Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    On principle it angers me that people like Sodapoppin, Reckful, and Mitch Jones are rich. I have to fucking slave myself everyday at my job in order to make pennies just to survive, while these college dropout young punks get everything they want and contribute nothing to society. Why is no one else pissed off at such injustice?

EDIT: And it's not just streamers. I have a general deep seeded hatred for people that were born privileged.
    Priviledged. Lol. They made it their business, it is legit job. They contribute to the society more then you, and they are much more successful then you are - what you feel is pure envy. I suggest you to do something what makes more money or start streaming - you will find out it is not really easy thing to make money with.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    That's my only problem with 90% of streamers, and seemingly 100% of the most popular ones. They all seem to put on a massive facade. It all feels like one big fake show. That coupled with that shilling for donations, idk. I can understand it, but it really, really turns me off.
    That's called a persona. Most of the people you see on the interwebs are nothing like that in real life.

how about instead of being a salted snail about it why not see if you can make it as one? but hey, easier to do whatever deadend job you already have and be bitter.

Deleted
    You could always set up a stream yourself, see how well that does, difference between them and you though, is that they're actually funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe twitch streaming is just not your cup of tea. to actually hate them means you have to exert hate energy to them. why not just ignore them and focus ur energy on something more positive.
    Hi

This is such an oddly specific nonsensical gripe.

I don't find streaming entertaining and I don't watch it. So I have no horse in this derby.

At the end of the day streamers are just entertainers, like any other actor, musician, performance artist and so on.

We as humans always valued the aesthetic experience for various reasons. And entertainment is work, even if you don't understand that.

And success is fickle, random and limited. For every successful streamer or artist there are a million aspiring ones who never made a penny from it.

Get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    maybe twitch streaming is just not your cup of tea. to actually hate them means you have to exert hate energy to them. why not just ignore them and focus ur energy on something more positive.
    I doubt he really dislikes streamers though. Don't you?

This is more about him being unhappy with his life and looking for people to project his feelings on.

I really missed your 'beautiful mind' routine, Newton-avatar-guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get good at a Game, Get a personality and go rake in the dollars as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    That's my only problem with 90% of streamers, and seemingly 100% of the most popular ones. They all seem to put on a massive facade. It all feels like one big fake show. That coupled with that shilling for donations, idk. I can understand it, but it really, really turns me off.
    Most streamers I watch are people that are just Chill dudes that don't need to scream every 10 secs.

Imaqtpie is one of the best.

Deleted
    WAAAAAH WAAAAH SOME PEOPLE DO THINGS AND MAKE MORE MONEY THAN I DEEM WORTHY!!!! WAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Deal with it. Life isn't fair and life won't be fair. How much you get paid for anything isn't determined by how hard it is. Maybe if instead of complaining about things you have no control over(thankfully) you'd do something to improve your situation then you wouldn't mind it as much. It's not a matter of "Oh no, the one and only thing i can do is carry heavy shit around repeatedly". If you don't want to end up in a shitty situation you need to go "Hm, what am i going to be comfortable doing so that i get a decent amount of money?" and not "Hm, fuck it. MONEY FOR EVERYONE!!! MY GENDER STUDIES DEGREE IS AS GOOD AS YOUR PHYSICS DEGREE!!!".

Since there's going to be posts saying that i'm privileged/whatever - i grew up in the country side and sure as hell didn't inherit a small loan of 100m dollars. I simply decided to go do something that meant that i would have a comfortable life down the line so i ended up going to college on a grant, going on an internship and then got a well paying job.

I do get it that there are cases where the above doesn't apply i.e. not being able to go to college at all due to whatever reason(even then freelancing is an option at least in some cases) and that sucks but if you're shitposting on MMO Champ about how people's income doesn't match your ideal society then your time might be better spent doing something useful, like becoming a twitch streamer.

#triggered

On principle it angers me that people like Sodapoppin, Reckful, and Mitch Jones are rich. I have to fucking slave myself everyday at my job in order to make pennies just to survive, while these college dropout young punks get everything they want and contribute nothing to society. Why is no one else pissed off at such injustice?

