Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Its very simple.

The only other expansion at the time was TBC and WOLK was simply not as good so there was alot of disappointment.
    The expansions that have followed have degenerated the game into utter shite so its natural people look back at WOLK as better.
    Alot of the proper gamers that actually like a decent RPG with a progression system that isn't broken complained about WOLK at the time and left.

That is why it went from "Worst shit evah" to "best of times". So please stop repeating your nonsense on every thread where this topic comes up.
    Except that Wrath was a million times better than the garbage heap that was TBC, but I digress...

OT: WoD & TBC are tied as the worst expansions with Wrath & MoP being the best.

Deleted
    Wod killed wow, it's a terrible xpac. And Legion will be similar, blizzard made wow worse during the years, not better; they started fucking up during wotlk and now they just went full retard.

Deleted
    well i kinda feel the way the story is coming along is that they mixed up the order they wanted it being told. wod, classic, mist, tbc, cata, woltk and legion. but some of the laters hav been well perodies of WoW(totally my opion yada-da) only thing now is i kinda feel that the story well pick up from now for me so i feel i get value for my little pot of gold they are getting.
    If not then isn't there more beutifull rainbows out there just for me?

7+ Year Old Account
    My best to worst:

WotLK > MoP > BC > Classic > WoD > Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I used to be a avid WoW subscriber since vanilla, took few breaks here and there in between content but always a consistent raider / pvper.

I personally didn't enjoy just about anything about WoD, hence I quit when Blackrock Foundry was launched and never came back.

Am I just experiencing burnout or was WoD really that bad?
    looks like legion will be right up there. for tanks at least.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The same week they came out and said they shouldn't have called 6.1 a major patch and that we had only really gotten 1 major patch with 6.2, another twitter post from a developer comes out saying how they don't understand ppl saying they weren't getting anything since they just gave us our 2nd major patch.
    I still can't believe they coined Twitter integration as a form of Major Patch content

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

I feel like I jinxed myself years ago when MoP was released by saying 'wow nothing could be as bad as Cata!'.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Um... No. When Mists hit the end, people bitched about it. Just as they did with Cata. As WoD has progressed forward, people realized that Mists wasn't as bad as they thought it was. You've been around long enough... You had to have been here for those threads.
    You know, it's really funny how something can be disliked and then some new thing can come along and actually be worse! And then people say THAT thing is the worst thing of all time.

In my opinion, Cata was meh, Pandaria was pretty fun aside from the ridiculous amount of stuff locked behind rep grinds, but WoD has sucked worse than either of them. Really, the only thing I liked about WoD is the fact that I no longer have to spend real money to play. And yet, if Legion is worse, I may even come here and say it's the worst expansion of all time, even though right now I'm saying WoD is.
    I'd really like to get my Special Snowflake Feat of Strength now. Just because I'm special. - Scummer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    In my opinion, Cata was meh, Pandaria was pretty fun aside from the ridiculous amount of stuff locked behind rep grinds, but WoD has sucked worse than either of them. Really, the only thing I liked about WoD is the fact that I no longer have to spend real money to play. And yet, if Legion is worse, I may even come here and say it's the worst expansion of all time, even though right now I'm saying WoD is.
    I have to agree on you there. I found Cata pretty meh as well. MoP being pretty decent (for my enjoyment overall almost up there with WotlK - for me it was actually the PvP that sucked the most). WoD had (again - imho) the best potential. In terms of gameplay, story and things to do. They decided to scrap almost all of it. So WoD is pretty objectively the worst out of all of them. Yes, some might enjoy the content given to us but in terms of value for our money WoD cost us players the most and gave us too little.
    Not sure if Legion will be "as" bad as WoD is currently. I sure as fuck hope not. Many of my friends are just staying subbed atm because we need to keep the raid alive. But if Legion is a desaster like WoD they probably wont stick around for much longer.
    So yes, I hope it will be good. I am not sick of playing my favorite past-time game. I want it to be good. So no, I am not a "WoW-is-Dead"-kinda guy.

