Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What's wrong with this idea ??

It gives inscription some way, to make gold and is isn't really any different from WoD. You still need tome to change talent, but now, you will buy it from AH instead of vendor :P

Also all the Vanilla legacy crybabys should be pleased with this.. back then, you needed seeds, candles and similar stuff just to cast regular spells !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    They forget one small elephant in the room. Current talents ARE FUCKING BEING DESIGNED IN MIND WITH BEING SWITCHED ON THE FLY BY FIGHT-TO-FIGHT BASIS.
    But oh well, who am I to argue with people who think that gimping characters performance brings RPG back in wow, the "less is more" mindless fanatics.
    I for one don't think the 'change your talents every 3 minutes' is actually a good model to start with. At that point it's a UI clicking exercise and isn't really adding anything compared to if you just had your utility and a functional spec right there.

What if it's blizzard ploy for us accepting the gold cost for changing spec ?
    People will piss and moan about this change and after few days, blizzard will revert the change for everyone's relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    More like one of the best ideas Blizzard has had in a long time. Puts at least a bit of RPG back in this MMORPG.
    Agreed entirely.

A character's identity is defined by the CHOICES HE MAKES.

There is no character depth at all if you can RETALENT WHATEVER IS BEST FOR WHATEVER FIGHT. No difference between characters. All are the same, using the same BEST TALENTS for a specific fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Indeed.

It ruins character identity.

If it were up to me people would have to pick their spec on the character creation screen, and if they wanted to try a different spec they'd have to make a different character. :P
    I'd be game for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    If your "identity" is defined by your talent tab then you already lack one.
    ...Who is talking about MY identity?

The CHARACTER identity is definitly based on what choices that particular character make.

If they're all trivial and can be remade AT ANY POINT...It means they are irrelevant, thus characters have no identity.

People was complaining about the "cost" of spec change (seriously was 78g ever the problem?) and so they came up with the "smart" idea "respec is free but talent cost is be in a city to change". This is especially annoying when you go in a BG where depending on who u re facing you may want to change talents right there and then.

Does this mean we have to carry a scribe player around or waste a bag slot to carry the scribe engine to talent change?

Its sad that wow only remembers vanilla when it comes to the obnoxious things.

No since the item will be BoE and people will buy stockpile of it from AH @ 80g #irony

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I for one don't think the 'change your talents every 3 minutes' is actually a good model to start with.
    Yeah but that's more an issue of how the current talents are designed.

Basically now most classes have talents tiers designed as flat utility/AOE/single target talents, and not getting the relevant talent in the given situation ruins your performance (a class like retribution paladin is heavily dependant on those talents). It's not just a QoL choice as it should be, it's just that you just cannot mathematically do the same thing depending on what talent you choose no matter how you adapt your gameplay.

Deleted
    Character identity is his choices exactly. And choosing on the fly depending on the situation at hand is part of that identity. Whats the point to being stack in an "anti-melee" spec and then get faced with a team with 10 casters for example? You basically yield to the opponent choices and your "choice" is cancelled by whatever everyone else chose regardless how weird that was.

Not to mention the fact that your new "identity" will probably be whatever some website said was "the best spec for..."
    Right. The identity of my character is defined by my CLASS (spec) and RACE choice. Everything else is mechanics.

People who think that the choice of talent A over talent B is RPG are wrong. This is not RPG. This is optimising your character to the mechanics of an encounter. RPG is about story, characters, immersion in a different world. Talents don't contribute to any of this aspects. The transmog of your character contributes more to character identity than some talent points. You spec definitely matters to some degree, but talents do not.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-05-17 at 09:39 AM.

Character identity is his choices exactly. And choosing on the fly depending on the situation at hand is part of that identity. Whats the point to being stack in an "anti-melee" spec and then get faced with a team with 10 casters for example? You basically yield to the opponent choices and your "choice" is cancelled by whatever everyone else chose regardless how weird that was.

