Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    idk why bliz doesnt just let every char have as many professions as they want

Quote Originally Posted by Jagorath View Post
    First, it being a toy is irrelevant considering the restrictions and overall measly cost of producing one loot-a-rang.

Second, yes, findle is now useless, because it's draenor bound -- it's not even non-legion bound, it's just only draenor. It's not a tradeoff, it's overkill.
    reroll engineering then?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    reroll engineering then?
    I will, but how does this make it less of a retarded decision on blizzard part ?

reroll engineering then?
    Wow, thank you for opening our eyes to this option! No really, I mean it. Nobody would have thought "hmmm, I could reroll engineering". Have any advice for people who aren't a healing class that want to do some healing?

I will, but how does this make it less of a retarded decision on blizzard part ?
    i don't think it's retarded, i feel engineering has lost too much already, it's nowhere near as good as other professions in terms of making gold, tailoring you have cloaks for all specs, you have mages/locks/priests, you have bags, you have carpets.

engineering? most stuff can be made in stacks, sure my cloak is free, but non engineers can buy a glider, belt uses share a cooldown with pots, and all you can make is guns for 1 fucking class, soon to be 2 specs in legion mm & bm hunter, and goggles? only engineers can use them! so you can only sell to people who already have that profession, there needs to be more upsides to being an engineer, if we can't sell tons of shit like other professions then at least give us some unique items non-engineers can't use, and i mean USEFUL ones not shitty bombs that don't work below level 60 lol.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Engineering skill 125 or higher is required to use the loot-a-rang toy in legion.
    Thats awesome my DK is engineer!

I thought they were changing the engineer only item, if that one still works its amazing news.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Wow, thank you for opening our eyes to this option! No really, I mean it. Nobody would have thought "hmmm, I could reroll engineering". Have any advice for people who aren't a healing class that want to do some healing?
    yeh try blood dk.

i don't think it's retarded, i feel engineering has lost too much already, it's nowhere near as good as other professions in terms of making gold, tailoring you have cloaks for all specs, you have mages/locks/priests, you have bags, you have carpets.

engineering? most stuff can be made in stacks, sure my cloak is free, but non engineers can buy a glider, belt uses share a cooldown with pots, and all you can make is guns for 1 fucking class, soon to be 2 specs in legion mm & bm hunter, and goggles? only engineers can use them! so you can only sell to people who already have that profession, there needs to be more upsides to being an engineer.
    Engineering was never good at making gold, it was always about utility and fun gadgets.
    And it's still retains all that -- mailboxes, jeeves, free glider, free healing potion, wormholes and all other fluff stuff.
    Also, with findle being now useless, you'll make even less gold from engineering.

Doesn't effect me any. The two characters I have loot-a-rangs and engineering on are melee (warrior and rogue) and I rarely used ranged abilities on them so I'm always near any targets I kill to loot. Since they're both melee, I always forget I even have the loot-a-rang so makes no difference to me if the functionality is changed. With every other character I have, none have engineering and I never bothered to get the WoD loot-a-rang so no change for me to have to run to my target to loot.

Just two more toys for my box I'll forget about and never use.

About the only time I bother with loot-a-rang and even fetch with hunter pets is if my target died on a steep hill that I can't land on to loot it myself. In that case, that's a design flaw by Blizzard where mobs killed on steep hills should automatically fall to a flatter point so they can be looted normally. Perhaps bring a point up like that with Blizzard. Either that'll change it so mobs on steep hills are lootable easier or they'll change loot-a-rang back. Whining that you can't be lazy anymore by taking two seconds to run to a mob to loot won't get the change reverted. Find an actual issue the loot-a-rang solved for you that it won't be able to do in the future. Laziness is not an issue. Knowing that there will be areas in Legion with steep hills, the issue I pointed out may be very relevant for a good many if the loot-a-rang is changed to what it is in beta now. But then again, Blizzard now mails us greens and up if they're not looted so they may not change the loot-a-rang back with my example. Only thing we lose out on are our greys and gold. But then that's a mailing issue. Blizzard had the mail send us our greys until people whined. Perhaps a setting where we can choose our threshold to receive loot in the mail? Then we'd only be missing our gold which is still a mail issue.

... So honestly, I don't see an issue. It's all an issue on Blizzard's end. Ask them to change the mail system if you're too lazy to loot your own mobs.

The only retarded decisions was WoD's complete devaluing of professions. Taking a step back from that and making professions interesting again is a great thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    You are intended to have every profession and switch between them in legion. Your analogy doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It's particularly annoying that the non-engineer one only works in Draenor. People hate it when they remove functionality, remember the waterstrider complaints? Why not say "does not work in Broken Isles" instead?

Not that it matters, as all my chars will have engineering now anyway.

You are intended to have every profession and switch between them in legion.
    Can you explain this, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Can you explain this, please?
    When you change professions, your old profession progress (recipes, level, the lot) is 'remembered' you buy a book from a vendor for some gold to change back to that remembered profession when you like.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Oh? What an awesome change!

Of course you need 125 engineering currently to use the loot-a-rang, so all my characters will have engineering regardless. But it's nice to know they can switch back at will.

the loot-a-rang from WoD doesn't require engineering to use

I'm a little lost by this topic. can you list the blue post you are referring to?

The Findle's Loot-a-Rang from WoD doesn't require engineering. That one is Draenor only in 7.0.

The normal Loot-a-Rang does require engineering and remains unchanged.

Not sure there is a blue post. Here are the items.

http://legion.wowhead.com/search?q=loot-a-rang#items

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The Findle's Loot-a-Rang from WoD doesn't require engineering. That one is Draenor only in 7.0.

The normal Loot-a-Rang does require engineering and remains unchanged.

Not sure there is a blue post. Here are the items.

http://legion.wowhead.com/search?q=loot-a-rang#items
    ahhh gotcha...so much for using that as a resource dump before legion. that value will go into the crapper.

When you change professions, your old profession progress (recipes, level, the lot) is 'remembered' you buy a book from a vendor for some gold to change back to that remembered profession when you like.
    AFAIK it only restores Legion recipes and you still have to start your progress over from level 1.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

You can remember all professions and switch between on 1 char in legion - this means you can ALWAYS be an engineer without losing out on other profs, you just need to put the effort in.
    The what-a what now?
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    The what-a what now?
    I think they mean: Make professions account-wide... regardless of which character you are currently using.
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2016-05-16 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    AFAIK it only restores Legion recipes and you still have to start your progress over from level 1.
    Seems it may be the case although the method is unaffected - keep engineering in default and rotate your secondary slot as required.

The tomes (they are different from when I remember seeing them, but as mentioned the method is still sound):

http://legion.wowhead.com/items=0.8?...66;crs=7;crv=0

You can rotate your professions for purpose of legion recipes / mastery as needed, and keep engineering as a default for it's utility.