Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    By now they have shown so many trailers and teasers that you could basically put the together and have the entire movie

Quote Originally Posted by TomDeBaere View Post
    By now they have shown so many trailers and teasers that you could basically put the together and have the entire movie
    People have known where this movie would begin and end since we were told it was the First War.

Help DBM out, for all the crap it gets and people wanting Big Wigs and other mods to be better, it has stood the test of time, is always supported well (though sometimes new stuff on by default is a PITA), and I always go back to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    Addons are supposed to be free. blizzard policy

i refuse to pay a dime

i know a lot of people love the addon, but i only use it because i'm being told to, by raid leaders ect. i prefer raiding without addons like that. it turns it into a "look at your interface"- game , rather than a proper raid

Christ all mighty are you really this stupid? the addon is FREE, he is asking for donations to help him being able to still make it, you don't have to pay for anything if you don't want to.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

7+ Year Old Account

i refuse to pay a dime

i know a lot of people love the addon, but i only use it because i'm being told to, by raid leaders ect. i prefer raiding without addons like that. it turns it into a "look at your interface"- game , rather than a proper raid
    You really have trouble reading, don't you?

The add-on will remain free, he's only opened a page where people can donate if they choose to so he can continue to support the add-on.

On that "loot glow"...any bets on when giant green, purple, and orange shafts of light start showing on corpses to indicate awesome loot drops?

i refuse to pay a dime

And turns into half the raid dies to stupid shit because if he can't afford to maintain it and just lets it go, then a non-trivial chunk of the raid community is going to die.

I swear I remember seeing that exact same GC post months ago...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    That's like sending him a large pizza once a year. I think that's not too much at all.
    Send Pizza!, Send Beer!

Anyone else remember the hate Tiny got for asking for donations?

(Yeah, I know that addon was disabled because it automated grouping and not for the donation button)

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I don't use DBM but I'd hate to see it go away like so many other decent mods I've loved over the years. I'll put some money in the pot to help. I don't mind putting a few bucks in to help developers of things I enjoy using.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Christ all mighty are you really this stupid? the addon is FREE, he is asking for donations to help him being able to still make it, you don't have to pay for anything if you don't want to.
    I know.

But i don't care

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    And turns into half the raid dies to stupid shit because if he can't afford to maintain it and just lets it go, then a non-trivial chunk of the raid community is going to die.
    I wonder how people learned to play before dbm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    Anyone else remember the hate Tiny got for asking for donations?

(Yeah, I know that addon was disabled because it automated grouping and not for the donation button)
    The "hate", as you put it, was not so much about asking for donations but for Tiny placing the beer (donation by another label) button in-game. Now if he wanted to tango with Blizzard on it, that was his own choice, but Curse refused to be a party to it.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I know.

But i don't care

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine fewer made the cut before dbm.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Nah, it will be no more annoying updates that disable to addon until you download them.
    Problem is, there is a serious competetor out there, BigWigs. Which for me works close to, or better than DBM depending on the fight. I like the idea of a Patreon for an succesfull author. But it's mostly a small step towards paywall.

To those who say "but that won't happen! he will be banned if he does!" I wonder how TSM, Zygor etc do it then

I know.

But i don't care

- - - Updated - - -

you see byfore dbm 1% wow players finish a single raid .

Happy to throw a few sheckles the guy's way. His addon is top notch and he deserves a big prop by the entire WoW community. And I've taken care of 3 people - my grandmother, mother and father as full time care giver. I completely empathize with the challenges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would like to see DBM go to the wayside. Not because it isn't helpful, but because Blizzard has always designed encounters, expecting players to come up with clever mods to help with said encounters.

The problem with that, is that in some cases encounters have been designed expecting things like DBM to be there... (lazy design). Worse yet, we have some encounters designed BECAUSE DBM was there. I think in general the ground clutter is out of control in the raiding scene... has it made things more challenging... perhaps. Has it made it more fun? Not at all.

If you don't want to donate for DBM then don't. But I see no issue at all for the author asking for donations. That's a whole lot of time spent for something a LOT of us use. There aren't many addons I would donate for, but DBM is one of them.

ILM is one of the best, but I kind of wonder what WETA would have done differently with this project.

This isn't a good/bad thing, it's a matter of style.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Personally I would like to see DBM go to the wayside. Not because it isn't helpful, but because Blizzard has always designed encounters, expecting players to come up with clever mods to help with said encounters.

The problem with that, is that in some cases encounters have been designed expecting things like DBM to be there... (lazy design). Worse yet, we have some encounters designed BECAUSE DBM was there. I think in general the ground clutter is out of control in the raiding scene... has it made things more challenging... perhaps. Has it made it more fun? Not at all.
    I wish Blizzard outlawed both addons that helped with encounters and damage meter addons.

Logs are enough to track performance. Those just make the game way less fun.

I'll gladly support the Author of DBM. We've all been taking his mod for granted for all our guild progressions for many years.