Okay so, I was testing some PvP on that server, with Counterstrike Totem, we can pretty much win any Duel, but if it goes down, we face a lot of danger, in all of my fights, it did at least 30%+ of my damage. Played against Fury, Havoc, Ret, WW, mostly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Okay so, I was testing some PvP on that server, with Counterstrike Totem, we can pretty much win any Duel, but if it goes down, we face a lot of danger, in all of my fights, it did at least 30%+ of my damage. Played against Fury, Havoc, Ret, WW, mostly.
    Not surprised. 100% of all enemy damage done within 20 yards directed unto the lowest hp enemy is insane. In arena, I wager it will be even worse, as 2 or even three dps will put all their burst together to blast their lowest hp member, combined with your own teams burst.

Or imagine it in bg. Drop it in a group fight with five enemys and watch how they die in quick successsion.

Or imagine it in ashran... 5 shamans placing that thing with Astral Shift up will blow up multiple enemies (probably )

Cant imagine something so powerful remaining as such, or with a 1min duration/30s cd.

Ironically, it is probably one of our best defensive cds, and we seem to lack on that front a lot with the removal of SR and all the smaller cds, like HST, mitigation tier, healing tier, feral spirit heal etc. Still crossing my fingers for that, or I'll have to roll a different spec for pvp.

To anyone that has done any number crunching, I know that tuning is yet to come, but how do our talents stack up against eachother atm? I know currently that Boulderfist is incredibly overtuned so we'll ignore that tier for now, but how do talents like tempest and landslide stack up? Same for Sundering vs AS/Lightning Shield, and Empowered Stormlash against the other two talents. Also, does Earthen Spike see any use at all against Ascendance?
    Just hoping we don't get sorta pigeon holed into a bit of a 'cookie cutter' build

Hot Hand
    If Lava Lash is free and Stormstrike is on cool down, what are we supposed to spend Maelstrom on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    Hot Hand
    If Lava Lash is free and Stormstrike is on cool down, what are we supposed to spend Maelstrom on?
    Sundering and Overcharge come to mind as talent options.
    Sundering has it's annoying knockback though and I believe wordup said AS is performing slightly better, though I am not sure that would also be the case for aoe.
    Overcharge meanwhile has to compete with powerful tempest and landslide, which I believe perform both better, plus by not taking tempest we actually take away an additional MS spender.

That said, as I read the hot hands talent... "melee attacks with flametongue active"
    Does this include auto-attacks?
    Stormstrike will surely proc it
    Probably not LL itself, or we could LL spam as long as FT is active.

is it 100% chance on melee attacks with FT active?

If it is only a chance, not a guarantee, then we would spend MS after consuming the hot hands buff, provided all else is on cooldown/we having lots of MS.

I wish Lava Lash in legion used the Lava Burst animation particles. The current animation is virtually invisible, you just hit with the hammer and a tiny orange circle like frost shock's tiny blue circle forms on the target dummy.

I also want my old Windfury tornado animation back.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    Sundering and Overcharge come to mind as talent options.
    Sundering has it's annoying knockback though and I believe wordup said AS is performing slightly better, though I am not sure that would also be the case for aoe.
    Overcharge meanwhile has to compete with powerful tempest and landslide, which I believe perform both better, plus by not taking tempest we actually take away an additional MS spender.

That said, as I read the hot hands talent... "melee attacks with flametongue active"
    Does this include auto-attacks?
    Stormstrike will surely proc it
    Probably not LL itself, or we could LL spam as long as FT is active.

is it 100% chance on melee attacks with FT active?

If it is only a chance, not a guarantee, then we would spend MS after consuming the hot hands buff, provided all else is on cooldown/we having lots of MS.
    Haven been on Beta for 2 days, cant guarantee im 100% correct:

Sundering is a decent AoE for what it does. The only downside is the knockaside effect, which makes it pretty much "meh" for PvE currently. Nontheless it deals a good amount of damage.
    I didnt test Overcharge, but it puts us more into the current playstyle that we've been having for years now. Gotta play around with it to say more about it. Other than that you are correct with tempest and landslide - Landslide is better in the beginning and Tempest is too good with later gearstages/doomhammer traits.

Flametongue proccs on every hit you make while it is up. That includes Stormstrike, Lava Lash and auto attacks. Hot Hands, as far as I know, is a proc. It may very well be possible to chainspam Lava Lash with Hot Hands (not yet tested by myself).
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Sundering could just stun for like 2 seconds instead of knock aside...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Flametongue proccs on every hit you make while it is up. That includes Stormstrike, Lava Lash and auto attacks. Hot Hands, as far as I know, is a proc. It may very well be possible to chainspam Lava Lash with Hot Hands (not yet tested by myself).
    The tooltip wording made me think it procced of the melee attack while the character is imbued by FT, not of FT itself.
    The thought of it proccing from FT actually didn't cross my mind, but that'd be an option as well.

