as long as my "class fantasy" of frikkin' gutting the damn demon and not having to lug it around is preserved, I could not care less.
    Yeah a lot of people seem to be complaining about this, but who knows Supremacy may be the better choice, we won't know until the tuning comes.

I'm surprised no one else feels the say way about this issue. I mean what's the point of having different types of demon pets when our artifact talent is enforcing the idea of using one specific pet for the spec. It's a really strange direction in class development in my opinion.Almost like a step backwards from past expansions regarding pet choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    I'm surprised no one else feels the say way about this issue. I mean what's the point of having different types of demon pets when our artifact talent is enforcing the idea of using one specific pet for the spec. It's a really strange direction in class development in my opinion.Almost like a step backwards from past expansions regarding pet choice.
    They definitely are going back into an old way of Warlock. I remember in WotLK using like Felhunter for Aff, and Imp on any ranged tab-targetting boss due to it being a ranged pet. I'm sure if the pet damage is normalized you perhaps will still do that for maybe Affliction but not Destro since they get Imp damage increase in their artifact weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    They definitely are going back into an old way of Warlock. I remember in WotLK using like Felhunter for Aff, and Imp on any ranged tab-targetting boss due to it being a ranged pet. I'm sure if the pet damage is normalized you perhaps will still do that for maybe Affliction but not Destro since they get Imp damage increase in their artifact weapon.
    Felhunters ability (shadow bite was it?) will do increased damage on targets that have dots on them in legion to make sure felhunter is always going to be the pet of choice for affliction. So if there will be a fight were the imp is better even with that in mind then it is likely that gosup will be a great talent for the fight as well and thus make the imp not the go to anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluukat View Post
    Felhunters ability (shadow bite was it?) will do increased damage on targets that have dots on them in legion to make sure felhunter is always going to be the pet of choice for affliction. So if there will be a fight were the imp is better even with that in mind then it is likely that gosup will be a great talent for the fight as well and thus make the imp not the go to anyways.
    yep, shadow bite does more damage as affliction. so as long as you're using service, felhunter should be the choice i imagine. same with imp for destro. I personally don't have a problem with this, but it still bothers me that the succubus is seriously, completely useless. I don't pvp anymore, so I don't know its usefulness for pvp, but I cannot see any situation where a succubus would ever be used in PvE. I guess some could argue for dungeons maybe for CC, but I highly doubt that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluukat View Post
    Yeah I believe you are right. It seems like a lot of specs have passive and active ways to play classes. I see Supremacy as more of the passive way, and Service / Synergy being more active, those both could be more damage if you get the right proc at the right time or use the second pet at the most opportune time though. Servitude in WoD was the best talent for most of Highmaul unless Demo due to not having a ton of gear or set bonuses, at the same time it was weird because in BRF I believe they nerfed Demonbolt halfway through and it was then Servitude / Service for Demo for most simmed DPS.