Thread: 2016 MLB Thread

Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    It's going to be a slugfest in the NL West...
    Looking good after a month.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get to see Harper for the first time on Saturday. Nice 3:05 start so I can still sleep in Saturday morning and get home by 7ish

Clayton Kershaw is making what might be the only start of his career in Toronto on Sunday. It is Mother's Day. My mother hates baseball. I am sad.

Tough road trip smough road trip for the Nats. 4-0 and dominating. Best pitching in baseball from starters through relievers. You know you got it good when Max Scherzer has the worst ERA out of all your starters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodgers are giving a real whoopin' to Tampa Bay's mascot, but not faring as well against major league ballclubs.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Peavy and Cain have 1 win between them and the Giants have won 3 of their 11 starts

e: 3 of 12
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2016-05-06 at 12:26 PM.

Jays mashed Holland last night for 11ER over 2 and 2/3 innings. For reference, that's 2 less ER than Arrieta has given up since a start he made July 25th of last year (140 innings)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Jays mashed Holland last night for 11ER over 2 and 2/3 innings. For reference, that's 2 less ER than Arrieta has given up since a start he made July 25th of last year (140 innings)
    That was basically over before it even got started.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Taijuan Walker went out tonight I started sweating bullets considering the bad news the Angels got today. Also fuck ESPN for even publishing an article that ponders trading Trout.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/05/07/vid...colon-home-run

Bartolo Colon hits HR, baseball is now allowed to be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to trade for Rodney.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that pube bearded asshole Odour gets suspended for a couple of months, fucking twat.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's amazing that Bautista's face looked normal after the game. Either he's immune to bruising or Odor didn't get any weight behind the punch, despite connecting cleanly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I hope that pube bearded asshole Odour gets suspended for a couple of months, fucking twat.
    Bautista is almost just as much of a twat as Odor. He purposely did an illegal, dangerous slide because he got hit by a pitch. If you're angry about being hit, go after the pitcher that hit you, not someone else.

The announcer was hilarious when he saw the replay though: "Odor is now 2 for 5 on the day".

Also, Adrian Beltre is one of the best people in baseball. He kept that from being real ugly by bear-hugging Bautista out of the pile and kept him away.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2016-05-16 at 07:50 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I think it's amazing that Bautista's face looked normal after the game. Either he's immune to bruising or Odor didn't get any weight behind the punch, despite connecting cleanly.
    Probably the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Also, Adrian Beltre is one of the best people in baseball. He kept that from being real ugly by bear-hugging Bautista out of the pile and kept him away.
    Yep, Beltre did a lot to diffuse a stupid situation his idiot teammates created.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yep, Beltre did a lot to diffuse a stupid situation his idiot teammates created.
    Surprisingly. Bautista would have smashed Odor's face in had he not been restrained. Props to Beltre, who has always been more of a class act in the MLB than a lot of players.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Surprisingly. Bautista would have smashed Odor's face in had he not been restrained. Props to Beltre, who has always been more of a class act in the MLB than a lot of players.
    Except when people touch his head. ROFL.

Bautista is an idiot. He'd rather make a sure out on a dirty slide than allow his team a slim chance at playing on. OK. He cost the Jays a game against the Rays in April with that kind of shit.

Definitely siding with Odor on this one. Not Rangers as a whole (calling up a convicted felon for no other reason that to drill Joey Bats with a heater in his last at bat of the SEASON vs them is a faggot bitch way of doing it), but when Bats stepped up to Odor, he got shoved back, stepped up again and got what he deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

So....as a Braves fan, I stopped paying attention to this season a while back for obvious reasons (we're currently 9-29).

Saw this today:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball/braves-fire-gonzalez-as-manager/nrN5k/

I'd say we're pretty far behind to really turn things around at this point (and I'm not really sure I'd lay all the blame for the shit season on Gonzalez anyway), but it'll be interesting to see if anything decent comes of this.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-05-18 at 03:36 PM.