In-Game Clan System???

Tried to search for this subject, but didn't see anything relevant.

Does anyone know if they're going to have some type of "Clans" section and/or system. I guess compare it to like CoD or Battlefield, how you can keep your username, but than just change up your Clan Tag.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any type of information about this. I know they'll have ranked play in the near future, so my guess would be YES, we'll get leaderboards and stuff like that.

But just thought it was worth asking the masses

Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    Tried to search for this subject, but didn't see anything relevant.

Does anyone know if they're going to have some type of "Clans" section and/or system. I guess compare it to like CoD or Battlefield, how you can keep your username, but than just change up your Clan Tag.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any type of information about this. I know they'll have ranked play in the near future, so my guess would be YES, we'll get leaderboards and stuff like that.

But just thought it was worth asking the masses
    it might be a good idea , but once yr up against an elite group it kinda ruins the game wouldnt it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    it might be a good idea , but once yr up against an elite group it kinda ruins the game wouldnt it ?
    Not really sure what you mean by that??? I'm just curious if it'll have more of the "presentation" I guess you can call it....so the 6 players on a team would all be sporting their clan tags like how it is in CoD & Battlefield.

Now in ranked play, i'm sure it'll match your team skill vs others team skill, so you probably won't play "elite" clans unless you're at their level. But I actually enjoy playing better clans sometimes, especially if they'll actually hang around and give you pointers and stuff like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    There will not be any clans at launch, and unless I missed something, Blizz has declined to comment on the topic despite dozens of threads being created to ask about clans during the beta process.

I'd bet that it will end up like D3 and SC2, which means it will eventually have clan support in some shape, form, or fashion, but you'll be on your own for a while.

especially if they'll actually hang around and give you pointers and stuff like that.
    you just ruined the game with that comment

lets dissect it ,
    1 you have a brain and you should use it
    2 you can use it to gain experience in life with everything
    3 you now thrown away the very core of who you are away for a fast food get fat soon idealism
    * meaning you just pointed out how lazy you are *
    4 what you maybe wanted to say was , i love to hang out with famous people because i'm young and want to be recognized by others and feel good about myself
    basically yr still growing up or maturing i'm guessing
    5 a game is for you to overcome a difficulty yourself and learn from it , no matter how long it takes
    6 for you to say , i want them to give me pointers is ridicules
    * what happened to observation ? what happened to anticipation ? what happened to getting lucky on a guess ?
    you think people giving you pointers makes you better for some reason ? *
    7 pointers are cookie cutters tactics
    8 if you wanna ruin a game then give everybody a cookie cutter tactic get the game on lock from 1 point and now everybody can enjoy this game ruining method
    i have experienced a couple of ways to put freeze the game in its track and it felt so overpowering it was just monstrous how the other team couldnt do fck all
    You really want some pointers on that do ya ?
    i wouldnt dare to even think being the other team and experiencing that event
    9 the chat exploded with rage after seeing it happen
    10 personal experience is what matters and the fun , but stepping over the line and just ruining the game for the other players is where i draw the line
    11 the way the game is now is just fine , apart from the mass disconnect every 2 minutes was damn annoying

Not really sure what you mean by that??? I'm just curious if it'll have more of the "presentation" I guess you can call it....so the 6 players on a team would all be sporting their clan tags like how it is in CoD & Battlefield.

Now in ranked play, i'm sure it'll match your team skill vs others team skill, so you probably won't play "elite" clans unless you're at their level. But I actually enjoy playing better clans sometimes, especially if they'll actually hang around and give you pointers and stuff like that.
    The issue is with SoloQ, since all formats mix it with teams. While it is true it tries to match based on MMR/Rank, a team with lots of individuals facing a team with the same clan name might have an impact on people leaving or being discouraged.

Not personally saying that is a reason to not to have them, but I could see it being a problem for some. People already judged based on simply level in the beta, add in a tag, and that just confirms they are a "pre-made".

