Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is exactly why I never understood the initial rumour of it being 50 episodes. The material for so many just isn't there. It's going to be filled with so much shit...
    Well, it is shounen.

Also, for people that enjoy that type of nonsense shounen, I recommend Aka Akatoshitachi no Monogatari.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2016-05-16 at 09:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm just watching it weekly.

I don't look forward to it, but I'm always like "I have this sandwich and nothing to watch for twenty minutes. Ah, there's Twin Exorcists!."

There's actually a lot of stuff I watch because it's sandwich length.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Deleted
    I don't even understand why the damn spirit was added. Literally adds nothing. Though I guess it can be counted as "padding" to each episode.
    Padding to each episode plus a familiar-centred arc for a few fillers in that 2-year timeskip.

My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending is a web novel I started reading recently and it has a supreme tsundere male MC.
    Why are you reading that when you could read the tales of Linley and bebe?]

- - - Updated - - -

Do xianxia authors always have their different novels share the same universe? Was just looking at A Thought Through Eternity and it's by Er Gen who has done 3 others and all 4 are in the same universe lol
    Usually it's the same multiverse for several or all novels. But in most cases it's like a short appearance from the mc's of older novels towards the end.

I wish I knew.
    I actually meant to pick Coiling Dragon back up again last night but glorious asthma got in the way. Since I've got tomorrow off, I'll try read some tomorrow, I think.
    You could give Desolate Era a shot, it's from IET, the author of CD, and it's currently translated for like 25% or so. The pacing is better than in CD, which feels really rushed at the final few books. It does lack the sol parts like the Ernst Academy arc in CD, but overall I'd say the quality is a step above CD.

I assume they appear at the end because of things like transcending their world/universe/whatever and then the MC of the current novel does the same, they meet and the first character teaches them and so on?
    Pretty much that. For in the novels of TJSS, 12 novels of him are currently being translated, all mc's ascend to gods in the same multiverse and they'll meet at the end of the novels. Sometimes there are legacies left behind by previous mc's that the new one finds. But mostly it's authors using their past works to retain old readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    that's some serious serial killer shit

- - - Updated - - -

What the actual fuck is this and why are there thousands of views?

Wait... he sits and smiles for 4 fucking hours?!
    4 hours x 207 videos = 828 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    That last chapter though.

Introducing the first ever TranslationNations Chapter Challenge.

Rule 1: Every 50 chapters we will do 5 free chapters!
    Example: We publish chapter 50 today that means that during the next 3 days on top of the regular chapters we will release 5 more free chapters

Rule 2: Every new Chapter view milestone we get 10 free chapters!
    Example: We hit 10k views for the first time per chapter that means that during the next 3 days on top of the regular chapters we will release 10 more free chapters
    Example of Rule 1 and 2 combined: We publish chapter 50 and hit 20k views for the first time per chapter that means that during the next 3 days on top of the regular chapters we will release 15 more free chapters

Rule 3: After pageviews hit 50k every milestone becomes only 5k views (there are novels getting over 100k pageviews so it is possible).
    Example: if we hit 100k Pageviews and 300 chapters that means that we have produced 180 bonus chapters… (wait can i even do this…LOL)

Rule 4: Since we aren’t superhuman if you are able to use the rules to demand more bonus chapters then we can produce then until we catch up to what we owe we will be adding chapter to the owed queue every 2 days we are behind. (but won’t this make you more behind, yes it will but i’m just a little stupid)
    Example: this novel takes off cause its amazing and 50k readers start up on it and we don’t have 50 chapters ready to go so it takes us 20 days to catch up so we add 10 more free chapters while we release like 4 chapters a day or something insane.

Lol. They fucked themselves. The synopsis for this novel makes it seem like it's right up my alley. The genres to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
    Introducing the first ever TranslationNations Chapter Challenge.

Rule 1: Every 50 chapters we will do 5 free chapters!
    Example: We publish chapter 50 today that means that during the next 3 days on top of the regular chapters we will release 5 more free chapters

Rule 2: Every new Chapter view milestone we get 10 free chapters!
    Example: We hit 10k views for the first time per chapter that means that during the next 3 days on top of the regular chapters we will release 10 more free chapters
    Example of Rule 1 and 2 combined: We publish chapter 50 and hit 20k views for the first time per chapter that means that during the next 3 days on top of the regular chapters we will release 15 more free chapters

Rule 3: After pageviews hit 50k every milestone becomes only 5k views (there are novels getting over 100k pageviews so it is possible).
    Example: if we hit 100k Pageviews and 300 chapters that means that we have produced 180 bonus chapters… (wait can i even do this…LOL)

Rule 4: Since we aren’t superhuman if you are able to use the rules to demand more bonus chapters then we can produce then until we catch up to what we owe we will be adding chapter to the owed queue every 2 days we are behind. (but won’t this make you more behind, yes it will but i’m just a little stupid)
    Example: this novel takes off cause its amazing and 50k readers start up on it and we don’t have 50 chapters ready to go so it takes us 20 days to catch up so we add 10 more free chapters while we release like 4 chapters a day or something insane.

