Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    Same here, don't understand how some people have hundreds or even thousands of hours on Skyrim, I got bored after like 4.
    It's almost as if people have different tastes or something. I have over 600 hours in Skyrim, and if I ever feel like spending the ~3 hours preparing mods for it again, I'll play it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Skyrim is still being played as if it just came out today that's how good of a game it is. Yeah it has it's retarded bugs but my god is it such a good game. In matter of fact I have it for all 3 gaming platforms, 360, PS3, and just recently PC (I fucking LOVE it on PC). I originally got for 360, it was the collector's edition with the Alduin dragon statue. Then I got it on PS3 because of the Legendary Edition (comes with all the DLC) then I got the same edition for PC a few days ago (already have 20 hours put into it) since I got a new 144 hz monitor and got it for a cheap price on G2A and I'm fucking loving it. You know it's a good game when you have it on all 3 gaming platforms.

But yeah I also have games where I bought and hardly touched. I plan to get to them eventually but everytime I get tired of one game my tastes change and I no longer feel like playing that game I wanted to get to but rather this newer game and it's just a nasty endless cycle.
    It's a good game in certain aspects but I myself wouldn't call a game with a such a poor excuse of a combat system a good game. Music, scenery = great, story = average, combat = bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I've attempted to play Skyrim like, 3 times now. Each time I get up to right after meeting the old guys on that mountain, and just stop. I can't bring myself to play past that for some reason.

Otherwise, I usually make an attempt at least to play every game I buy, with some exceptions, like I bought Twilight Princess HD and only opened the package just because I was bored and wanted to see what the disc looked like, but in that case I beat the game in the past anyway, so no rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I've attempted to play Skyrim like, 3 times now. Each time I get up to right after meeting the old guys on that mountain, and just stop. I can't bring myself to play past that for some reason.

Otherwise, I usually make an attempt at least to play every game I buy, with some exceptions, like I bought Twilight Princess HD and only opened the package just because I was bored and wanted to see what the disc looked like, but in that case I beat the game in the past anyway, so no rush.
    Then don't do the main quest? That's kinda the great thing about TES and FO games, they aren't linear. Go run around and do other things.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Then don't do the main quest? That's kinda the great thing about TES and FO games, they aren't linear. Go run around and do other things.
    If something isn't a main quest, I feel like I'm wasting time honestly. It might be silly, but I try to not spend too much time on one game unless I really enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If something isn't a main quest, I feel like I'm wasting time honestly. It might be silly, but I try to not spend too much time on one game unless I really enjoy it.
    Then you're playing the wrong game, definitely. If all you're going to do is play the main quest, then don't play it at all. It's only like maybe 2-3 hours long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've got 186 hours into Skyrim.
    Psshaw, I’ve got 614.

Wait....
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Then you're playing the wrong game, definitely. If all you're going to do is play the main quest, then don't play it at all. It's only like maybe 2-3 hours long.
    I shouldn't have an issue beating it if it's that short then though.

Although to be fair the first time I quit was because my character got the vampire virus thing and I just didn't feel like curing it. It was also on the PS3.

Second time I ended up getting it on the PC after trying again, so I quit that one in favor of the PC version. Now I did a fresh install on my PC so I'll have to reinstall the game again.

I haven't played it either. I own it... one day...

I shouldn't have an issue beating it if it's that short then though.

Although to be fair the first time I quit was because my character got the vampire virus thing and I just didn't feel like curing it. It was also on the PS3.

Second time I ended up getting it on the PC after trying again, so I quit that one in favor of the PC version. Now I did a fresh install on my PC so I'll have to reinstall the game again.
    If you do play it, just do the starting Q's until you get past the "old dudes". Can't remember their name anymore, but anyway. It gives you better shout(s?). It is usually good point to go on your own way. At least that is what I usually do. Forget about the main Q for a while at that point. Go somewhere. Like... dark brotherhood quests. Send some people screaming in the void!

Or... perhaps... do a favor to some daedric prince!
    Join the thieves guild!
    Explore some dwarven ruins!
    Do the companion questline and get yourself a hairy problem... or blessing, if you like it, and go eat some people

Seriously... the mainquest sucks sweaty balls. During the 700-800 playtime I got in skyrim, I think I completed main questline perhaps once or twice. The good part of the game is elsewhere. The intersting thing too is that I still found new places as I was getting closer to that 700-800hours played. Seriously. Forget the main Q after you get stuff you need from it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's a Bethesda game, anything that IS the main quest is a waste of time... Seriously, those guys just can't write a proper story to save their life... Though the ESO is okay'ish.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you have not played skyrim yet? Didn't you at least get tempted with everyone singing its praises so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's a Bethesda game, anything that IS the main quest is a waste of time... Seriously, those guys just can't write a proper story to save their life... Though the ESO is okay'ish.
    You know, now that I think about it, a plot involving slaying dragons? That could be cool.

Slaying them by...yelling at them? That just sounds weird.

Good lore, meh gameplay.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    You know, now that I think about it, a plot involving slaying dragons? That could be cool.

The dragon-slaying-shouting wasn't the worst (though the shouts totally made magic and spells utterly invalid and useless, though it sucked terribly in Skyrim anyways), no the worst part was all the super generic clichés, horrible voice acting (why did every Nord sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger's DOWNS-inflicted cousin?) and just terrible story... Goes for all the TES games and Fallout games (which tends to reuse the same plot in all the games).

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account

One of the 2 times I actually did the main quest, I killed the final boss with a single power-attack/sneak attack with dual wielded daggers. It was anti-climactic! lol

But really, the "main game" is anything you want it to be. I enjoy making a Thief and playing like the Thieves Guild questline is the main quest, or a Sorcerer with the College as the main questline, ect...Once you get out of Helgin, anything goes. And if you use the mod "Live Another Life", you never even have to be in Helgen. You can start off as a regular guy if you want (which I usually do, just being left for dead on the side of the road).
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Deleted
    It's almost as if people have different tastes or something. I have over 600 hours in Skyrim, and if I ever feel like spending the ~3 hours preparing mods for it again, I'll play it again.
    I'm aware people have different tastes, and if you enjoy it, good for you, I can see why people would like it, my main point was that I don't really get how people spend hundreds of hours on it, but then again, I don't know to what extent you can mod it exactly, so I won't comment any further on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    I'm aware people have different tastes, and if you enjoy it, good for you, I can see why people would like it, my main point was that I don't really get how people spend hundreds of hours on it, but then again, I don't know to what extent you can mod it exactly, so I won't comment any further on it.
    Let's just say that you can battle Thomas the tank engine while riding Tommy Wiseau from The Room.
    Last edited by mmoce9a533470d; 2016-05-16 at 08:19 PM.

I've spend 400 hours on it. Two complete playthroughs, one right when the game came out, the other a year or two later with all of the DLCs (minus the house one, Hearthfire or whatever). Haven't touched it the past 3-4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not yelling at them, you're asking them to sit down in front of you so you can hack/blast them to bits.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I have both Skyrim (for PC and 360) but haven't played more than 20 minutes or so of it. The same goes for Oblivion and Morrowind, I have them as well but haven't played either of them for over an hour. :|
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!