Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Nope, its on my to do list for transmogs, I was going to buy the mythic sword off blackhand (only 15k!) but it conflicts with my raid schedule, so I can only hope we start farming mythic BRF for transmogs and mounts now that we have archie down.
    well now is is 15K for the run with the chance at the sword? or 15k for run after run till the sword drops :P?

i can buy archimonde run for chance at staff for 200k, but to garuntee i get it, it would cost me 1.4 mil
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I'm not so bothered with the content drought, because I have a life. Grow up kids!
    Now you just need to let go of the gaming forums!

I am not really bothered by the drought.. Sure I wish it wasn't this long but hey I have so many freakin' games to play not to mention university stuff going on so I am more than occupied during this drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    well now is is 15K for the run with the chance at the sword? or 15k for run after run till the sword drops :P?

i can buy archimonde run for chance at staff for 200k, but to garuntee i get it, it would cost me 1.4 mil
    Only 45k total before its free. Personally I can live with that. 45k for a transmog item that looks like that sword is a small price to pay, considering its infinitely more beautiful than any of the CM items >.>
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The point is (I can't believe I need to say this), that the droughts leave players who want to play and who want to give Blizzard money with little or nothing to do and certainly nothing new to do.

These aren't people who want to stop playing - they like playing and would like to have new things to do.
    No, you don't need to say this, because it is obvious. My point (and I can't believe that I need to say this) is that your point is irrelevant. If there is no content there is no content. Getting upset about it, ranting about, raging about, crying about it, demanding that Blizzard fire people, trying to punish Blizzard by boycotting their products etc etc etc isn't going to change that. You can't just expect Blizzard to make content according to your demands. It will take as long as it takes, and it is on you to find ways to cope until it is ready.

Yes, it takes time to make new content. Many companies deal with this by splitting off some people to do current patch content and the rest to do the new expansion (and financially that's an easy case to make).
    Right, gotcha. So basically it's like this: Blizzard, the experienced veterans who have been making this game for the last 15 years actually want to produce content faster. You'd think they'd be motivated to do it, and would know how to do it, but for some reason they can't see the obvious, easy solution. But you can.....

Yes, players can simply not sub - but see point #1... you're telling people who like the game and want to play to stop because the company can't put out anything new for a year or more.
    That wasn't actually ever my suggestion. My suggestion is actually for such people to learn to manage their time better (It could mean unsubbing from the game, but that isn't the only solution). I mean, it's not like it's any surprise that Blizzard take a year to produce a new expansion and that you're going to have these "droughts". It has happened before, repeatedly. So pace yourselves. Don't spend 12-16 hours a day consuming WoW and then expecting new content to magically appear as soon as you're done because that is what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by the View Post
    As an avid pet battler, I now hate seeing the sunflower. It means my opponent has a Heal-based team, which means that even if I win it'll probably be 40+ turns in the match, and it'll be super boring. Sunlight and Wish on a single team is the dumbest thing to continue to exist going into Legion pet battling.. since they are nerfing most of the current annoyances (Graves/Howl Bomb/Shell Armor/Cleave/Undead Racial) - actually really good direction for pet battlers in Legion.
    Aw, that's too bad It's the cutest thing in the game! I don't know much about pet battles though, so I'll trust you when you say it will be super boring All I know is that Tiny Terrors of Tanaan is some difficult shit, since I see people refer to this "howl bomb" which I can't do
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    So what I realized overtime, since I've stopped organized raiding (mythic), I've became a lot more satisfied with the game. I know this will sound stupid to most of the people, but since I don't raid on certain days, at certain times, and I just join some OpenRaid pugs from time to time, and spend other ingame time to have fun with alts, run old raids for mounts, do unfinished achievements, etc.
    While I was raiding it was, OK GET PREPARE YOU START RAIDING IN 20:00 AND HAVE TO BE FOCUSED IN NEXT 3 HOURS!!! But now I can just relax, go kill Yogg-Saron, Ultraxion, Deathwing, Al'Akir, go clear some raids for gold, get some cool transmog, capture some new pets (even tho I captured every pet I can capture), I still have a lot of things to do ingame.

This is just how I feel, I understand that some people don't care about mounts, pets, achievements or anything else than the thing they do, pvp or pvp.
    Anyone shares my opinion?
    Yeah I don't mind that at all. I do mind that everything you stated I started doing after the first 3 months of WoD. While "normally" I am atleast entertained until halfway into the "content drought".

I would have been fine with the drought if it was the first such drought.

Heck, I *was* fine with the drought at the end of WotLK, that was my first, I had plenty of things to do and it felt relaxing to have time to do them. The second draught at the end of Cata was worse, but still tolerable, I was finishing what was left to finish and there wasn't much. The third draught at the end of MoP was hardly tolerable, I was making an alt army preparing for WoD, because there was next to nothing to do otherwise. The fourth draught at the end of WoD... I wasn't even there for it, I stopped playing a few months in because it was already feeling like the start of a draught, and if I did continue to play, I'd very likely have left as well.

