Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Exclamation I Hate Twitch Streamers

On principle it angers me that people like Sodapoppin, Reckful, and Mitch Jones are rich. I have to fucking slave myself everyday at my job in order to make pennies just to survive, while these college dropout young punks get everything they want and contribute nothing to society. Why is no one else pissed off at such injustice?

EDIT: And it's not just streamers. I have a general deep seeded hatred for people that were born privileged.

Why are you not complaining about people such as Trump, who never would have had to work a day in his life? = inheriting hundreds of millions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    How do you feel about celebrities of other kinds? Like there are people on TV too who have done by and large the same for years.

Jealousy is a harsh thing :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Its called envy. Deal with it.

If I had to guess it's because they earned what they have countless hours put into streaming high level game play for little to no pay for in some cases even years might be hard for you understand since you look at what they have now in jealousy and it makes you angry but yea they have all put in the time to get what they have and subsequently have been rewarded.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Why are you not complaining about people such as Trump, who never would have had to work a day in his life? = inheriting hundreds of millions.
    I do hate Trump for exactly that reason as well as many others.

Deleted
    as stupid as it may sound to you, but twitchstreamers DO contribute to society. maybe not in a way that contributes your life, but the life of many others.
    they pay taxes (i hope so at least) and they entertain people. do you say the same thing about actors? or comedians?

These guys were in the right place, at the right time, with the right ideas. They put in countless hours behind the scenes to make their streams fun and exciting for all their viewers. You're just jealous. Don't get me wrong, I'm kinda jealous too, they have great personalities and are funny, and people like them... I wish I could become a popular streamer, however I just don't have the stuffed needed for it. You've gotta be either: Unique, REALLY good, or extremely attractive, or any combination of those for people to like you.

If you've got a good idea to stream, run with it... who knows, maybe you'll get lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    On principle it angers me that people like Sodapoppin, Reckful, and Mitch Jones are rich. I have to fucking slave myself everyday at my job in order to make pennies just to survive, while these college dropout young punks get everything they want and contribute nothing to society. Why is no one else pissed off at such injustice?

EDIT: And it's not just streamers. I have a general deep seeded hatred for people that were born privileged.
    The entertainment industry is very lucrative. People spend billions of dollars a year to get away from their lives for even a small amount of time. Just because you don't recognize it as valuable to society, doesn't mean that it hasn't influenced more people than you can ever dream of influencing with your hatred and bile.

EDIT: Your edit has Absolutely nothing to do with Twitch streamers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Jealousy is a harsh thing :/
    Okay you are right. I admit that I am jealous of what they have, but how is it good for a society that common people whom perform essential tasks and contribute more for society get treated the worst?

while these college dropout young punks get everything they want and contribute nothing to society
    Work 80-100 hours a week, every week of the year, skip birthdays, holydays and pretty much most other events to entertain people that are stressed and want to relax a bit or people that feel the need to interact with someone.

Get a lazy moron that will probably have any job he can do replaced by automation within 3 years shit talk you on forums because he has a "college degree" like that's a fucking achievement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    as stupid as it may sound to you, but twitchstreamers DO contribute to society. maybe not in a way that contributes your life, but the life of many others.
    they pay taxes (i hope so at least) and they entertain people. do you say the same thing about actors? or comedians?
    I don't think actors or comedians should be paid as much as they are. I think the common worker contributes more to society than them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Streamers aren't really going to come from big money. Granted, they probably didn't grow up poor if they had enough time and money to devote to streaming, but they still did earn an audience through work and effort which turned into revenue. Even if you're not a part of their target demographic, saying they didn't do anything is kind of disingenuous. I don't listen to Taylor Swift, but she still did do something to make her money if none of it was from me.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Work 80-100 hours a week, every week of the year, skip birthdays, holydays and pretty much most other events to entertain people that are stressed and want to relax a bit or people that feel the need to interact with someone.

Get a lazy moron that will probably have any job he can do replaced by automation within 3 years shit talk you on forums because he has a "college degree" like that's a fucking achievement.
    Point proven. This is what streamers think of regular people. Fuck streamers!

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    LOL running dozens of businesses is not easy work. By your post history it seems as if you haven't dabbled in the much finer aspects of life and have contempt for the people who work hard and make it big.

10+ Year Old Account
    their entire life revolves around playing video games for a living. I know, "getting paid to play video games must be rough," but you have to realize that it gets to a point where things like this can get pretty tiring over time. these people also deal with some pretty fucking stupid people and have been victim to stalker incidents I'm pretty sure. instead of being a whiny fuckboy calling this an injustice, you have to start realizing that these people are making a pretty big thing out of these streaming opportunities and people are just throwing cash at them. I honestly can't see this whole twitch streamers making a career out of their stream lasting a long time, but at the same time if they're making this much money from online streams, I can't blame them from taking a break from college.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-05-17 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    LOL running dozens of businesses is not easy work. By your post history it seems as if you haven't dabbled in the much finer aspects of life and have contempt for the people who work hard and make it big.
    Would you like another try at reading my comment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Have no problem with them earning money they do a job just a little diffrent one , but i have a smal problem with how some of them earn some of that money, becouse a few endorse some real shady shit.

Point proven. This is what streamers think of regular people. Fuck streamers!
    If you're slaving away everyday, don't waste what little free time you have posting on the forums