Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    3rd post and someone is already mad. This is her greatest feast, ability to make people mad for last 10 years, resulting in niagara of tears.

Anyway, as friendly mentioned she was a ranger general for a really long time. She led defense of quel'thalas. She menaged to break herself from lich king control and seize control of forsaken. She was able to liberate lordaeron from dreadlords. She united many undead under her banner. She started the kingdom. And that's just W3.

Also, she menaged to get into trailer and promo materials for legion. So she stays relevant after many years.
    She failed at defending her homeland as the Ranger General. She lost Quel'thalas. The Lich King lost control because he was dying and losing power by the hour thanks to a crack in his prison. She was backstabbed by the Dreadlord she kept alive and used to "kill" the others and then needed outside help from both the Alliance and Horde to regain control over the Undercity. She made a coup and took control over an already existing kingdom from the guy who decided to go to Northrend to defend the Frozen Throne and then went into a deep sleep for years. That is hardly creating a kingdom.

It is pretty easy to spin these points around when her main "feats" lead to either defeats or she took advantage of a situation where the more powerful forces were too busy dealing with other matters other than herself. She has now died on multiple occasions and is now afraid of what awaits her once she does hit the bucket, so she is hardly this mega badass that some people portray her as.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-05-16 at 10:14 AM.

She is one of the best archers along with Tyrande,Shandris,Alleria,etc. She is not going to destroy armies with a weave of her hands or something like that but according to Arthas, it's pretty annoying to deal with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    ...she is hardly this mega badass that some people portray her as.
    Do even people what mega badass faction leaders? Last time Thrall went this way, people started to hate him.

I think the fact she is opportunist, survivor and manipulative bitch, but still vulnerable, makes her more interesting character than other morally flawless and/or overpowered characters.

Deleted
    her best Feat is her Pixsels which have led to a die hard fanboy army who says she is the best charcter in the game with no flaws or evil plan.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Do even people what mega badass faction leaders? Last time Thrall went this way, people started to hate him.

I think the fact she is opportunist, survivor and manipulative bitch, but still vulnerable, makes her more interesting character than other morally flawless and/or overpowered characters.
    There really is no morally flawless character even Malfurion,Thrall or Velen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Yeah, but they are so overpowered they run through almost everything.

Things that ever stopped them were highest ranking lieutenants of Burning Legion or Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Tyrande needs elune to guide her arrows. Aimbot detected.
    Tyrande reported for cheating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    No, it doesn't. Or at least to me, it seemed you weren't getting OP's usage of the term "feat" right.

You were implying that (being tough enough to require a saronite spike to kill her) wasn't supposed to be Sylvanas' feats since it was more of Arthas' accomplishment as he raised her - which is wrong. As I said, regardless whether she is naturally durable by being an UD raised by Arthas, all UDs are that durable, or that she is a special case since she did something to her body, it'd still be one of Sylvanas' feats since it showed how durable she is.
    No idea why it's Sylvanas feat being durable as Undead, Arthas is after all the person who pretty much created Sylvanas Undead body.

And it's not known if Sylvanas did anything special that would make her own undead body more specials than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Tyrande reported for cheating!!!
    Well, her ultimate ability Starfall is literally hitting everything within its radius. God Mode should be renamed to Elune Mode. =P

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Well, her ultimate ability Starfall is literally hitting everything within its radius. God Mode should be renamed to Elune Mode. =P
    And she got rekt by random orc archers, she has worse situational awareness than aylvanas, and mop showed Shea awful at battle strategy, funny for a 10k year old fighter to need advice from a human.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Matagaming abilities and plot armor.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    And she got rekt by random orc archers, she has worse situational awareness than aylvanas, and mop showed Shea awful at battle strategy, funny for a 10k year old fighter to need advice from a human.
    You have no sense of humour.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-05-16 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    It makes me happy, at the sheer number of people who have the reading comprehension level of a nine year old in this thread.

To answer the OP, pretty much everything Friendly said when it comes down to her archery.

