I will say I really like seeing the Russo brothers doing stuff, they were part of Community and Arrested Development, my favorite show of all time and the one I consider to be the best. They also worked on Happy Endings which was great as well. Really like their work, plus they seem to bring a Community cast member each movie which is neat for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    The whole Scott meeting Steve for the 1st time, nailed it for me.
    Pretty much everything Antman did was brilliant... I know Black Panther and Spiderman are getting most of the press, but Antman was just as good as they were, IMO.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fiiiiiinaaallly saw this today. Wow. Nailed it. Looking forward to Spidey and BP movies. All characters got good development/lines in this film. I cannot wait for Infinity Wars, whatever it actually gets called.
    BAD WOLF

Iron Man made the breathrough, which is why I typically have that at the top. Winter Soldier, and the First Avenger right after. (They nailed Cap. This is the character I would expect to be the World leader he eventually becomes much later in the comics, after organizing an interstellar war that involved forces...The Skrulls under Kl'rt, the Super-Skrull; the Kree under Ronan, and both of which following Rogers' lead.)

I judge the movies by story and how well they compare to the original characters in the comic books. Needless to say, Guardians of the Galaxy is at the bottom of any list I would make, with Thor not far above it.

GotG used the names and general appearances of the characters...Groot and Raccoon being the exceptions...kinda. (Rocket was originally from a planet that was populated with his people)

I think the MCU is slowly crashing as it pertains to cosmic level characters. They bring these super-powerful dudes and bring them down to a human level so they can be fought and we can say "Well, they can be beaten and since they're not as intelligent, we can out-think them."
    Really?
    We're suppose to get Thanos...and there isn't any clue as to how they're going to sell such a threat to the universe; a character that took another alien (Warlock) to understand him and to outwit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    We're suppose to get Thanos...and there isn't any clue as to how they're going to sell such a threat to the universe; a character that took another alien (Warlock) to understand him and to outwit him.

Just for clarity (and I'm assuming you're referring to Adam Warlock), he's not/wasn't an alien. His was genetically engineered on Earth and was initially known as Him. Later-on the High Evolutionary altered him and gave him the Soul Gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "aw man.. i thought it was a water truck" is probably my favorite
    Love that. And "Tony! This is your conscience! We don't speak much lately...".

People talk a lot about how exciting Spiderman was (and deservedly so), but for me Ant-Man was equally awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    To be fair, with the helicarrier, the explanation is "he built it". It's not like there's a real story there.
    I thought that the helicarrier in Age of Ultron was actually the one from Avengers, and that it was put on ice by the government after SHIELD fell in Winter Soldier. So Nick Fury just snuck it out of wherever they were storing it (I'm thinking in a big factory next to the Ark of the Covenant).

MCU wiki says it's the same one:

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Helicarrier

Apparently you can see the 64 badge in AoU just like in Avengers:

http://geeklyinc.com/avengers-what-happened-to-the-original-helicarrier/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Looks like we'll have two Johnny Storm's in the MCU without the MCU actually having rights to the FF4.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-jordan-893845

The question on people's mind (from reading around) is who will meet first both Johnny Storms or both Sherlocks.
    And then can we get them all in a room together so Deadpool can turn up and lampshade it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

"In an interview with The Empire Film Podcast, Kevin Feige discussed Black Panther’s introduction in Captain America: Civil War and also talked about Coogler’s film as well as the growing ensemble.

That will be amongst the best ensembles we’ve ever had,” Feige said of the Black Panther cast, “and 90% of the cast is either African or African-American.

This bodes well for both the film and Marvel Studios as a whole. Lupita Nyong’o is in negotiations to play T’Challa’s love interest and Michael B. Jordan is set to join as well – marking this the third collaboration in a row with director Ryan Coogler. The prospect of having a high-scale superhero movie be led by a predominately black cast is groundbreaking. I cannot wait to see Coogler apply his sensibilities in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He accomplished wonderful character dynamics in his previous two films, and directed an incredible one-take fight sequence in Creed. This trip to Wakanda is going to be something special."

http://heroichollywood.com/black-pan...ll-90-african/
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Just for clarity (and I'm assuming you're referring to Adam Warlock), he's not/wasn't an alien. His was genetically engineered on Earth and was initially known as Him. Later-on the High Evolutionary altered him and gave him the Soul Gem.
    It was "Earth 2."
    *shrugs*

There was the whole "Savior/Jesus Christ" parallel that annoyed me. It was a gamble back then to do that sort of thing. (Can't imagine them doing that sort of thing today)

great review episode. they also discuss black widow and her solo potential about halfway

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I thought that the helicarrier in Age of Ultron was actually the one from Avengers, and that it was put on ice by the government after SHIELD fell in Winter Soldier. So Nick Fury just snuck it out of wherever they were storing it (I'm thinking in a big factory next to the Ark of the Covenant).

MCU wiki says it's the same one:

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia...ki/Helicarrier
    According to that, the AoS remarks about budgets and whatever were for REPAIRING it, rather than building a new one. Since my point was that the AoS "explanation" was pointless anyway, it works either way. In the AoS thread, folks were declaring that this knowledge was essential to Ultron's plot and the movie wouldn't be the same without it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Is it just me or is every new marvel release indirectly about Iron man?

