Deleted
    Yeah that's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Haveth View Post
    Which really isn't a valid concern when I'm specifically going to want to swap between AoE and ST talents between bosses in dungeons and raids and it's just going to be nuisance to either teleport out and keep my group waiting or spend a tome every other fight to swap talents. I think Blizzard has the wrong idea, people generally like swapping talents on a fight by fight basis. The whole reason old talent trees were removed was because they were set and forget cookie cutter builds. If tomes are super cheap it probably won't be a big deal, but I have a feeling since it's a crafted item and not a vendor one, it's probably going to cost more over time to use tomes than to spend gold on respeccing every now and then, especially now that artifacts will most likely lock us to a main spec.
    I agree with the first statement, their solution is only a half measure thats likely just going to inconvenience everyone. If they really want talent choices to be meaningful then they need to have a hard restriction thats time based, such as a daily CD or a very rare consumable.

And the old talent trees weren't removed because of cookie cutter builds, having a ST choice and an AE choice is still the very definition of cookie cutter, so the new trees have done nada to solve that problem. The old talent system went away because the trees were full of boring talents that provided minuscule increases in stats/abilities. So instead of choosing to spend a talent point on 1% crit vs .1 secs off a spell, youd choose between larger and more impactful bonuses. The problem is that because we can easily hotswap the "choice" is entirely diluted.

All that said, WoW has never been a game where choices mattered and Blizzard has spent the last decade reinforcing that so I don't see this being a popular change at all. They'd do better to just lean in on it and give us FPS style loadouts to deal with the tedium of swapping specs every fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Being able to switch specs willy-nilly means you are just another warrior and not Arms etc..
    The entire reason why people do that is because people want to contribute to their raids/groups by playing the best spec. I'm not saying Blizzard is incompetent because this kind of thing is hard to pull off, but if they actually managed to successfully make all of the specs equal when it comes down to value to the raid and damage output, then the issue of "just another DPS Warrior" wouldn't be a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Changing talents and specs per boss was stupid game play in my opinion.
    And the only difference you will see if this change stays in is hours wasted during raids waiting for your guildies to hearth out and re-talent. As long as talents are tied to dps raiders will always change talents per boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    And the only difference you will see if this change stays in is hours wasted during raids waiting for your guildies to hearth out and re-talent. As long as talents are tied to dps raiders will always change talents per boss.
    Or, people just stop fucking doing it. There's an idea.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Or, people just stop fucking doing it. There's an idea.
    Stop switching talents for certain fights? Is that what you are stating?

Edit: Then get rid of talents altogether then. Tell Blizzard stop making raid bosses that force people to switch certain talents to certain raid mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Stop switching talents for certain fights? Is that what you are stating?

Edit: Then get rid of talents altogether then. Tell Blizzard stop making raid bosses that force people to switch certain talents to certain raid mechanics.
    This wasn't a problem in wrath. I didn't have to Ok avatar for this fight, bladestorm for this fight, oh we're doing this fight lemme make sure I have shockwave I mean ffs this is some of the dumbest game play I've seen in wow. I say this as a 13/13 Mythic as well.

This wasn't a problem in wrath. I didn't have to Ok avatar for this fight, bladestorm for this fight, oh we're doing this fight lemme make sure I have shockwave I mean ffs this is some of the dumbest game play I've seen in wow. I say this as a 13/13 Mythic as well.
    And we are not discussing Wrath talent trees which was the old cookie cutter build either.

7+ Year Old Account
    For those looking for more beta key giveaways, here's another if you're a twitter user.
    https://twitter.com/hotted89/status/732206934066122752

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

I feel like all talent choices would be meaningful if encounters (both dungeon and raids) would reflect this kinda of choices.
    As of now, some encounters are strictly aoe, some st, some mixed and you simply adapt to the challenge, there is no choice or to put it differently -- a choice between subpar and optimal talent is not much of a choice.
    It's not often like this, but more often than not, it is true.

