Thread: Stellaris

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Excellent thread up on /r/Stellaris

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/c...xactly_a_full/

Hopefully the Paradox devs will give it a good look over (I know the community guys post in the reddit a lot)
    I agree. Unfortunatelly all these features will take a great amount of dev-hours to develop and release,. Knowing that I honestly am eager to see a huge Stellaris Expansion pack with at least 70% of these features and I will 100% buy it and enjoy

Btw, it's great to see it's stable playerbase on http://steamcharts.com/ long live Stellaris

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...yage.932668%2F

Some excellent, and much needed, news. Seems like they're aware of the main issues people have with the game and already have solid plans for addressing those.

There is something satisfying about winning a war against an empire that annoyed you for a while. Seriously, these jackasses decided to make one colony basically in behind of my territory and doing so blocked path between one part of my empire to another since I had made some colonies further away. My construction ships and science ships were unable to get home from there. Not to mention I couldn't allow them to expand there. Now that the war ended they do still have one planet left, but rest of their people are now slaves. I fully intend to finish the job.

Also! I was under impression that if a race is enslaved, they can't create factions. I'm sure I have enslaved every pop of this species I can, but there is still a faction in my list. I may have to start purge all of the pops belonging to that faction. It appeared at the moment I won the war so it may disapear now that they are all slaves, but don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    Unless they released a patch today that changed this, no, there is no way to know how much border you will lose if you nuke a frontier outpost.
    Okay, thank for the info.

Have another question now. I'm stuck between a much much powerful Falen empire and another race, same power as me. This one likes me, we have migration 30 years trade and embassy, but he wont open his border to me so I could send a science ship to go explore the rest of the galaxy (-1000 when asked to mutual border open)... soooo I'm stuck. Can I still move my ship on his territory and he'll just hate me a bit for it, or should I teach him respect and force him to open his border? Cause the other side, the Fallen Empire one, is a no-no go.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    The goverment/sector AI is really bad... I didn't bother watching it and "trusted" it but when I took a closer look at a new colonized planet, I noticed that it does some really, really stupid stuff.

I made a small colony with lots of research stars surrounding it, it needed energy to run the stations, so far so good. I set "focus on research" and what does this fucker do?
    It clears a +2 society tile and puts a Power plant on it (because it needs energy), yet there were 2 +1 energy tiles already cleared since day 1.
    The Sector was set on "Respect Tile Ressources" too.
    I noticed that too the Sector AI is only good to manage already developed planets rather new colonized ones, since i noticed that i was just doing a routine of colonize 5 planets, develop them and let the sector handle it after it before doing the next 5.

Im also dissapointed in that when you mark a sector for military development it will build spacestations but dont develop them further to rank 6 or anything also the placement of the defense platforms that the AI builds on its own a rather nonsenical at times.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2016-05-16 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post

Have another question now. I'm stuck between a much much powerful Falen empire and another race, same power as me. This one likes me, we have migration 30 years trade and embassy, but he wont open his border to me so I could send a science ship to go explore the rest of the galaxy (-1000 when asked to mutual border open)... soooo I'm stuck. Can I still move my ship on his territory and he'll just hate me a bit for it, or should I teach him respect and force him to open his border? Cause the other side, the Fallen Empire one, is a no-no go.
    I'd kill the said ingrate. They are standing in the way of your empires greatness. Friendships are nice and all, but now it has become a shackle! Just put on your best politician smile (if your race has a face that can make a smile) and calmly stab your friend in the back.

What is best in life!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9buo9Mtos

I like your way of thinking... to WAR!

Deleted
    Won my first war against a Fallen Empire earlier, took a while to grind them down, but came out on top in the end, the Ring Worlds are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post

The diplomatic game is currently very weak. Your best bet is to simply conquer him and move past, and be ready to repeat the process as many times as there are ai factions in the game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    How I usually go about expanding is colonizing the planet, clear all blockers and set up every single building I want in each tile. Then I add it to a sector and let them handle it. Turn on migration and pops will move around great. I typically keep a large Gaia planet loaded up with Food production. The pops that grow there move elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...yage.932668%2F

Some excellent, and much needed, news. Seems like they're aware of the main issues people have with the game and already have solid plans for addressing those.
    Thats awesome. Paradox has a decent track record when it comes to supporting their games as well.

