Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Waw this community.. 0 fuck about the guy whos mod you used since like forever,extending the hand for help,and ppl turn on him.Jesus,what even hurts more these are the vets so called player on the forum.Feels like the addblock guy.

But ye go post about the movie clik nb. 42,ignore the post about you having to maybe support a person.
    SJW out

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    DBM patreon? What's next.. "only latest raid tier behind a paywall"?
    Nah, it will be no more annoying updates that disable to addon until you download them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShuraEU View Post
    Yeah, fuck him for not developing a mod as extensive has his for free! Some people really are ungrateful fucks.
    P.S.: He doesn't "make" money, he puts the money he earns into the mod, not into his pocket you idiots.
    Yes, but the moment he offers features only available to people who play, they will ban his mod because mods of wow have to be freeware.
    You are only allowed to get free donations outside the mod. That's all.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I really hope a bunch of people starts to PvP naked just to showcase how stupid this idea of standardized stats are. Where will the sense of progression for PvPers be?
    Sure I understand the point, but I genuinely wonder how everyone besides high end Arena players will react.
    Apparently gear has a very minor effect on stats but this appear to be in single digits percentage.

Naked AV raid gooooo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneleaf View Post
    To correct you both, blizzard does not care about money made from add ons outside the game but they will ban code that has an in game donate button. And the author is putting the money in his pocket for living expenses so that he can focus on the add on and not have a "normal" job. He puts more time into his add on that what he would make doing a normal coding job but he has the advantage of staying at home as he mentions that he is a caregiver for a family member.

TLDR you should both learn to read.
    He is working on DBM fulltime, for that he has to eat, shower and have running water - for me those living expenses are part of the job he does working on DBM, not like he goes out and buys fancy cars with the money. (he even says in the full article that he lives on the bare minimum)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
    I do make money but I'm not getting wealthy by any means. I work on mod full time now. have for a while now. Development was just supported by elitist jerks (until it basically died). I do put money back into the mod as much as possible as well. I still plan to depending on patreon support.
    See my point above.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Yes, but the moment he offers features only available to people who play, they will ban his mod because mods of wow have to be freeware.
    You are only allowed to get free donations outside the mod. That's all.
    Yeah, since that is part of the Mod TOS, but he isn't offering any "pay only" features, so who cares?
    Last edited by ShuraEU; 2016-05-16 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, while the guy probably should be getting support for his work, not sure Blizzard will see it that way. RIP DBM, I think.

I've used dbm since before it was even called dbm and its always been a great mod. Solid and dependable and always up to date, so I'll definitely be donating, least I can do for all the years of dbm awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by DAV_76 View Post
    Yeah, while the guy probably should be getting support for his work, not sure Blizzard will see it that way. RIP DBM, I think.
    The DBM author is aware of and complying with the rules Blizz established. There won't be a problem from them. He may not get enough Patreon supporters though--that could force him to put working on it at a lower priority than whatever the alt income source becomes. Personally, i'll donate to help prevent that from being necessary. Its been a must-have since early TBC for me.

Anyone who is using DBM for 5+ years, like most raiders do, should pay 1 dollar each month for it. Just 12$ each year. That's like sending him a large pizza once a year. I think that's not too much at all. It's definitly worth it and makes sure we will get support for it in the future. It feels just right.

Other mods come and go, but DBM came and stayed relevant for all those years.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-05-16 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Anyone who is using DBM for 5+ years, like most raiders do, should pay 1 dollar each month for it. Just 12$ each year. That's like sending him a large pizza once a year. I think that's not too much at all. It's definitly worth it and makes sure we will get support for it in the future. It feels just right.

Other mods come and go, but DBM came and stayed relevant for all those years.
    Why just dbm then? Are you going to open your wallet to every addon you've been using for more than XX amount of time? If thats the case its gonna be more like buying 10-20 pizzas for random strangers a year. And then doesnt that make you feel sorry for the addons that were only used for a single tier like Iskar Assist? Doesnt that guy deserve a dollar per raider also?

Donations are fine, those who can afford it can support him all they want, dont make it sound like it should be required by any means.

Hope you get many donations MisticalOS to help your situation but usually people dont donate much or 0

i was keeping a addon for almost 2 expansions that many people loved and taken alot of my time for it and i received $0

We addon authors usually do stuff for us in the beginning and we share it but after some time it becomes almost our job (bug tracking, bug fixing, implement functions that people want, etc etc) and many time we dont even need to do it, worse when there is a major bug and we addon authors dont have the time to fix it (real life) and so many people complaining and offending sometimes

GL MisticalOS

Deleted
    Addons are supposed to be free. blizzard policy

i refuse to pay a dime

i know a lot of people love the addon, but i only use it because i'm being told to, by raid leaders ect. i prefer raiding without addons like that. it turns it into a "look at your interface"- game , rather than a proper raid

The more I see of interviews and movie footage, the more I get the feeling that this is a movie about Orcs and the humans are just there for counterbalance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    It's the Avatar of Sargeras by the looks, as in the one that corrupts Medivh, maybe that's what happens to him in the movie?
    Can confirm, there was a spoiler of the entire movie from a pre-screening, and that is indeed the Avatar of Sargeras from a possessed Medivh.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    Why just dbm then? Are you going to open your wallet to every addon you've been using for more than XX amount of time? If thats the case its gonna be more like buying 10-20 pizzas for random strangers a year. And then doesnt that make you feel sorry for the addons that were only used for a single tier like Iskar Assist? Doesnt that guy deserve a dollar per raider also?
    Donations are fine, those who can afford it can support him all they want, dont make it sound like it should be required by any means.
    A single addon for one specific feature/boss/expansion is a start for a addon author to get recognised, but not enough to pay money for. But dbm has major support many years now. I think it's fair to give some back. Not every addon gets so much support and is so important for raiders over such a long time. There are other addons like let's say Skada or Bartender (or for me Altoholic) that also deserve a small donation. Just anything you use for a very long time and helps you very much. It's a nice way to say thank you. Most addons are nice but many did similar ones and the support often stops with the next expansion. Those I mentioned are different.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-05-16 at 02:04 PM.

You got my support. I've been a fan of your mod since the beginning. Fuck every who's bitching about a donation. It shows us how much they don't care about you or your work.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    hurr durr paying for mods is dumb and he'll gate content and then blizzard will shut him down

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    Addons are supposed to be free. blizzard policy

i refuse to pay a dime

i know a lot of people love the addon, but i only use it because i'm being told to, by raid leaders ect. i prefer raiding without addons like that. it turns it into a "look at your interface"- game , rather than a proper raid
    It IS free. If you don't want to donate, no one says you have to. But when he runs out of money, gets a new job, and doesn't have time to make DBM anymore, maybe then you'll at least understand why he was asking for a monthly donation.

What you need to comprehend is that he's not asking for money to use his product. He's asking for money for the time he spends creating and servicing that product.

Not sure what the hell the point of your post was.

Quote Originally Posted by snapT0rmentt View Post
    lllidan got demonized when he absorbed the power of Gul'dan's skull in Warcraft 3. Before that he was a regular Nelf jailed fo 10,000 years. Medivh's avatar of sargeras stuff happened much before Warcraft 3. Hence long before is pretty accurate.
    Let alone you proved why it isn't Illidan in the first sentence. Illidan didn't become demonic until he absorbed the power of Gul'dan's skull. Kind of hard for him to do that, while ya know, Gul'dan is still alive in the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    That CGI.... I smell Visual Effects Oscar!