Quote Originally Posted by Crish View Post
    Is it just me or is every new marvel release indirectly about Iron man?
    Considering the limits they have, there is a connection. (Although they could have reduced that by having Pym play a larger part in the overarching plot)

Still, as long as SHIELD is involved in some way...yeah, Marvel will be whacking that Stark connection for all it's worth.

It was "Earth 2."
    *shrugs*

There was the whole "Savior/Jesus Christ" parallel that annoyed me. It was a gamble back then to do that sort of thing. (Can't imagine them doing that sort of thing today)
    No, he was created on our Earth:

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...our_6667.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    According to that, the AoS remarks about budgets and whatever were for REPAIRING it, rather than building a new one. Since my point was that the AoS "explanation" was pointless anyway, it works either way. In the AoS thread, folks were declaring that this knowledge was essential to Ultron's plot and the movie wouldn't be the same without it.
    LOL. Poor Agents of Shield...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It was "Earth 2."
    *shrugs*

Marvel doesn't have an "Earth 2." Adam Warlock was created on regular old ordinary, Avengers-and-X-Men Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've had a few days to reflect and if I have to give criticism, it would be that the pacing was a tad too fast which is magnified by the jarring cuts. It was nowhere near as poorly edited as BvS, like not remotely, but the cuts were pretty abrupt. I guess that happens when you don't want to sink into narrative sludge when you need to hop across the world several times, but it was still a little awkward to see as it unfolded.

Otherwise, the narrative did a great job at catching you up to speed within the first 30 seconds of each jump, so the overall effect wasn't troublesome. I hope there is a director's cut for this movie though, because I could stand twice as many quips and still love it. Plus Spider-Man and BP looked so awesome in fight scenes and Tom Holland absolutely killed it as Peter. I am so hyped to finally see a proper Spider-Man movie. I know we were all pretty impressed with the first Raimi one (and it was still pretty decent) but they are going to blow that one away.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Marvel doesn't have an "Earth 2." Adam Warlock was created on regular old ordinary, Avengers-and-X-Men Earth.
    Duly noted back in cyberglum's post.

My old comics had him (or should I say Him) after he'd been sent to Counter-Earth, where things had been going screwy because of a crazed knight of Wundagore called "Man-Beast" messing up the High Evolutionary's pet project...
    Manbeast and Warlock running for office and it got ugly

(Where Reed Richards was the "Brute" referenced)
    Never liked the Jesus allusion. (One more step and they'd have called the "Beast" 666 or something.)

But I admit I loved where the story went:

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "In an interview with The Empire Film Podcast, Kevin Feige discussed Black Panther’s introduction in Captain America: Civil War and also talked about Coogler’s film as well as the growing ensemble.

That will be amongst the best ensembles we’ve ever had,” Feige said of the Black Panther cast, “and 90% of the cast is either African or African-American.

This bodes well for both the film and Marvel Studios as a whole. Lupita Nyong’o is in negotiations to play T’Challa’s love interest and Michael B. Jordan is set to join as well – marking this the third collaboration in a row with director Ryan Coogler. The prospect of having a high-scale superhero movie be led by a predominately black cast is groundbreaking. I cannot wait to see Coogler apply his sensibilities in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He accomplished wonderful character dynamics in his previous two films, and directed an incredible one-take fight sequence in Creed. This trip to Wakanda is going to be something special."

http://heroichollywood.com/black-pan...ll-90-african/
    I'm excited for the Black Panther movie and thought Spiderman, Antman and Black Panther were the stand outs from Civil War but why does everything have to be a race thing?

I really liked Miles Morales' response in the new comics:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    why does everything have to be a race thing?
    For several reasons and the fault lies on both sides. It's the white man's fault for not including diversity of gender and race in the past, it's the diversity groups for standing up and saying they want to be included (directly making it a race issue), which results in a dystopian narrative where either way anything goes, someone is going to get uppity about it. In fact, Marvel's inclusion of trying to subvert the current race narrative with a new one of 'why does race matter' is both racist and forward thinking, depending on how you want to look at it.

This is why the issue is so complicated. They take a black hero, make them say their blackness shouldn't matter, and it completely subverts the entire BLM movement where they are screaming to everyone who will listen that they should matter (unsaid more) because they are (insert race/gender) because they haven't mattered enough in the past.

Reparations in the real world are messy. So that's what leads to companies getting blasted for using tropes "Oh the mystical Asian, great job racist" then getting the same people blasting them for subverting them "Oh you changed the mystical Asian to a white woman, great job racist". Appropriation and subversion are two sides of the same coin, that usually have the same people being openly hypocritical.

Then the end result of this is that Marvel makes a great character who can exist on their own merits, whether Miles or the MCU Black Panther, and yet they have to go on publicity tours and talk about how they will have 90% of the cast African or African American. Did we really need that said? The movie takes place in Africa, but most people don't think about how many white people live in Africa. So will this be a true representation of modern Africa? Who knows? But we do know they are committing to making it all about African Americans b/c of our current culture.

Most of us just want everyone to be recognized for their merits and don't give a flying F about what is between their legs or what skin color they have. /sorryrantoff
    BAD WOLF