Lol. They fucked themselves. The synopsis for this novel makes it seem like it's right up my alley. The genres to.
    I really hope it is a good novel, otherwise I'll be so disappointed.

Nisekoi 217 - I don't want it to end ;_; at least Marika will be there to make things fun

Tokyo Godathers 5/10

Slightly funny in places, but I found myself more interested in drinking the soda and eating chips in my lap than actually watching the movie. I did like how it wasn't just another battle film.

rip http://loli.dance (or maybe it's just not working right now)

hidan no aria, ok. all the other girls were better because the violent tsundere shit gets tiring after an episode

it did have this though, for the thread gods

interesting how ace attorney is the only seasonal show with high ratings
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-may-1/.102196
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-11-17/.102195
    (curious george best anime)

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    only thing grinding my gears about re:zero is subaru is basing the entire thing on the fact that he realized he died 3 times the first time (though he didn't think anything of it the first death...) and assumes the 4th death is the last, rather than assuming every death may be his last. Seems he's dropping that thought line finally though
    re:zero anime thing that annoys me is that he seems so complacent. he doesn't seem to ask questions or anything to try to learn more. he just tries to do very little and hope he can do something better. like the twin drill loli knows a shit load of magic stuff? why isn't he asking her more questions about shit. at least he asked about the poison/curse thing. she even said he really smells like the jealous witch (which the one maid said beforehand) and he's just like "ok"
    Last edited by bals; 2016-05-17 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    rip http://loli.dance (or maybe it's just not working right now)
    Worst news I have heard all month.

I'm all caught up on all the Cowboy Bebop episodes that take place before the movie; just waiting for it to arrive in Netflix and I can finish the rest of the series. In the mean time...

Assassination Classroom Episodes 1-3

This is actually pretty funny, and pretty enjoyable too! The premise is intriguing, and I want to see how the story pans out (will Kurosensei really end the world, or is he just to tell his students to do their best even when the end is nigh?). The pshyopath kid's approach was also interesting. For a show about tentacles and cute junior high students, there's a shocking lack of... you know... going on.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    re:zero anime thing that annoys me is that he seems so complacent. he doesn't seem to ask questions or anything to try to learn more. he just tries to do very little and hope he can do something better. like the twin drill loli knows a shit load of magic stuff? why isn't he asking her more questions about shit. at least he asked about the poison/curse thing. she even said he really smells like the jealous witch (which the one maid said beforehand) and he's just like "ok"
    That's exactly what's driving me nuts as well. Re: Zero anime It seems like he's taking way too long to utilize the resources he has available to him. As you mentioned, Beatrice clearly understands a great deal about magic, and he's clearly involved in something strangely magical, and yet every time he interacts with her its the same thing. He could just, you know, try some self-abasement to satisfy her and get knowledge. Or as you mentioned, she completely drops the bomb that he smells like the Jealous Witch and he doesn't even follow it up...just after it's the reason he was murdered in a previous life.

Don't get me wrong, I'm finding it entertaining enough to keep watching each week. And this last week was definitely the best episode so far. But I definitely feel like he's definitely running slow on his information gathering. From an outsider's perspective, it seems like you would be more comfortable treating one of your lives as a "throw away" to piss everybody off...if just to get what you need and then die and reset. On the flip side, the series has done a pretty good job of emphasizing that dying is traumatic, even if Subaru knows it isn't final.

Re:Zero in the most recent episode they essentially covered that. He was going to tell Emilia about how he's died before and got the shadow claw thing that made him so scared he couldn't take about it. Likely if he talks about it too much or prys into it too much to see if he can figure it out that would happen as well. That's what I took from that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Re:Zero in the most recent episode they essentially covered that. He was going to tell Emilia about how he's died before and got the shadow claw thing that made him so scared he couldn't take about it. Likely if he talks about it too much or prys into it too much to see if he can figure it out that would happen as well. That's what I took from that scene.
    re zero anime and it took 7 episodes to get to that point. where he was literally going to say what was happening to him. he can't ask about spells about coming back to life? time travel? alternate dimensions? the jealous witch? the second arc of lives he just played butler so far and didn't ask the drill loli about anything magical. and she gave him an answer about why he might have died that first time in the second arc
    Last edited by bals; 2016-05-17 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I only took away that he can't tell anybody about it. He could still indirectly inquire, unless that is somehow also covered. Either way, it doesn't explain why it took him ~12 days of re-lifes to figure that out.

- - - Updated - - -

And I see bals had the same reply.