Cant imagine a 100% proc chance though, especially through LL. Wordup said in one of his vids that HH-LL is pretty close to a baseline stormstrike. Considering it costs half the MS baseline/free with proc, I'd imagine it could/would make for a LL-spam-24/7 build.

Anyone here who can do some pvp tests for survivability, preferably without Counterstrike up? I am rather worried we're gonna be class cannons, esp against casters.

Edit:
    The current wow-head legion version of Astral Shift says:
    1.5m cd, 40% dmg reduce, 6s duration

Is that correct? I thought it was a melee bubble with additional spell dmg vulnerability or something?
    Last edited by mmoc593e7db3da; 2016-05-19 at 09:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I think just the Therzane parts are new. Too bad they still havent fixed the beginning of the quest. The rest of the Earthen Ring looks pitiful not being able to cast basic heal and fire spells.
    It should be obvious why that is though, those guys never actually level up, so they never learn new spells. Since the class trainer no longer teaches them either, they have no way of gaining spells they didn't appear with
    edited sig because wow that was out of date

In regards to Hot Hand it's 3.5 (Hasted) RPPM so you won't be getting enough to lock you out from spending Maelstrom for more than a brief period.

When it comes to Sundering its damage is fine for burst AoE but between the knockback and the obscene MP cost, and the loss of Swiftness which increases that gap of MP by losing autos in the process, it's really a hard sell for a talent.

I don't like losing lightning shield. I want my pretty orbiting orb back without having to talent for it ;*(

They should also give us shamanistic rage and ancestral guidance baseline, god knows we need the mitigation.\

What's the word on Overcharged? How does it fit in rotationally? I like being a spellblade archetype so I'm keen on having more spell casts in my rotation.

Anyone here who can do some pvp tests for survivability, preferably without Counterstrike up? I am rather worried we're gonna be class cannons, esp against casters.
    Can try to do that tomorrow after the servers are back up. I'm not much of a PvP player though.

Edit:

Is that correct? I thought it was a melee bubble with additional spell dmg vulnerability or something?
    The 1.5m cd and 40% dmg reduce for 6s is correct.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Astral Shift is the baseline tool, what you're thinking of is the PvP talent Ethereal Form

Wordup, just a quick question concerning the rotation on beta currently:

Is it worth it to use Crash Lightning for the extra damage on SS while playing with Hailstorm? Im currently trying out Crashing Storm for singletarget and got some ranks into the Doomhammer Trait for the extra damage and I was wondering if it is fine to weave in some Crash Lightnings when playing with Hailstorm.

*tips m'fedora*

Wordup, just a quick question concerning the rotation on beta currently:

Is it worth it to use Crash Lightning for the extra damage on SS while playing with Hailstorm? Im currently trying out Crashing Storm for singletarget and got some ranks into the Doomhammer Trait for the extra damage and I was wondering if it is fine to weave in some Crash Lightnings when playing with Hailstorm.
    For pure single target no, that's not worth the trade-off in Maelstrom/GCD over just keeping up with Maelstrom management and spending with Lava Lash. Relic combinations have the potential I suppose to push that however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is enhancement so mobile to deserve nerfs?

Enhancement

Spirit Walk Removes all movement impairing effects and increases your movement speed by 60% for 8 (was 15) sec. Can be cast in Ghost Wolf. Shaman - Enhancement Spec. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.

Maybe Lightning surge totem will become useful for real in pvp.
    Last edited by Xanda; 2016-05-20 at 02:17 AM.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    Is enhancement so mobile to deserve nerfs?

Enhancement

Spirit Walk Removes all movement impairing effects and increases your movement speed by 60% for 8 (was 15) sec. Can be cast in Ghost Wolf. Shaman - Enhancement Spec. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.

Maybe Lightning surge totem will become useful for real in pvp.
    With Ghost Wolf, a charge and Roar through a talent, we were imo decent in terms of mobility. I think that this is purely a PvP nerf though. I didn't test PvP yet, so I cant really say a lot about the mobility there.

*tips m'fedora*

10+ Year Old Account
    With Ghost Wolf, a charge and Roar through a talent, we were imo decent in terms of mobility. I think that this is purely a PvP nerf though. I didn't test PvP yet, so I cant really say a lot about the mobility there.
    From what I heard we have an average mobility but subpar defense (in pvp at least, where healing surge is pretty low). I still think we need Shamanistic Rage back, this is basically my only wish at the moment.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

I personally think that SR would be better, but I wouldn't be against a cooldown reduction on Astral Shift at all. Maybe set it to 1 minute like SR was. Its 10% stronger but has a shorter duration. Would help a bit imo, but I guess the Doomhammer Trait would need a nerf then. Maybe a slight pvp increase to self heal via surges would help too if we're really that bad in terms of survivability.

*tips m'fedora*