Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can dig it. The more I'm seeing of it, the more I want to see it. CGI looks no different from Avatar, not sure what people are losing their minds over with that. Than again, to each their own. I do love the people complaining about lore though, yet when they give their complaints on how off they are about the actual lore.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really looking forward to the movie. I don't expect I'll love it as much as WoW,(a different entertainment type) but I'm very happy that a movie was made.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point im sure I will be happy with it. Im more worried about the financials because i want a trilogy. Warcraft 2, and Warcraft 3 Lich King edition. Ill be happy enough wit that. Though, id like for them to split the LK saga into 2 movies. 1 on Arthas growing up and his descent into madness. 1 on us taking him down wrath timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

I could easily see there being 6+ movies. They could probably make 10 with as much depth as the Lord of the rings movies without creating new lore.

I honestly can't even comprehend why people think the orc CG looks bad.

Deleted
    I really want to see it ASAP
    But do I want to see it so much that I would pay for a movie ticket and go outside?

omg i wish i could see this in the movie theater. every time i see a new video on it i get more and more excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    because hating anything and everything blizzard does is the "in" thing right now.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The orc women in particular seem (so far) ridiculous, it's like you took 90lbs supermodels and painted them green. Cringe..
    Half orc woman:

Full orc woman:

get it?

Deleted
    I'm sold, going to see it on first night screening locally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I'm still on the fence over how good the movie will be, but one thing is certain. Anyone that says this looks like Syfy channel CGI is either high as fuck, legally blind, or a massive troll.
    Or they are people that judge movies before they come out or haters.
    But yeah, they are also probably high as a blind troll.

This movie looks fuckin awesome. It's going to be fun to watch. Why are people complaining so much? It's insane. The orcs look amazing, the humans are fine, acting is fine. What do you want, an oscar winner? It's as if it's impossible to satisfy anyone these days. Seems theres no one excited for it, just a bunch of morons hating on a 2 hour long movie based off 2 minute snippets. Shut up and enjoy the film. You know it is not going to follow the lore 100%. Did anyone complain this much about the CGI in Avatar? No. Why bitch about this movie then? The CGI is incredible. It's a movie base off of Warcraft, what the hell do you expect? Nothing here is cringe worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    These clips increased my hype by 200%, also caused me a huge nerd-boner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    You would think people who troll MMOC might know a thing or two about Warcraft lore? Yes, it is still funny that after 50 clips where Orc women and Garona are shown to look quite different, we still keep hearing this.
    In short terms, people are stupid. Some people think this is based on WoW, or think this is some made up story for the movie. Yeah sure it is not 100% like WC1, they had to make some changes so it also would work as a movie but still.

Maybe that's the Avatar of Sargeras or a Dreadlord? I wouldn't take a Burning Legion appearance out of the picture yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    In short terms, people are stupid. Some people think this is based on WoW, or think this is some made up story for the movie. Yeah sure it is not 100% like WC1, they had to make some changes so it also would work as a movie but still.
    To a point, I'd blame the marketing team.

I've seen people genuinely confused as to who are supposed to be the main guys and if there is anything else besides orcs fighting humans. Warcraft isn't very accessible for new people, but this is supposed to be one of the simplest stories, and they've managed to make it confusing with those trailers.

As for people who think they know the lore and then expect Illidan or Arthas to show up, yeah, those are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leivah View Post
    that would be a certain someone very important being possessed by a well known demon.
    that would be a certain someone very important being possessed by the avatar/spirit of a well known fallen titan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Because it has become the "hipster hate" thing to do to hate on CG in movies now. That's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Bristae; 2016-05-16 at 03:06 PM.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Because it has become the "hipster hate" thing to do to hate on CG in movies now. That's pretty much it.
    Which is funny, because almost every movie has CGI one way or the other. Most of it just goes unnoticed.

*Spoiler Alert*

We have enough footage pieced together from last year's leaked footage, the trailers, the tv spots, the clips and behind the scenes to conclude that.

- There will be dwarves
    - There will be high elves
    - There will be draenei in the beginning of the film (leaked footage from Comic-Con)
    - That's possibly the Avatar of Sargeras.
    - There will possibly be more demons.

It's beginning to look a lot like Warcraft!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Which is funny, because almost every movie has CGI one way or the other. Most of it just goes unnoticed.
    and if a movies becomes widely known that there is CGI in it then it attracts the hipster trolls. I just don't get it.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    that would be a certain someone very important being possessed by the avatar/spirit of a well known fallen titan.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to have a negative opinion about CGI -- or what we've seen of the movie -- without immediately being labeled a hipster?

Or do we have to blindly believe the movie will be the next best thing since sliced bread, will immediately achieve cult status upon its release and will be studied for eons henceforth as the crown jewel of modern cinematic entertainment?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Is it possible to have a negative opinion about CGI -- or what we've seen of the movie -- without immediately being labeled a hipster?

Or do we have to blindly believe the movie will be the next best thing since sliced bread, will immediately achieve cult status upon its release and will be studied for eons henceforth as the crown jewel of modern cinematic entertainment?
    Nobody's saying that except you.