EDIT: And it's not just streamers. I have a general deep seeded hatred for people that were born privileged.
    They contribute entertainment, and ultimate thats all that matters for society. Every other activity is just a way of enabling entertainment, whether its money (that you can spend to entertain yourself) getting food and house (so you have means to live and you can focus on getting entertained) etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account

Leave California then. You could move elsewhere and actually live nicely instead of having to survive on pennies for the privilege to live in a nanny state

I don't think actors or comedians should be paid as much as they are. I think the common worker contributes more to society than them.
    I agree. Although if I've learned something from these forums, it's that you MUST be ambitius, must become CEO, must get that PhD, otherwise you're a failure. When I ask what happens to society when we've reached our ambitious goal and we're all CEOs, I get no answer. No one to clean, to work in a store, to collect the trash, to unclog your toilet because you despite your 10 years of university education and straight As still don't know that only toilet paper and "waste" go there.

You still need to work very hard in a working class job and to bascially get spat on because you enjoy it/dont like or can't afford uni/whatever reason... I'm speechless. Not everyone is capable or wants to lead or what have you, but it doesn't mean they are worth less than those who do.

Just saddening, really.

I hate Sodapoppin. Why? He's the most annoying piece of shit I've ever had the misfortune of tuning into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Okay you are right. I admit that I am jealous of what they have, but how is it good for a society that common people whom perform essential tasks and contribute more for society get treated the worst?

If you're so annoyed at the money they're making, why don't you just do the same as them? Do I sense pride?

It might look like Sodapoppin, Mitchjones, Reckful etc. are priviledged brats, but what they really have is expertise in entertaining. They make people laugh, make other people's days better. There's nothing more humble than to dedicate your life to entertaining others, and if they want a little compensation for that, then that's fine. That's how society work.

Deleted
    The only thing I hate about twitch is the fact that there are girls who use their body to gain viewers. The viewers know hat but are pathetic enough to watch it and even donate money for that.
    Some streamers are good and fun to watch. I prefer edited videos over streams because I can watch it whenever I want and there is a bit more effort put into those videos.

But you could also hate the creator of facebook, webshops and the like since they all made a shit ton of money while they only had to work hard for a few years instead of what the average human does. Instead of hating on them try to do something yourself if you want to be rich that bad.

Thinking outside of the box, providing something the public wants its generally a good approach to earn money, not everyone can do this as easily however.
    Last edited by mmocc29434e79e; 2016-05-17 at 09:57 AM.

The problem is that there is a great injustice going on when some punk kid can make millions playing video games on the internet while a common construction worker that actually builds structures in order for society to function struggles to survive. The only sensible answer is that the world is unfair and there is no real justice. Which I am prepared to accept, but don't argue like there is not injustice going on in this example.
    I'd like to argue that there is no injustice going on here.

The streamers get paid in 2 ways: the amount of views on ads on their channel and donations.

The people are literally GIVING away their money to make sure these streamers can keep giving them entertainment, there is no taking money from the unwilling, there is no impact on the livelihoods off the working class and there certainly is no reason to go around hating them.

As an example i would like to present The Completionist, the man who every week has to play through a game, some of them with an estimated playtime of literally HUNDREDS of hours, to completion, meaning he has to do EVERYTHING, sometimes he has to play through the game multiple times to get it all, according to the people he shares his office with he has to go to therapy from the stress and the harassment from some of his viewers, that is ALOT of work, far more than most could manage.

Um Streamers do contribute to society, they are entertainers in the same way that an Actor or a Singer is. People like the "show" they provide and so they watch it and the person performing the show gets paid. I don't get the hate.

As for people being born rich, the argument there is that money doesn't just grow on trees someone that they were related to or knew had to have done something, either taken a risk, worked some important job etc. in order to acquire that money so that their friends and family would be better off.
    Last edited by Derpleton; 2016-05-17 at 09:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Why are you not complaining about people such as Trump, who never would have had to work a day in his life? = inheriting hundreds of millions.
    I think that's too obvious to complain about.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Get good at a Game, Get a personality and go rake in the dollars as well.
    Most of the people that seem to be popular to watch only have a likable personality fake or not, when it comes to gameplay they are actually really kinda bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the people who support them. Actually I don't hate them I just don't understand them. Most of it makes little sense to me.