Not to mention the fact that your new "identity" will probably be whatever some website said was "the best spec for..."
    No, choosing on the fly is no identity whatsoever. It's just a gigantic mass of sameness, indiscernable one hand from the other.

Identity needs things that are UNCHANGEABLE. Inside a class, it means having THIS ROGUE WITH THESE TALENTS and THAT ROGUE with these other talents, regardless of them both belonging to the same spec (Outlaw, for instance). That means Two Outlaw Rogues won't be the same, because they made DIFFERENT TALENT CHOICES instead of just insta-speccing into whatever is better for this fight and insta switching afterward, ad infinitum.

Your example about 10 casters and "anti melee spec" is ridiculous. Only 10 men battles are RBGs and you already pick balanced teams considering a vast array of obstacles to overcome, considering the limitations and potentials of your comp. That is strategy in itself, and that is GOOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they really have the need to force us to pay gold with the fuck up garrison did, they should just add double repair or some shit instead of addin silly systems
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I don't get what the problem is.

It's the exact same system we have now with the option of doing it free at a city.

We have already been using an Inscription item for talent changes since the introduction of the new talent system.

What's so different about this one?

You could bother to read before you post since the boe item is "targeted for groups" and not something anyone can carry stacks of which obviously means the cost won't be something petty and you will definitely not want to spend so much gold or resources so you can respond situationally per BG or per arena.

Imagine a cost of say 200g. Thats 1K gold per 5 arenas that you have to respec in a night. Add a CD to it and you have a useless expensive item and you start losing games because your "choice" didn't fit what the RNG gods had in mind for you in that match up. Great gameplay...
    so you know that "targetd for groups" = massive expensive? nice foresight , they could be low expensive and stockpiled during pre patch or just be a "jeeves" for inscription and thus will be paid with Guild Money? dunno

also that "arena example" is so absurd..rofl

#1 scenario : you join arena afking in city so its free

#2 scenario : you cry because your talents arent min max to snowball that team that you "sneak" b4 arena starts? kek

Really disappointed with the direction they've went in here.

Quick question, and apologies if it has been asked previously, but will there be a fresh talent allocation every time you change spec?

I simply assumed there would be given that the talent options are not static across all class specs (e.g. moving from Feral to Resto). Therefore, (1) if there is a fresh allocation on spec change, what would stop me from switching from one spec to another and then back again in order to change talents out in the field; OR (2) if there is no fresh allocation of talent choices, would that not make spec change in the field redundant as I would then need to go back to town anyway (or have a Scribe throw up a change-stone) in order to pick appropriate talents only available within the spec into which I had just spec'd?

I like the infinite specs change, having a limited number of specs was annoying.

I am not sure about the talent changes...
    Assuming people can still teleport out/teleport into dungeons, no one is going to use the expensive scribe book.
    Teleporting/HStoning makes such a change trivial so i do not know what is the point...

nothing wrong with this at all... and much better than 100g per swap.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I don't get what the problem is.

We have already been using an Inscription item for talent changes since the introduction of the new talent system.

What's so different about this one?
    this one is crafted by incription with a cost for a group, so instead of few silver its a bunch of gold

well inb4 entire raids teleports to their order hall infront of every boss
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    It's a change in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    PLEASE, this? This? Of all fucking changes they could have done to make this game infinitely more RPG-esque, THIS is what puts the RPG back into MMORPG?

Are you fucking high?
    this is what makes a game RPG, what else?

they need to add more of those things eventually it will return to be an MMORPG game

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    this one is crafted by incription with a cost for a group, so instead of few silver its a bunch of gold
    I must be stupid but what does "a cost for a group" mean?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    This kinda change really shows that WoWs not an MMORPG anymore, but just an action game with some online elements. Just the sheer fact that Blizzard devs feel like they have to shoehorn in inconvenience so that talents aren't just on/off switches is ridiculous. People are outraged about having to buy some books? Be outraged about talents being so dumbed down and boring that this is the attempt to keep them from removing specs completely.