Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Which is very good of them to do, in the instances they have, because frankly you've used part of the pre-order they sell separately on the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Why in the hell would you prepurchase.
    because at that time i had spare money that i could spend on the game without blinking an eye and made myself early christmas present - simple as that - i knew already that im gonna play on launch since i have neough tokens in my bags till mid 2018 so i see now reason whatsoever to not pre purchase especially that i utilised the toon that i boosted to 100 to make at least 500k + gold since the prepurchase which is atm worth more then 100 $ in tokens seems like a good deal to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Actually, because hes bought it from blizzard they don't need to give a refund

As per the Terms of Sale on Blizzard's Website

All Sales for Digital Content or Services are Final.
    No refunds are permitted except with respect to any statutory warranties or guaranties that cannot be excluded or limited by law.

There is no Federal Law that blizzard MUST offer a refund. Blizzard have every right to decline a refund.
    Only in USA. In EU blizzard has to listen to the regional laws where on average you have 14 days after purchase to determine whether or not you want to keep it, as long as it's within those 14 days you are legally entitled to a refund.

However for faction changes and such, it's a little bit more tricky, but you can get a refund and have it undone as well depending on the country you are from, some countries have specific refund policies for this, others don't so blizzard doesn't have to comply.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Actually, because hes bought it from blizzard they don't need to give a refund

As per the Terms of Sale on Blizzard's Website

All Sales for Digital Content or Services are Final.
    No refunds are permitted except with respect to any statutory warranties or guaranties that cannot be excluded or limited by law.

There is no Federal Law that blizzard MUST offer a refund. Blizzard have every right to decline a refund.

I don't know if it's different in the US, but here (EU) you have 14 days by law to cancel/return an item bought over the internet, this also includes digital goods and preorders.

Blizzard's Terms of Sale:
    [...]4. Right of withdrawal.
    You have the right to withdraw from a contract within 14 calendar days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire 14 days after the day of the conclusion of the contract. [...]

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...rmsofsale.html

Thing is, the preorder contracts starts the day that you order, not the day legion is released.

Don't preorder a digital download, it doesn't make any sense.
    Unlimited supply and instant delivery = no preorder necessary

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I don't know if it's different in the US, but here (EU) you have 14 days by law to cancel/return an item bought over the internet, this also includes digital goods and preorders.

You have the right to withdraw from a contract within 14 calendar days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire 14 days after the day of the conclusion of the contract. [...]

Thing is, the preorder contracts starts the day that you order, not the day legion is released.

BUT DOOD, I HAVE TO HAVE THE 100 BOOST!!!!111111oneoneoenoenoeneleven

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    If you used the boost you lost your refund.
    Definitely true.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Definitely true.
    Not true at all. I've had friends who used the boost and were able to refund. The boosted character just gets locked like it did with WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not true at all. I've had friends who used the boost and were able to refund. The boosted character just gets locked like it did with WoD.
    Didn't work for my roommate 5 days after ordering, 2 days after using boost. He'd actually done a lot on that toon in those few days. Didn't see the email response (but that took 4 days to get).

edited to add: US account/order through Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Didn't work for my roommate 5 days after ordering, 2 days after using boost. He'd actually done a lot on that toon in those few days. Didn't see the email response (but that took 4 days to get).

edited to add: US account/order through Blizzard.
    Tell him to keep at it. They should never say because you boosted then you are invalid for refund. Hell I remember refunding WoD at one point. All it did was lock my 90 boosted Monk who had TI gear. This was during 5.4 still as well. EU btw.

Deleted
    Dont really see what the problem is.
    You pre-ordered months ago and now want your money back.
    If I was a company id tell you to go fuck your self as well.

And this is coming from a guy that pre-ordered and isn't sure if he will play it seeing there are to many better games out at the moment.

It's your own damn fault and no one else's.

Also, who gives a shit about 40/60 bucks.
    Thats half a dinner, half a night out with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Dont really see what the problem is.
    You pre-ordered months ago and now want your money back.
    If I was a company id tell you to go fuck your self as well.

And this is coming from a guy that pre-ordered and isn't sure if he will play it seeing there are to many better games out at the moment.

It's your own damn fault and no one else's.

Also, who gives a shit about 40/60 bucks.
    Thats half a dinner, half a night out with friends.
    40 bucks or 30 quid over here is quite decent value actually. Can get you a couple of weeks work of shopping for yourself including toiletries.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post

That is not true. It clearly states "The withdrawal period will expire 14 days after the day of the conclusion of the contract." the contract is not concluded until they fully fulfil their obligation to the customer which would when Legion goes live.

OP ask for your issue to escalated to someone who is capable of dealing with your issue if they have not dealt with it within 14 days issue a chargeback through your card issuer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    40 bucks or 30 quid over here is quite decent value actually. Can get you a couple of weeks work of shopping for yourself including toiletries.
    Will get me 2/3 days worth of food and drinks here. (healthy home cooked dinner, not a deepfreeze pizza, I could feed my self for a month on those for 40 quid).

I bought legion on the wrong account and they refunded the purchase back to my card, just send in a ticket bro!

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    stop being a shutin sperg and call them. their customer service is very good, cool and nice. and no i'm not a fanboi, i hate blizzard.
    I don't think I'll ever understand why people who hate Blizzard post on a website that is 99% devoted to WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just want to point out (if no one did after page 1) that you should use the correct word. Pre-order means you reserve a copy, without paying. Pre-purchase means you buy it in advance and get access to things like the boost. If it was a Pre-order I don't believe they can deny your request. With Pre-purchase it is different, but I still don't think they are allowed to deny it because the game isn't out yet. Just make another support ticket on the website and not ingame.

I know it's been a month since I ate the pie, but I really decided after I ate it that it wasn't what I wanted, so give me my money back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never understand people that pre-order games. Muppets the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    Why? If you know you are gonna play it then it's not an issue. Uncertainty however then always best to wait. Said this with WoWIsDead64 earlier when we were debating that preordering has not ruined the gaming industry since there are plenty of franchises/games that have had pre order options and done really well.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    Huh?

The only people who you shouldn't understand are those the pre-order and then look for a refund. There are clear incentives to pre-ordering Legion, that being the boost. If you're making use of that perk now and you're also 100% sure you want the expansion, there really is a bad reason to pre-order the game.

Personally the best one in this thread was the guy who got it refunded twice, and has since pre-ordered it again.