Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    On principle it angers me that people like Sodapoppin, Reckful, and Mitch Jones are rich. I have to fucking slave myself everyday at my job in order to make pennies just to survive, while these college dropout young punks get everything they want and contribute nothing to society. Why is no one else pissed off at such injustice?

EDIT: And it's not just streamers. I have a general deep seeded hatred for people that were born privileged.
    Quit your fucking whining. There's nothing stopping you from doing the same thing. Unless you're not funny or entertaining, which, by the tone of your post, both are probably true. I have a general deep seeded hatred for people who cant seem to mind their own business. Don't like twitch streamers? dont watch them.

If you really don't give a rat's ass about these streamers just ignore them it's that simple. Don't even make posts on the forum about them like this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Citation for what lmao that's how the world works. Taylor Swift doesn't record, produce, print and distribute her albums on her own. That's literally impossible
    She writes almost all of her own music

They've been slowly building up their subscribers over years, they've worked before and then came home and done streaming/youtube videos in their spare time. After years of hard work and having to support their hobby with a job, it's finally started to pay off and they could quit their job and do what they enjoy doing full time, making their hobby a job.

How many people have been working and wished they could do something they enjoy and get paid for it, look at a lot of these start up businesses. They are run by people who had a dream of doing something they loved instead of something that just paid the bills, so they worked their guts out to make enough money in jobs they've hated to start something they love.

It's hard these days to get into making streaming/youtube videos pay for you as there are so many people doing it now, and a lot of people won't give the new ones a chance to prove themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Lot of people saying that streamers work hard. Which is true in particular of those who can pay the bills from it.

But to suggest that hard work alone is enough to become successful is a lie, they all required a fair chunk of luck at some point early on, and many will readily admit that. Like most entertainers you need your "big break" and after that you can start making your own luck.
    Luck can be manufactured by doing as much as you can to put yourself out there. If you genuinely have something people want you WILL make it eventually if you work on it hard enough. There is more to making it in the entertainment industry than just putting out content. You have to keep putting yourself out there to be discovered, and learning the best ways where and how to do so is a large portion of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Quit your fucking whining. There's nothing stopping you from doing the same thing. Unless you're not funny or entertaining, which, by the tone of your post, both are probably true. I have a general deep seeded hatred for people who cant seem to mind their own business. Don't like twitch streamers? dont watch them.
    I don't know who Mitch Jones is but I'm pretty sure Reckful and Sodapoppin were pretty damn good WoW pvp players. I think it's safe to say he's also missing the necessary skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    If you really don't give a rat's ass about these streamers just ignore them it's that simple. Don't even make posts on the forum about them like this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.quora.com/Does-Taylor-Swift-write-her-songs

She has writing credits on all of her songs. She has help on a majority.

Way to miss the point of my post though!! hehe xd

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Luck can be manufactured by doing as much as you can to put yourself out there. If you genuinely have something people want you WILL make it eventually if you work on it hard enough. There is more to making it in the entertainment industry than just putting out content. You have to keep putting yourself out there to be discovered, and learning the best ways where and how to do so is a large portion of the work.
    The problem is that the OP has nothing people want, or else he'd be a streamer too. Who doesn't wanna get paid to play games

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I don't know who Mitch Jones is but I'm pretty sure Reckful and Sodapoppin were pretty damn good WoW pvp players. I think it's safe to say he's also missing the necessary skill.
    The only ones I can remember are Swifty and that Paladin guy that got world 1st 80 in WotLK by cheating

Does she produce the plastic that is made into CDs? Does she produce the hardware that the digital versions are stored on? Does she distribute the hard copies to stores? Does she provide the internet service with which to download songs?

I could go on, but I think it would be redundant to do so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Taylor Swift has her songs written for her, this is known. So that provides a job for a group of people that sit together and come up with a song. While brainstorming, they order a pizza. They stay together in a hotel, they spend the money they are making from Taylor's record label wherever they are staying.

After they finish the song, they present it to Taylor/the album's producer. The producer then hires session musicians to play the instumentals for the album. Those session musicians return home when they are done with a bank account full of money to spend, fueling the economy. They might even be in bands themselves, and that money can launch their careers, which in turn hires roadies, event organizers, etc.

