Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

[Megathread] Steam Summer Sale 2016

​Mod Notes: Don't post to beg for games*, memes (after sale has started), or anything else that can get you infracted.
    *You can try to trade with others if you want (try to use the
    Steam Trade Thread though) just don't go begging for someone to buy a game so you can trade them.

Yup, you guessed it, that time is year is starting to roll around again. Images are starting to pop up suggesting the sale will soon be amongst us. So going to go ahead and start the thread up for people to do preliminary talks, figuring out ways to save their wallets and anymore information we can dig up beforehand. As with the past few sales I'm guessing their will be some "meta game" associated with trading cards again.

So the question is........are you and your wallet ready?

http://i.imgur.com/x4f1Bex.png
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/16/116...016-dates-leak
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comme...3_and_ends_on/

Estimated dates are June 23rd thru July 4th.

It might be like last winter sale when there were no flash sales and instead the same sale all event long..

For all your Steam users who have become accustomed to the tradition. Here are your traditional images I'll leave here till the sale starts then I'll place the "Sales of the Day" post like I did for the winter one.

Deleted
    Without flash or daily deals, Steam sales aren't particularly interesting anymore. For me, it's all about GoG or PSN now.

I think I have like 400 things on my wishlist, so much so that my wishlist has become unnavigable. It will still remind me what is on sale though and for the first time in my life...I'm scared.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

This is just so wrong. Going to report this thread. A mod needs to close it quickly because my wallet is not capable of such abuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I think I have like 400 things on my wishlist, so much so that my wishlist has become unnavigable. It will still remind me what is on sale though and for the first time in my life...I'm scared.
    Yes, they really need some more options for the wishlist. At least 2 different categories, like "games I really want" and "games I've seen once somewhere, they looked interesting, and I don't want to forget them completely, but I have no idea if I'll ever get them".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    Yes, they really need some more options for the wishlist. At least 2 different categories, like "games I really want" and "games I've seen once somewhere, they looked interesting, and I don't want to forget them completely, but I have no idea if I'll ever get them".
    Something I've been rallying after for a while, especially since they gave us cards for browsing the queue during winter.

My dollars are not ready for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. I mean, good, but ugh. I've spent enough on games lately, but I have 20 games on my wishlist. Including popular indie games that I don't expect to go on sale, but maybe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    fml, I just started working last week, I'm still not ready for this! >.<
    I wonder how many bonus shark cards you get this year with GTA 5 :P

On serious note i hope Doom , will be there. Would love to play it , but im not spending 60 bucks on SP experience

Thankfully i already sorted my whishlist and i'm still going mostly indie. I just can't force myself to buy big titles like GTA5, Xcom 2 or Rise of the Tomb Raider yet while i want to play Darkest Dungeon, Azure Striker Gunvolt and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood... plus buying Quake 1 and 2 from GoG because it has the better deal with all the expansions included. (yes, it's time to give Id or whatever is taking the money for those two games after abusing isos in my teens).
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Thankfully i already sorted my whishlist and i'm still going mostly indie. I just can't force myself to buy big titles like GTA5, Xcom 2 or Rise of the Tomb Raider yet while i want to play Darkest Dungeon, Azure Striker Gunvolt and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood... plus buying Quake 1 and 2 from GoG because it has the better deal with all the expansions included. (yes, it's time to give Id or whatever is taking the money for those two games after abusing isos in my teens).
    Same. My wishlist is full of indie games, though some have reached levels of popularity that make it feel more mainstream. I mean, my favorite game on Steam is Rogue Legacy, from the company that made Don't Shit Your pants.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Same for me, but that doesn't make it unnavigable?
    Oh, hi.

theres only a handful of games im gonna get. cuz i doubt games like rise of the tomb raider, farcry primal will go on sale and if they do, only by a few bucks.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Tee-hee!

"Since "confidential" means nothing to certain Steamworks developers, Steam Summer Sale will start on June 23 and will last two weeks."

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Same for me, but that doesn't make it unnavigable?
    Sure it does, there I games on my wishlist I have never even heard of like some possessed madman has just been adding things while I am asleep. There's just too much!
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo, in time for Hearts and Iron IV. Hopefully it gets more than a 20% or more discount.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, let's hope they go back on the flash sales nonsense. I missed them super bad.
    BAD WOLF

Flash sales wouldn't be bad, but maybe they'll make it better with out them?

Went through and pruned my wishlist the other day, but even then I'm only looking at certain titles unless some others hit a nice dip. Mainly looking to get FF V, VI, XIII-3, Type-0 HD as those are the only ones I'm missing. Along with Lego Avengers. Hoping some of the other titles on my wishlist list will drop sub $10 levels to get me to start looking at them more seriously in terms of buying though.

Is this time of the year again? Oh fuck.

Anyway, will likely buy (finally) DS1 and 2 when and if they go on sale. It's time for me to die and rage at a videogame.

Other than that, maybe snatching Castlevania lords of shadows 2 if it's on sale too.

Budget is 20 euros this time. For everything.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Budget is 20 euros this time. For everything.
    Steam Sale Motto: Budgets are meant to be broken.