Getting a new PSU (for future build)

As my computer is nearing an age of six years, I figured it would be time for an upgrade. I heard that a new generation of graphics cards are around the corner, so I thought I could wait until they come out, but yesterday my PSU passed away (click here for more info). It was a Corsair VX 550W.

I was thinking that I can still wait for the new graphics cards to come out, but get the PSU for my new build now, so that I can continue to use my computer until I get the rest of the upgrades.

I’m not sure what information I should provide in this instance since I’m only getting one component. Do you want the budget for the entire build? I don’t have much insight at all in the price range of PSUs. I can say that I’m mostly going to use the build for gaming at high settings and watching of films. I also want to order from within my own country – anything imported from abroad gets a 25% VAT on anything that exceeds 200 NOK (approx. 25$/20€), so it’s not very beneficial for me to do so. In that regard, there are two price aggregators I tend to use: Prisguide and Prisjakt. Also, Komplett has an ongoing sale that could have something. Unfortunately, none of these sites seem to have an English language version, but Norwegian is quite similar, so hopefully it shouldn’t be too hard to navigate. Otherwise, feel free to let me know, and I will do what I can.

Seasonic is a good brand, something like this should be fine unless you would go SLI in future http://www.prisguide.no/produkt/seas...evo-fdb-248924

I've never had SLI or CrossFire, and quite frankly it's a bit above my aims, especially considering I probably won't be playing at a much higher resolution than 1080p, let alone 1440p.

Deleted
    I would go for this one instead, corsair RM550x.

Tiny bit more expensive, gold vs bronze, more silent. And this one should support the lower power states from haswell/skylake.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I would go for this one instead, corsair RM550x.

Tiny bit more expensive, gold vs bronze, more silent. And this one should support the lower power states from haswell/skylake.
    Actually, it's cheaper. When accounting for shipping, the cheapest options for both PSUs are both from Komplett. The Corsair has free shipping, while the Seasonic is 1 NOK short. I also like the idea that it's modular; my current one isn't, and there is a lot of excessive cable taking up space in the case.

What about this? It's also gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take the RMx over the GQ quite honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    +1 for the RMx here, I have the 650W version and it is definitely silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I'd take the RMx over the GQ quite honestly.
    That's fine and all, but care to elaborate why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    That's fine and all, but care to elaborate why?
    It's a custom Corsair design and overall better. The FSP Hydro platform isn't bad, but it's not great, so to speak. The sound profile of the RMx is also way better. Build quality of either though is fine.

I admittedly hardly understood any of that, but several of you recommend it, and reviews seem to generally favour the RMx series, so looks like the RM550x is a go.