But as long as the system matches group size and there is the population to support it, that should not really matter anyway as both teams will be in similar sized groups and skill levels, and ready to rock.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

lets dissect it ,
    3 you now thrown away the very core of who you are away for a fast food get fat soon idealism
    4 what you maybe wanted to say was , i love to hang out with famous people because i'm young and want to be recognized by others and feel good about myself
    5 a game is for you to overcome a difficulty yourself and learn from it , no matter how long it takes
    * what happened to observation ? what happened to anticipation ? what happened to getting lucky on a guess ?
    8 if you wanna ruin a game then give everybody a cookie cutter tactic get the game on lock from 1 point and now everybody can enjoy this game ruining method
    i have experienced a couple of ways to put freeze the game in its track and it felt so overpowering it was just monstrous how the other team couldnt do fck all
    10 personal experience is what matters and the fun , but stepping over the line and just ruining the game for the other players is where i draw the line
    11 the way the game is now is just fine , apart from the mass disconnect every 2 minutes was damn annoying
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU BABBLING ABOUT?!?! Cookie Cutters and Using My Brain???
    So it's stupid to listen to players who may be more experienced/skilled than you for some tips and tricks to a game that you're trying to be competitive at? Oh how foolish of me to just instead lose 30 matches and trying to figure out wtf I have been doing wrong, as oppose to possibly befriending some of my former opponents in the spirit of getting some extra knowledge and learning some new things to improve my performance.

Don't understand how a single part of that would have anything to do with ruining the game............Not to mention, that whole pile of shit you just spewed out had practically NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

But great job at being a dick, dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    ...what?

It's hard enough slogging through that alphabet soup that you call a post, but beyond that your entire point seems to be that "learning from other people" is somehow bad?

Ok, great. Thanks for the insight.
    I almost quit reading after like #2, but it was really entertaining me as I kept going down the list.

Yes, apparently I am lazy and ruining the game because I am open to feedback from higher skilled players than myself. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    The issue is with SoloQ, since all formats mix it with teams. While it is true it tries to match based on MMR/Rank, a team with lots of individuals facing a team with the same clan name might have an impact on people leaving or being discouraged.

Not personally saying that is a reason to not to have them, but I could see it being a problem for some. People already judged based on simply level in the beta, add in a tag, and that just confirms they are a "pre-made".

But as long as the system matches group size and there is the population to support it, that should not really matter anyway as both teams will be in similar sized groups and skill levels, and ready to rock.
    Yea I could see how people will be annoyed when they get destroyed by the other team and realize it's an organized Clan on the opposite team.....it's like any other shooter where you lose 6 straight matches and realize your opponents all share the same Tag, so it's You and randoms from matchmaking vs an organized clan. lol

But since there will be ranked play, I feel like it'd make sense to allow Clans to represent themselves; and sure they'll go pub-stomping sometimes, but that just goes with the territory when a game wants to be Competitive, yet still keep the Casual gamers happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    ...what?

It's hard enough slogging through that alphabet soup that you call a post, but beyond that your entire point seems to be that "learning from other people" is somehow bad?

Ok, great. Thanks for the insight.
    you have no idea how bad it can get

10+ Year Old Account
    you have no idea how bad it can get
    How bad what can get? You thinking you are famous? Since that is actually what I got the impression from your previous post..... Congrats you have been quoted in a post on a forum.... you are famous, now please dont teach some one else how to do that, since they all should have brains to figure it out.... Some people actually like helping other people, hell wonder why the fuck your mother (or who ever did) potty trained you, you have a brain....

lol Prothynyas just seems to be some angry little troll who just likes to ramble on about nothing so people will talk back to him.

Don't pay that sad little man any attention

10+ Year Old Account

lets dissect it ,
    lol what drugs are you on
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

[QUOTE=GoKs;40359290] You thinking you are famous? [QUOTE]

am i famous ?
    cuz im pretty sure i am not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    lol what drugs are you on
    dont do drugs

Deleted
    You should start taking drugs and by drugs I mean prescribed medicine cause you have issues.

See the man got a point and after that it's all about esports xD

lol Prothynyas just seems to be some angry little troll who just likes to ramble on about nothing so people will talk back to him.

Don't pay that sad little man any attention
    whats with that picture you got > Oo everybody has the same one

There'll probably be a clan system in the future, that'd be pretty cool

yes please. I'm fine with there being a link to the clan like on the forums, but not having something in-game is such a pain

Deleted
    It will be interesting to me if they have leaderboards, since they will perhaps do them differently than from what we've seen from other games
    It's Blizzard after all, and they're quite innovative

They already re-arranged the otherwise classic scoreboard that all other shooters have