Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Already been talked about in the main thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ssion/page3964

And what is in a sense more funny is this is what you had to do back in Vanilla you had to go back to a major city to do a complete talent reset and respec, people wanted Vanilla now they have it with this.. lol
    In Vanilla we didn't have the majority of our AE vs Single Target talents locked off behind a talent swap which is what we DO have in Legion this is a ridiculous idea that needs to die.
    The gold cost for respecs is nothing I mean seriously it tops out at 78g I make that in less than 20 mins just playing and doing quests so yeah who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah, they are going to add walking and jumping skills, then disable running. To add depth, you know. And "spec identity".
    Don't forget fatigue for said running. We want the decision to run to feel meaningful. If you can just run full speed all the time then what's the point of having the ability to run. When you press that run key, think about how much better it will feel knowing that you're now moving at your maximum speed for a purpose and for a minimum amount of time, rather than just general movement.

Deleted
    While I'm all for empowering Scribes, this really isn't the way to do it. I wouldn't mind if the tomes were purchasable from a vendor at a high price,
    but giving the power to respec to a profession is just crazy. We are talking about changing how I want to play my class, why should that be reliant on a profession to not make it tedious?

You know, I have been asking for Tri-spec since WotLK. And you won't take my day away from me. Yeah, a little bit late, but better late, than never.

Bad thing: players, who ask for restrictions like this - are usually players, who don't need this change and shouldn't care about it - they play their Huntard always in MM since Vanilla, don't understand, that "being skilled" <> "to jag one spec to nainut and automatism", cuz even monkeys can do it, and real skill = being able to play any class and any spec. But they're some kind of envious and think, that they're special, and want game should be developed exclusively for them. "I don't need Tri-spec - so others don't need it too". As always. Don't need it - don't use it. As simple, as that.

And... You know... I would have Tri-spec even without this change. You won't take it away from me.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    Don't forget fatigue for said running. We want the decision to run to feel meaningful. If you can just run full speed all the time then what's the point of having the ability to run. When you press that run key, think about how much better it will feel knowing that you're now moving at your maximum speed for a purpose and for a minimum amount of time, rather than just general movement.
    Nailed it, sir.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Fine with me. Don't often change talents while out questing or such anyhow, and if a boss needs a change there will be scribes with plenty of those items to allow changes in my guild.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

I don't read Spanish, what do those screenshots mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    I don't read Spanish, what do those screenshots mean?
    It's Russian, he has two equally geared rets, one's offspec is prot, another's is holy, that's how he does tri-spec now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Good thing that is already confirmed given that Watcher said the consumable was aimed at groups, and your average random player probably wouldnt keep a bunch on hand.
    So Johnny who complained about having to pay 78 gold tops for a field respec should have really been more careful what he wished for

Personally speaking i'm not really too bothered to be honest,I'm used to times when to respec one had to travel back to town and pay gold to boot,it does kinda feel like we're going backwards though after being afforded the luxury of easy respecs for so long.

@MrTophat, The example they specified was characters changing their talents rapidly between pulls just for things like movement increases. So that awkward accessibility would be resolved, i.e. changed outlined behavior.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    An area that has appeared to need a bit more friction, however, is actually talent changes. Especially with no reagent cost at all now, it can be all too easy to activate AoE talents before larger packs of enemies in a dungeon, and then switch back to single-target talents before a lieutenant or a boss. Or someone might switch to a passive movement-speed talent when traversing an area, and then back to something functional before entering combat. At that point, we're often hardly talking about a meaningful choice at all, but rather a nuisance of extra button-presses or UI navigation before you can use your desired talents.
    Source

Since the tomes can be used by anyone without the profession, it isn't restricted by a specific player. But the cost will be noticeable enough that you won't do it on the fly for some slight convenience. The outlined behavior was not to restrict high end raiders from getting the most out of their characters.

And you are implying that the Warlords system is an awkward clunky mess. Is having a stack of tomes in your bags really that clunky? Especially when we consider how much the system has evolved over the years. And more importantly how is removing that clunky? Inconvenient sure, but hardly clunky.

10+ Year Old Account
    still a stupid idea, but in a better direction

only problem i see here is that with the new talent system they want us to change talents and with this they want us to be restricted?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    but it is not supposed to be a real choice. its only purpose is to hold players back from changing talents on the fly right before the next pull to optimize their talents. It's not meant to lock players into a choice and make them work for it to change
    I know.

I'm saying it would be better if it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    More like one of the best ideas Blizzard has had in a long time. Puts at least a bit of RPG back in this MMORPG.
    How does this put RPG back in wow ?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    How does this put RPG back in wow ?
    It's changing it back to how Vanilla Talent respecs were and you know that Everyone thinks Vanilla was more of an RPG RIGHT?!

Cmon guys, it's not that bad. First any place that you can get rested (most quest hubs have a small inn that would count) you can do for free, so if you're questing and are having trouble, you can spend 30 seconds to go back to the hub, change talents, and go back out. If you really want to change talents while in a dungeon or raid, just carry a couple with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    It's changing it back to how Vanilla Talent respecs were and you know that Everyone thinks Vanilla was more of an RPG RIGHT?!
    They forget one small elephant in the room. Current talents ARE FUCKING BEING DESIGNED IN MIND WITH BEING SWITCHED ON THE FLY BY FIGHT-TO-FIGHT BASIS.
    But oh well, who am I to argue with people who think that gimping characters performance brings RPG back in wow, the "less is more" mindless fanatics.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Except in vanilla you didn't have to change talents as much as in wod.

In wod you have to change talents before every single encounter/situation. In vanilla/BC you had to change spec maybe on 1 or 2 bosses on a raid tier. Because, basically, most spells weren't linked to the spec you choose as it is now.

As a warlock the only situation I changed talents in vanilla BC was when I had to tank on encounters (or when I wanted to try another DPS spec).

And yeah, vanilla/TBC was more of an rpg than current wow, but for a whole lot of reasons not linked to the UI nor discussed in this thread.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-05-17 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, you either pay or do it RPG way. People didn't want to pay, so...
    Exactly. I'm fine with this, as I'm a roleplayer at heart, but now we get a whole 'nother gripe fest. Hey all you MMO whiners who bitched about 50g... You happy now? <laughing>

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Except in vanilla you didn't have to change talents as much as in wod.

In wod you have to change talents before every single encounter/situation. In vanilla/BC you had to change spec maybe on 1 or 2 bosses on a raid tier.

As a warlock the only situation I changed talents in vanilla BC was when I had to tank on encounters (or when I wanted to try another DPS spec).

And yeah, vanilla/TBC was more of an rpg than current wow, but for a whole lot of reasons not linked to the UI.
    Maybe because Vanilla TALENT werent "fight" breaking like WoD one? or maybe because vanilla talents had build in the passive talents that any class has now?

As an hunter since vanilla i never changed so many times my talents like in wod, just because every Tier had a proper build (FS>Lone and then Lone>FS)

in TBC i was BM until Sunwell where after some lucky drops i could switch survi arp

In tbc changing from "5% mana 5/5 to 4% mana 4/5 for gettin and extra 2 sec on concussive" wasnt like changing from Lone Wolf to Focusing Shot kek
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-05-17 at 09:30 AM.

lol

I dont even mind, i see the point, you pick a spec and it means something, otherwise you just pick whatever you want whenever from fight to fight.

I do think that swapping specs or talents should be free at inns or cities, basically anywhere you get rested for the simple purpose of trying different things out, but swapping what skills you use between fights kind of seems ... stupid