I would like to note that the game is no where near bad, but there is room for so much more.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    There is something satisfying about winning a war against an empire that annoyed you for a while. Seriously, these jackasses decided to make one colony basically in behind of my territory and doing so blocked path between one part of my empire to another since I had made some colonies further away. My construction ships and science ships were unable to get home from there. Not to mention I couldn't allow them to expand there. Now that the war ended they do still have one planet left, but rest of their people are now slaves. I fully intend to finish the job.

Also! I was under impression that if a race is enslaved, they can't create factions. I'm sure I have enslaved every pop of this species I can, but there is still a faction in my list. I may have to start purge all of the pops belonging to that faction. It appeared at the moment I won the war so it may disapear now that they are all slaves, but don't know yet.
    Slave factions are indeed a thing, but due to some apparently game-breaking bug discovered just before release, slave revolts are currently disabled. So don't get too attached to enslaving everyone, they might very well rise up at some point in the future when it is re-enabled.

:/

I suppose it will mean mass purges eventually... that or I give them their pitiful planets back since my race can't even live on them. Then I shall bombard them. The entire planet shall be cleansed in fire.

The sector AI is kind of baffling at some points.

Integrated a vassal, then purged the disgusting alien populations from their filthy planets after placing at least 1 robot in each of them. Some of them had 0%-10% habitability to my humans though, so I just sent a bunch of robots there before handing them over to the sector AI.

The inspired AI, apparently very concerned that its robot planets' populations weren't growing as fast as they could be, decided to replace most of the final-tier power/research/mineral buildings with increasingly higher tiers of farms. On a planet where nobody consumes food. A solid THIRD of one of the planets was converted into farms before robots managed to populate all of it. It still keeps the farms, though... yeah, cool 26 food surplus you got there. Kept the the Slave Processing Facility too, even though I have abolished slavery...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe sure you're investing energy and minerals into your sectors.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Won my first war against a Fallen Empire earlier, took a while to grind them down, but came out on top in the end, the Ring Worlds are cool.
    Discovered my first Ring World tonight. It was an abandoned "Nature Preserve" that had developed native civilizations. The system warned me to stay away and that my sensors were lying about life on board... so thats about all I saw of it. =)

Then I discovered a Fallen Empire on the other side of the galaxy with rings.

Too bad the midgame bores the !@#$ out of me. I'm either too strong and everything is too easy to roll over, or my expansion was curtailed early and I'm just treading water til the inevitable lost war/empire.

I'm almost wishing for a mod that SLOWS expansionism down a little so there's a little room to manuever in the early-ish midgame. Paradox stated that they're aware of this issue in comparison to EU4/CK2 though, so hopefully they can come up with a solution.

Deleted
    Had to restart / download a mod that fixes the Swarm. It seems like sometimes (or always?) the planet bombardment event won't trigger and you can't get rid of them.
    That was really annoying.

Does anyone know if Vassals actually grow/try to grow in size?

I liberated some systems, made them my Vassal, gave them about ~20k ressources each but he wouldn't grow. He wouldn't build a fleet bigger than ~1,5k either.
    Is it because I'm "peaceful + materialist" and I need to create/uplift a warmongering Vassal? Or are they unable to declare war on their own?
    I'm pretty sure they could do that in CK2 if I'm not mistaken but I guess it would be impossible to do it in Stellaris, since you can actually demand planets/vassalization as a defending empire, while in CK2 the defending party would get a hefty sum of money if the attacker has to give up.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-17 at 04:25 PM.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...eports.933321/

New hotfix being tested atm, launch for all aimed at 1-2 days from now. It fixes the scourge planet bug!

One thing annoys me. This warscore thing. You can only set stuff up to 100. Usually this means about three planets to you if you win. What if i want to burn their entire empire to ash and that I have no intention of stopping until that. War doesn't start, if you don't choose demands... or can you leave your demands empty?

Gah... anyway. I can't go about conquering these disgusting aliens and putting them to work afterwards for the greatness of my empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    One thing annoys me. This warscore thing. You can only set stuff up to 100. Usually this means about three planets to you if you win. What if i want to burn their entire empire to ash and that I have no intention of stopping until that. War doesn't start, if you don't choose demands... or can you leave your demands empty?

Gah... anyway. I can't go about conquering these disgusting aliens and putting them to work afterwards for the greatness of my empire.
    The game does need a planet glassing option in general.