We now get to the point where the album is done. The album is then pressed by factory workers, distributed by shipping companies and hosted online by major corporations with thousands of employees. All of these people are compensated for the work they did.

Taylor's album sells well, people now want to see her in concert. An event organizer gets paid to set the event up. The venue takes a cut. They then hire staff for the concert: security, ushers, people selling snacks/merch, etc. Maybe even some scalpers can get in on some quick cash outside.

So by the time Taylor has finished her concert, her stupid little popsongs have paid many people their weekly, monthy, sometimes even annual wages. She is literally more important that some replaceable field worker.

I don't even like Taylor Swift and I can see the merit in having major pop stars/musicians/actors.
    I understand your scenario, but that money would probably support even more projects and jobs if the singer didn't exist at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Can...
    Can I sig this?
    Anything for you, buddy. Just get me an internet in my next Christmas card.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

I understand your scenario, but that money would probably support even more projects and jobs if the singer didn't exist at all.
    People like the person you quoted are just salty they don't have their foot in this lucrative business.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only ones I can remember are Swifty and that Paladin guy that got world 1st 80 in WotLK by cheating
    Oh shit what was his name...started with an "A"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    You can make your luck once you have a modicum of success. Before that it's like you said, you have to "be discovered".

i mean what you say is probably true if you truly have a unique talent, but unique talents are exceedingly rare so don't apply to most would-be entertainers who are a dime in a dozen all trying about as hard as you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    On principle it angers me that people like Sodapoppin, Reckful, and Mitch Jones are rich. I have to fucking slave myself everyday at my job in order to make pennies just to survive, while these college dropout young punks get everything they want and contribute nothing to society. Why is no one else pissed off at such injustice?

EDIT: And it's not just streamers. I have a general deep seeded hatred for people that were born privileged.
    Contribute nothing to society? Dude, millions watch them regularly. They contribute a lot to society by providing it with entertainment, and entertainment is just as important in our lives as, say, science.

There is no "justice" here, world doesn't work based on the principles of reciprocity. It does work though based on supply/demand balance. These Twitch Streamers, apparently, are popular because they provide something most others do not. What it is, I know not, but there is something. They aren't just rich by chance, they are doing something in order to get rich.

You can get rich too, if you reeeeeally want it... Do you want it? Being rich doesn't solve all your problems, you know. If, to get rich, you need to accept a lifestyle which you dislike, then your life will be miserable, regardless of how much you earn. And if you read about those streamers, you will learn that a lot of them actually aren't happy with their lives. They are too stuck up on what gets them money, losing life itself in the process.

So, it is not all that black and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Oh shit what was his name...started with an "A"?
    You're right, I can't remember though.

7+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that the OP has nothing people want, or else he'd be a streamer too. Who doesn't wanna get paid to play games

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that there is a great injustice going on when some punk kid can make millions playing video games on the internet while a common construction worker that actually builds structures in order for society to function struggles to survive. The only sensible answer is that the world is unfair and there is no real justice. Which I am prepared to accept, but don't argue like there is not injustice going on in this example.

The problem is that there is a great injustice going on when some punk kid can make millions playing video games on the internet while a common construction worker that actually builds structures in order for society to function struggles to survive.
    You just said it yourself. Common construction worker. They're replaceable at a moment's notice. The streamer is more unique.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just remember him getting banned. Swifty was the only WoW streamer I really would be able to recall on que, and that was only because he was on my home server back in the day. It's weird that people like Pewdiepie have as much name recognition as they do with me even though I can count on one hand the number of let's play video's I've seen.
    Last edited by GodlyBob; 2016-05-17 at 06:25 AM.

I believe you two are thinking of Athene, the self proclaimed best paladin in the world.

https://twitter.com/athenelol

Funny enough the streamers you mentioned target audience is stupid 10-12 year old kids. Same with famous youtubers putting 34 ads in 1 video that is aimed to 2-12 year old kids because kids are too stupid. Save some money, start a company that make some kid products enjoy being rich. You are welcome