So changing something on our end without changing the raid/dungeon design is simply lame.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    For those looking for more beta key giveaways, here's another if you're a twitter user.
    https://twitter.com/hotted89/status/732206934066122752
    Thanks for that. Always nice when I have to accept cancer, but can then delete the cancer immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    And we are not discussing Wrath talent trees which was the old cookie cutter build either.
    Yeah, but anything that makes it a larger more tedious annoyance means fewer and fewer people will feel compelled to do it.

Deleted
    Thanks for that. Always nice when I have to accept cancer, but can then delete the cancer immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but anything that makes it a larger more tedious annoyance means fewer and fewer people will feel compelled to do it.
    There is no need to fix things that aren't broken. I never saw one complaint about the system of changing talents, only positive. I like to experiment with talents during my raid. The only thing this causes is that people that are competitive will have to HS and get summoned, which I will do but surely will get annoying eventually.

Re: Beta key giveaways

(Didn't get nearly as many as we had hoped, but still more than 0, which was a surprise)

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post

(Didn't get nearly as many as we had hoped, but still more than 0, which was a surprise)
    We got beta keys?!?!?!!?!?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    There is no need to fix things that aren't broken. I never saw one complaint about the system of changing talents, only positive. I like to experiment with talents during my raid. The only thing this causes is that people that are competitive will have to HS and get summoned, which I will do but surely will get annoying eventually.
    I see it as a pretty huge problem personally. It means constant tweaking for min maxing performance and constant times of "I forgot to change my talent, I forgot to have tomes, I forgot this" it just adds more shit to a giant shit pile instead of giving some depth to RPG and characters. It really frustrates me

You bitch that you want to play Vanilla, then they make a change to the game that puts a portion of it (being in town to change talents) the same as it was in Vanilla, and you cry about it. This is why they won't give you legacy servers. You think you want it, but you don't. Clearly.

So I have been exploring around the coasts of the broken isles for the lolz and omg blizzard has put so much detail to the underwater that most people will never see theres so many sea creatures sunken ships giant skeletons underwater ruins I even found a little deep sea murloc camp full of dead murlocs with a giant shark. (all the murlocs had PH in their name which was funny). Also the costs goes so far out before hitting fatigue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why you keep bringing this up, plenty of guilds have killed Mythic Archimonde at this point. This mostly wasn't a problem in Wrath and Cataclysm because the entirety of the talent choice system wasn't even a thing until MoP and a lot of top guilds will expect you to pick the best talent choice. Even if you aren't required to do it in your guild, you're honestly gimping your raid by not going with the best choice you can go for.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post

I call dibs on a key.

Do I win?

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I don't see why you keep bringing this up, plenty of guilds have killed Mythic Archimonde at this point. This mostly wasn't a problem in Wrath and Cataclysm because the entirety of the talent choice system wasn't even a thing until MoP and a lot of top guilds will expect you to pick the best talent choice. Even if you aren't required to do it in your guild, you're honestly gimping your raid by not going with the best choice you can go for.
    Seems like a valid point when I say I hate something involving raiding? Would think it'd say "I have a great deal of experience here and my opinion might have moderately more weight than say someone who doesn't raid at all" seems like a valid line of thought to me.

And exactly why it should be made to the point that its so tedious for you to change specs, that it would cost much time in raid, that you stick to one set of talents and just get good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a valid point when I say I hate something involving raiding? Would think it'd say "I have a great deal of experience here and my opinion might have moderately more weight than say someone who doesn't raid at all" seems like a valid line of thought to me.
    I would agree with you, but the fact that you refused to pick the best talents on fights and gimping your raid by doing so doesn't say much about your raiding career.

And exactly why it should be made to the point that its so tedious for you to change specs, that it would cost much time in raid, that you stick to one set of talents and just get good?
    I'm not saying that the current system is ideal, I'd be okay with having these just be abilities that you're given by default or if they were choices that ended up being based off of preference instead of what's better. Unfortunately, this isn't the case and seems like it won't be the case in the future as well.