Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Tseric's departure from Blizzard is probably as close as they would ever say if someone was fired, and even then it's in question if he quit or was let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    As far as I know
    Exactly why do you think employee dismissal would be made public by either the employee or employer?

They will never publicly say someone got fired. In reality probably most of people who "left Blizzard to work on their own project/company/whatever" got fired or "you are fired but you can resign or announce that you quit for xyz".
    Last edited by Einsz; 2016-05-16 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Morhaime is too nice he doesn't want to fire anyone.
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

But making it look as if they keep anyone despite of the failures in last years gives customers a bad message too. Do they even care?
    What failures? For making things that you do not like?

People are normally released due to consistent gross incompetence or something serious, like improper conduct. Even if individual employee has shown to perform poorly, some companies usually retain the employee and tried to resolve and improve the individuals.

This is not sport team where fans can demand the removal of a manager due to one bad season or a set of results.

Rather than suggesting they are giving customers a bad message for not firing people, you are setting a bad example of the playerbase by demanding, or even suggesting the termination of employees.

They are real people working for a living with bills to pay. And here you are suggesting people should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Things that players call for firings over aren't the sort of things that actually get people fired.
    Wait a second?! You mean to tell me that Celestalon killing my spec doesn't warrant him getting fired? That's absurd, he totally does! http://www.blamecelestalon.com/

This thread proves that not only do players not understand what it takes to develop a game, they also do not understand what it takes to run a company. /thread

No employees being fired - is PR crap. They're asked to "voluntarily" go away = they're fired.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    Try this question

why isn't anyone fired because of lousy performance in game design?

I just might answer the question why WoD has only two tiers for Blizzard.
    What part of the game design performance was lousy though?

As someone who hasn't subbed to WoW since pre-Mists (though I subbed a month pre-WoD) the problems I've heard with WoD come from lack of content and Garrisons becoming too prominent. I wouldn't exactly consider this a failure of performance by the design team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

People get fired they just dont make a spectacle of it. Unless you where expecting them to be stripped naked and walked across town for everyone to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Question is why would Blizzard make it public if they were to fire an employee? For all we know they could have fired plenty of people, and just not announced it, because frankly it's non of our business.
    This sort of. Also, when it comes to high profile people, they're "asked" to step down, which could have happened with some of the people who "left". Take Rachel Dolezal my favorite transracial woman that transgendereds hate: She was a high ranking NAACP official and when I say "oh they fired her for not being black" people say no "she stepped down" when the reality was they simply called it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post

As someone who hasn't subbed to WoW since pre-Mists (though I subbed a month pre-WoD) the problems I've heard with WoD come from lack of content and Garrisons becoming too prominent. I wouldn't exactly consider this a failure of performance by the design team.
    Depends on your definition of "failure".

A lot of the comments here are based on design decisions.

But, even with those decisions, which Ion admitted were a mistake, they profited every quarter on the game. They showed that despite sub losses, they could make up for it with token and cash shop sales.

That's why nobody got fired for their design decisions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course not, but never heard of any case, because I'm sure from those 7000 employees someone would say it if it would happen, right? But yeah ok, those at the top seems to be more like a Blizzard's symbols, so I guess that's why.
    going to twitter complaining you got fired from blizzard, and making such a big deal that people would notice it enough to make it seen by most people... would make you no longer hireable for any game buisness... as really a company would not want to hire somone who got fired, and caused so much drama people saw it...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post

Holinka should have been fired from some of his posts regarding Ashran and the handling of it and not letting PR handle their job. "Ohhhhh they insulted my failed world battleground.... RAGE!!!!!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    This thread proves that not only do players not understand what it takes to develop a game, they also do not understand what it takes to run a company. /thread
    and why people say "blizzard are shit for ruining wow and making the garrisons" when really it was a small dev team.. not all of blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    and why people say "blizzard are shit for ruining wow and making the garrisons" when really it was a small dev team.. not all of blizzard...
    Isn't WoW's dev team something like 300-400 people?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Isn't WoW's dev team something like 300-400 people?
    yes but the group that made garrisons is most likely mabye 20ish people

also most AAA dev teams are in the hundreds

heck nost alone had 30 staff

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Holinka should have been fired from some of his posts regarding Ashran and the handling of it and not letting PR handle their job. "Ohhhhh they insulted my failed world battleground.... RAGE!!!!!"
    I'm not a Holinka fan, as I've thought he was a dick from day one, but I'm not entirely certain Ashran was all him. It's hard to tell - he's the public face for PvP, but is he the ultimate shot caller?

Being a dick on Twitter is not and should not be a firing offense - at worst, they should just prevent him and others like him from commenting. If being a dick on Twitter was a firing offense, Celestalon would have packed his cubicle up with a security guard watching a long time ago.

Its fairly obvious that they have fired people. Just never publicly. Blizzard tries to keep this very friendly front face where they never do anything questionable in the public eye, so to hang someone out to dry next to that friendly front is just madness.

Quote Originally Posted by njeebje View Post
    It matters to me though because when you look at how terrible WoD was those same people who worked on it then are doing the same mistakes now with yet another command table and more missions, but we'll see how it goes I guess.
    It's a totally different system. I'm level 103 and just started my second zone. You know how many missions I've done?

Three.

I've actually spent more time in my order hall upgrading my artifact than doing anything mission-related. It's not mandatory in Legion, and it's not something that will take up much of your time.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!