Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Currently unsubbed but i have 1 char with 24k achievement points and like 400 days played.

I know the "as long as you have fun its all good" applies here, but i cant help but feel i wasted 400 days (24h) = 10.000 hours on a game that will die within the next what, 5 years? Achievements? Gone. Effort? Gone. "reputation"? Non existent.

How do others look at this?
    Time spent watching TV is time wasted? Time spent watching movies is time wasted? Time spent reading a good book or listening to music is wasted?

Ultimately we are all wasting away. It's not about the achievement points; it's about whether you had fun while you played. Did you make any friends? Any fond memories? What more are you expecting from a game?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently unsubbed but i have 1 char with 24k achievement points and like 400 days played.

I know the "as long as you have fun its all good" applies here, but i cant help but feel i wasted 400 days (24h) = 10.000 hours on a game that will die within the next what, 5 years? Achievements? Gone. Effort? Gone. "reputation"? Non existent.

I don't look at it as depressing as you. It is the same as with a hobby, really. And that is WoW is to many. If it's gone, it's gone. I have more than 400 hours, just on one character, and I don't really care. The game has given something to me through those hours, instead of something else, which could have same time use but different effect.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I've taken on a lot of things that were only memories 5 years down the line. Maybe you should try art or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

this sadness when people realise that wow is just a game and never will be anything more and that noone cares about you account/achievments besides you now you know why most of players stick to lfr

Yes, it's time wasted. With your type of personality, that is. You need to change your attitude because I can assure you that the way you are, pretty much all you do is time wasted, it's not just WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of my /played time spent in WOW is time spent waiting Dungeon/BG/Arena queues and Auction House scans/mass AH reposting and flying from A location to B location in windowed mode while Alt+Tabbed

(Thanks to Addons who make Queue pop sound much louder like DBM-PVP module)

So i dont think that ppl should take /played time statistics seriously. And from other hand during MOP/WOTLK/Cata i taked couple of 8-11month breaks from WOW, was subscribed evry month only during WOD, cas i have tons of gold that i proly dont need and spent them on mounts and tokens.

And during summer i was so busy with IRL stuff that was playing only for about 30mins each week.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-05-16 at 11:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    time spend in all games is wasted.
    games are here to waste time and keep you entertained.
    but if you really FEEl that it is wasted, then you are doing something wrong.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Man enjoying self on internet told that he is wrong. News at 11.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I look at it as cheap entertainment. What would you have done with all of those hours? Volunteered in Kenya?

15+ Year Old Account
    Same here and don't regret it at all.

It gave me alot of pleasure. And will also do so with Legion and xpac(s?) to come.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Lol, no...
    Things I feel are a waste of time don't have a place in my life. WoW is not a waste of MY time. If it is a waste of YOURS, then you need to become better at managing your time and making wise decisions.

Deleted
    You can compare it to life.
    We all live and invest time into it.
    But we all will eventually die.
    Why is life worth living? Because of the people you meet, the fun you have, the successes you achieved.
    The same applies to World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    I look at it as cheap entertainment. What would you have done with all of those hours? Volunteered in Kenya?
    That's basically the jist of the situation: If you weren't going to specifically be doing something "far more productive, anyway" then no time is ever wasted that can't be immediately shown to have prevented you from achieving something of greater value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Incorrect. Time spend on technology advances pushing forward till the point that death is solved isn't wasted. From developing fight to the last step.
    And only a tiny few people with a small country's GDP will be able to afford the treatments. Also, becoming an 80/20 Cyborg that can leaf from rooftop to rooftop without special training isn't cheap, either. Oh, and your grandkids aren't all going to have their own spaceships and commute to the Moon for work, sorry.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Time spent having fun is never time wasted.

Deleted
    this is pretty much the answer to the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah looking back to the early years of playing WoW I definitely wasted too much time on WoW but hey, it was fucking fun so could you blame my stupid teenager self? Now I'm more conscious about spending my time. It's still mostly just playing video games but as the days go by I wish I were ambitious enough to actually do something meaningful for once like go to college, get myself a real job, and start the cruel game that is life. Been working at the same mediocre job for about 6 years now I think. I fucking hate it here but the pay is good and the benefits they give me are great. It's one of the few jobs anymore that provide a pension. Also it's like a 5 min drive from where I live. It's a customer service type job and the people that come in here are either so frustratingly stupid or they're just assholes. So I feel like I'm stuck. I want a new job badly but I don't want to lose my vacation days, benefits, or the good pay I'm getting. I hate it.

Anyway I'm rambling off now. The past is the past. No point in worrying about it, nothing you can do to change it other than change your ways now if that makes you feel any better.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

how is this different than any game?

How is this different from most entertainment activities in life.

try harder op.

Don't play something you don't enjoy. If you enjoy it, it's time that is spent having fun, which is worthwhile. Even if it's not "productive" which is what you're getting at, doesn't mean it is a "wasted" experience.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Don't play something you don't enjoy. If you enjoy it, it's time that is spent having fun, which is worthwhile. Even if it's not "productive" which is what you're getting at, doesn't mean it is a "wasted" experience.
    This is pretty much how I look at it. Life is all about enjoying yourself and being happy. If playing WoW does that for you then your time is not being wasted because you're enjoying yourself. Just like how people enjoy watching the news and sports games all day.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

If the game kept going on lknger would you feel better about it? If not then who cares if it shuts down tomorrow or next decade. Imagine if you could track your entire life. The amount of time spent doing many things you don't care about or do nothing to improve your life or anyone elses life. Playing WoW isn't about finding purpose in life it is a game to play for fun, don't try to make it more then jt is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."