I remember when blizzard said Expansions would be faster, I was thinking, so a shorter time final patch yay, but what I didn't understand was, they meant less patches with the same 1 year+ final patch. So yes WoD is the wrost, its the first time I unsub from the game since subing back in Vanilla.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Yes, absolutely. Most hyped, most disappointing xpac by far. Raiding was ok, but nearly every other aspect was a complete failure. Leveling was over too quick. Dungeons were rendered obsolete too soon. Ashran was an utter failure. Pacing of content release was horrific as usual. World was emptied out as everyone filed one by one into their garrisons where they could comfortably remain for the entirely of the xpac in between queues/raiding. The garrison is the single worst designed feature for an MMO in the history of the genre; it is the penultimate antithesis of every pillar the MMO genre was built on.

The "world" of Warcraft was annihilated in favor of a lobby based matchmaking game with integrated social media and FB style mini-games. It couldn't be farther from a true MMO if it tried. My faith is so utterly shaken in Blizzard to continue making a quality MMO that I have little to no excitement for Legion. My only beacon of hope lately has been the extremely encouraging outpouring of support for Legacy realms. I've gradually embraced the idea that my future enjoyment of WoW lies in its past.

Yep. I'd describe it as on-par with cataclysm.

I feel really bad for the WoW dev team. They are clearly under enormous pressure, and appear to me to be completely mismanaged. I have more hope for legacy servers being implemented at this point than for WoW to be as enjoyable as classic - bc -wrath again.

It's even more tragic when you think that MoP development in it's later cycle suffered because of people being pulled to work on WoD....

So not only did WoD hop the rails it took the back end of Mists with it.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played through most of it as well as all previous expansions and I'd have to respond with a resounding "Yes."

Is WoW in it's current form (WoD) still the most polished and complete MMO on the market? "Yes"

So do I have a choice?

"No"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjingle View Post
    Yep. I'd describe it as on-par with cataclysm.
    Cataclysm was so much better than WoD imo. I actually had a great time during that expansion. It was still somewhat like Wrath then.

I think it is, still enjoyable, but still the worst

But watch, when we're into the next expansion after legion, WoD will be hailed as one of the greatest expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    WoD is definitely the worse. Don't know why ppl rail so much against Cata. It wasn't good, definitely not but it wasn't the pile of steaming garbage WoD is. Personally I hated MoP more than Cata but that's just personal preference. I especially hated the gated daily rep grinds in MoP. I know ppl think that's content but it's not it's just bullshit. Also, garrisons had potential but they did't support them and created no other contents, making it appear much worse than it is. Obviously all the resources went to HoS, HS and OW.
    Cataclysm gets a lot of flak because of that awkward 4.1 period, where they released bugger all content but updated Heroic Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman. Of course, THAT was more content than 6.1 which just makes WoD look even worse by comparison. For all the flak Cataclysm gets at least it had extensive launch content and added a lot more features, even if the benefit of them is debatable. I feel like Cataclysm's issues stemmed from them - in their own words - devoting so many resources to revamping the world that they were able to put out as much as they did was pretty impressive. WoD has no such "we were updating half of the world" excuse.

There's also Blizzard's amazing handling of the difficulty curve which just served to piss everybody off. It was too difficult for Wrathbabies who were used to facerolling Heroics without going blow 95% health and closer to Vanilla/TBC difficulty (y'know, needing CC on mobs and actual healers) but by the time they nerfed it, those players had already unsubscribed in rage and those that remained got pissed off by the nerfs.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2016-05-12 at 08:37 AM.

Yes WoD is the worst expansion in WoW's history, no explanation needed. that and stupid panda expansion, though timeless isle was enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I used to be a avid WoW subscriber since vanilla, took few breaks here and there in between content but always a consistent raider / pvper.

I personally didn't enjoy just about anything about WoD, hence I quit when Blackrock Foundry was launched and never came back.

Am I just experiencing burnout or was WoD really that bad?
    WoD and WotLK are both equally bad...
    But if only one can take the prize, then WotLK must be labelled as slightly worse..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Yes - they're so retarded they're capable of making a game that rakes in millions included your cash.
    Almost all original devs are gone from blizzard. You know right?

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Almost all original devs are gone from blizzard. You know right?
    That has nothing to do with anything I said.