Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Up-Res Old Armor

With the new wardrobe and transmog system coming out, I think its about time that Blizz up the resolution on some of the older gear that is transmoged alot, like the tier sets. The Judgement set on tauren looks so pixelated I need to play gnomes or goblins for gear to look like its close to HD...

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of them end up looking like paint on their skin now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudex View Post
    With the new wardrobe and transmog system coming out, I think its about time that Blizz up the resolution on some of the older gear that is transmoged alot, like the tier sets. The Judgement set on tauren looks so pixelated I need to play gnomes or goblins for gear to look like its close to HD...
    There's always going to be some people who are angry that it's "just not as good". Nostalgia is powerful, people have memories attached to their old gear sets. Plus the art guys will want to make new stuff that's good enough to replace the old rather than invalidating all the work they put into the new gear sets. I'd be inclined to say have a remake if anything, but even then you'll get people qqing that the new x set is just a rehash.

Deleted
    People keep asking for Blizzard to put in hours and hours to update all the armor sets. Don't kid yourself it's more than just a couple of clicks by one artist. And if they do it everyone complains there is nothing to do in the game because they updated armor instead of making content.

Personally I would rather have so more dailies or something along those lines rather than updated old tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    There's always going to be some people who are angry that it's "just not as good". Nostalgia is powerful, people have memories attached to their old gear sets. Plus the art guys will want to make new stuff that's good enough to replace the old rather than invalidating all the work they put into the new gear sets. I'd be inclined to say have a remake if anything, but even then you'll get people qqing that the new x set is just a rehash.
    I just thought that maybe when they were made, they were made high-res and then scaled down. Just want the texture having a bit higher resolution

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why I argued transmog never should have been added. This "issue" is so insignificant that i doubt it even makes the top 1000 issues. What a petty thing to complain about too. With everything that's wrong with the game, you request they update old armors? What if the updated armors suck? What about the people that don't mind what the gear currently looks like?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

blah blah raid tier blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    blah blah raid tier blah blah
    This is the kind of post that keeps me browsing. <3
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't care too much, but enough to post this: It's a lot of work, it's mostly pointless and there's tons of people that will hate the new versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    And this is why I argued transmog never should have been added. This "issue" is so insignificant that i doubt it even makes the top 1000 issues. What a petty thing to complain about too. With everything that's wrong with the game, you request they update old armors? What if the updated armors suck? What about the people that don't mind what the gear currently looks like?
    It's inevitable that this would happen. Doesn't mean Transmog should never have been implemented, that's a stupid reason. It's not a bad idea to suggest. Besides even if people think the updated armor sucks, that's completely subjective.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's inevitable that this would happen. Doesn't mean Transmog should never have been implemented, that's a stupid reason. It's not a bad idea to suggest. Besides even if people think the updated armor sucks, that's completely subjective.
    My biggest issue with this is that allocating any resources to this "issue" is meaningless. They're losing subs left and right, so that implies there's more relevant things to worry about than updating 9 year old textures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    My biggest issue with this is that allocating any resources to this "issue" is meaningless. They're losing subs left and right, so that implies there's more relevant things to worry about than updating 9 year old textures.
    There's several reasons why subs are dropping and it isn't to just one issue. This suggestion while more difficult then most, it's not bad or even considered petty.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's several reasons why subs are dropping and it isn't to just one issue. This suggestion while more difficult then most, it's not bad or even considered petty.
    You're telling me updating old tier armor is going to save more subs than fixing current issues like content droughts? It's petty because updating old tier models won't bring a hefty amount of people back. We're talking double digit numbers if that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benigne View Post
    People keep asking for Blizzard to put in hours and hours to update all the armor sets. Don't kid yourself it's more than just a couple of clicks by one artist. And if they do it everyone complains there is nothing to do in the game because they updated armor instead of making content.

Personally I would rather have so more dailies or something along those lines rather than updated old tier sets.
    spoken like somebody who knows absolutely nothing about this kind of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Wouldn't care too much, but enough to post this: It's a lot of work, it's mostly pointless and there's tons of people that will hate the new versions.
    Would you say the same thing about the new race models too?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would you say the same thing about the new race models too?
    I wouldn't, some would. I guess the difference there would be that everyone uses a race, and it's (probably) a lot less work than changing tons of old gear.

I'm satisfied with them just making updated models of some old weapons. Like the sword from Archimonde, Calamity's Edge, is an updated model of Cataclysm's Edge from Hyjal Summit. And there's a staff that looks like an updated model from a staff in TBC. Sulfuras got a great new and transmoggable model in Cataclysm, etc.

Armor doesn't bother me as much. If anything it encourages players to try out the new tier sets, which actually do look pretty good. Especially paladins, hunters and warlocks had bitching tier sets this expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    i like the idea, but people wil lcomplain about anything being a "short cut" have you seen the complaints over the garrison armor from the salavage yard being based on old armor? when it first got shown of forum after forum of people pissing on blizz for "reusing content like piles of shits"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Also the warlock transmog set from the salvage yard is basically a high res version of the Dreadmist set, so there's some precedent. They may do more armor sets in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just thought that maybe when they were made, they were made high-res and then scaled down.
    I'm interested in knowing if this is the case.