Something to also take note of, in warcrimes she had enough strength to rip apart a bear with just her (Bear) hands.
    wolf /10char

It's not like Sylvanas didn't lost control of her very own city. People fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No idea why it's Sylvanas feat being durable as Undead, Arthas is after all the person who pretty much created Sylvanas Undead body.

And it's not known if Sylvanas did anything special that would make her own undead body more specials than others.
    This is why I said some people don't seem to get the meaning of the term "feats" in OP's post, or general characters respects threads.

Those "feats" don't need to be special. They don't even need to be grand or any accomplishment - as you can see I brought up an example being Sylvanas getting killed by a shot from Godfrey - that was neither special, grand, nor any kind of accomplishment and yet it could still be considered her durability feat. The term "feats" being used in respect threads (what the OP was asking for) simply means just pieces of official events (from games, book, movies or other sources) from which we can judge a character's strength (i.e: speed, durability, offensive strength, any kind of special powers, etc.). Any examples that show us how durable Sylvanas is - regardless whether it was thanks to her ability or she was naturally so by being an undead created by Arthas - are her durability feats.

In case I'm terrible at explaining my points, this is a copy paste from quick Google to explain the term
    Feats are actions performed by various characters/entities that are used to show their power. Feats are one of the most important ways to gauge a character's power, and therefore, they are also the main points of argument on almost any thread. There are different types of feats, such as strength feats, speed feats, durability feats, destructive power feats, intelligence/prep feats, etc. Some feats are more useful than others since they are more easily quantified.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    By the looks of how things are going so far, I'd say very few.
    What a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    survivor
    You may say many things about Sylvanas but "survivor" isn't really one of them, not when she died multiple times and kept coming back through ressurections.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    If someone can see flaws in a character only when said character is an emotional trainwreck, chances are that someone is not exactly the sharper reader in existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Sylvanas using her rage inducing powers once again
    Alliance's best chance to conquer Lordaeron would be to send an army of all-warriors. They'd never run out of rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    Her greatest accomplishment was the time she splattered herself by jumping off the top of ICC.
    That's a feat in a sense, a high jump. Though she lost some style points with that messy landing.

Also, gotta take a moment to appreciate that we've come to a point where we have so many Sylvanas-threads there's even one about her Olympic achievements.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Alliance's best chance to conquer Lordaeron would be to send an army of all-warriors. They'd never run out of rage.
    She uses Frozen ammo and back-peddles for major stroke inducing lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Her best feat is Blizzard never, ever having actual long-term consequences for the character despite constantly doing shady bullshit. I guess that would mean her best feat would be that she's an utter fanservice character with all the plot armor that entails.

But oops I forgot what forum this was, her fanboys are out in full force characterizing any non-white knighting of her as "being mad."

If you want to see what realistic outcome would come from what nonsense Sylvanas has gotten away with since Wrath of the Lich King, just look at Garrosh and his downfall. Whether you love him or hate him, at least they bothered to be somewhat realistic in the backlash to the shit he did, which ultimately caused his own downfall.

But I'm sure that trying to enslave Eyir and be able to create her own Val'kyr will just be swept under the rug by everybody involved in the story. You get that luxury when you're a wholly unrealistic character (And no, I'm not talking about the fact that she's a zombie, fuck off with that nonsense before you even start) who suffers no consequences for your actions. Even the one case you could point to, Godfrey killing her, she is fine due to the story laughably having extra lives built into it for her.

The only long reaching "consequence" I can even think of is that for a few expansions, there were Orc guards in the Undercity. Who, narratively, were supposed to be keeping an eye on her. But nope, they were wholly useless and just were all wiped out while we were fighting Garrosh in Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-05-16 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    You may say many things about Sylvanas but "survivor" isn't really one of them, not when she died multiple times and kept coming back through ressurections
    I think you are misunderstanding the definition of word Survivor in my post.

Survivor can also mean: A person who continues to function or prosper in spite of opposition, hardship, or setbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    But oops I forgot what forum this was, her fanboys are out in full force characterizing any non-white knighting of her as "being mad."
    Yet, you keep posting in every single Sylvanas thread.

Feeling the never ending urge to state your opinion and then arguing with "fanboys". Doesn't that make you a "hater" then?