Now, fun story. I am returning for Legion. But I am doing that on a new account and with a slightly different philosophy (not buying any collectibles on the auction house, grinding them all manually, etc). You know why? In order to have things to do in the draughts that I am completely sure the game will continue to have. This will absolutely not work for everyone, and I don't even know if that's going to work for me, but here you go, the pain from the draughts is real, they (scarce content) are the #1 issue.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    So what I realized overtime, since I've stopped organized raiding (mythic), I've became a lot more satisfied with the game. I know this will sound stupid to most of the people, but since I don't raid on certain days, at certain times, and I just join some OpenRaid pugs from time to time, and spend other ingame time to have fun with alts, run old raids for mounts, do unfinished achievements, etc.
    While I was raiding it was, OK GET PREPARE YOU START RAIDING IN 20:00 AND HAVE TO BE FOCUSED IN NEXT 3 HOURS!!! But now I can just relax, go kill Yogg-Saron, Ultraxion, Deathwing, Al'Akir, go clear some raids for gold, get some cool transmog, capture some new pets (even tho I captured every pet I can capture), I still have a lot of things to do ingame.

This is just how I feel, I understand that some people don't care about mounts, pets, achievements or anything else than the thing they do, pvp or pvp.
    Anyone shares my opinion?
    This is the new mentality of blizzard catering to the casuals which I'm actually okay with. Back in vanilla, BC and WOTLK I had the time to invest 8-12hrs a day playing wow being the best but now I enjoy the fact I can login for an hour or two and see and accomplish most of what the hardcore players are doing as well. Maybe not in the same intenisty of mythic or have the most fancy looking gear (I have tMorph for that now.. Kappa). Either way you've got to see this as a positive thing as it allows you to casually enjoy wow for 3-4 hrs a day, play some Overwatch when it comes out, and then a little moba action and get a fun filled day versus just 8-12hrs of grinding mats in WoW feeling like a zombie.

I for one welcome the change. All about pacing and it seems blizzard actually wants the wow players to have a life now outside of Warcraft. Which I'm okay with.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    This is the new mentality of blizzard catering to the casuals which I'm actually okay with. Back in vanilla, BC and WOTLK I had the time to invest 8-12hrs a day playing wow being the best but now I enjoy the fact I can login for an hour or two and see and accomplish most of what the hardcore players are doing as well. Maybe not in the same intenisty of mythic or have the most fancy looking gear (I have tMorph for that now.. Kappa). Either way you've got to see this as a positive thing as it allows you to casually enjoy wow for 3-4 hrs a day, play some Overwatch when it comes out, and then a little moba action and get a fun filled day versus just 8-12hrs of grinding mats in WoW feeling like a zombie.

I for one welcome the change. All about pacing and it seems blizzard actually wants the wow players to have a life now outside of Warcraft. Which I'm okay with.
    First of all, why do you think that your life cycles are in accordance to the life cicles of everyone else? I mean, you're not the first one in this thread to say: "Oh, I used to play 10+ hours/day but now I don't because I managed to get a life. EVERYONE GET A LIFE LIKE ME!" It's almost like you finally managed to accomplish something in your life but at the same time you have so low self esteem that you need to tell everyone how much life you got now. Successful people in life who have way more commitments than you do may still want to enjoy this game fully in depth or at least they may not expect the game to cater for their changing needs. Like you, I was playing this game hours and hours every day. Even though I don't have that time anymore, I'd much rather the game retain its meaningfulness and complexity. Furthermore, people with jobs, families and what not played this game even in the beginning, even when you may not have enjoyed it as much as you enjoy it now. You are not the pillar of the playerbase (and nor am I). Depth/options/choices is what made this game different in the first place. If it reduces to some kind of a click and play game then it will be similar to a lot of other games - the distinction that makes a lot of gamers come back to WoW again and again, would be gone. We saw half the playerbase leave during WoD. I might be completely wrong but I personally believe that if Legion will be as trash as WoD was in terms of gameplay and general content, people won't forgive for the second time. Obviously, there will always be those who will play and praise the game (and tell every critic to shut up), even if there are only 5 other gamers left on the server.

On another note, you strongly imply that casuals like yourself are bad players though (you can invest as little as 2 hours and complete almost everything, because nothing really requires you to be good or put in effort). And Blizzard kind of assumes casuals are bad, indeed. The point I'm trying to make connects to the first paragraph but basically I do believe there are still people who would enjoy a meaningul and time-consuming path in the best MMO ever made, even if they can't accomplish everything by playing an hour a day. If I want to log on once per day and accomplish as much as any hardcore player, I choose another gamegenre - like mobas (even there you have to commit more time to become decent) or you know, CandyCrush.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2016-05-17 at 09:44 PM.

Stellaris will destroy my life while WoW is down. Wife and kids are already at the in laws and I keep ignoring a call from some guy claiming to be a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Don't let the game run your life? I have a friend who does mythic raiding, plays with a large group on eve that does lots of battles, and is going to college...

Just because you either cant manage your time well or you let the game consume you doesn't mean others should have to deal with the content droughts.
    Thank you for your valued and much needed input on my life.

If you learn to read anytime soon, you might see that the post you replied to was actually not about 'others should have to deal with the content droughts', but about my experience trying to fit raiding into my game time. I really don't give a shit if you think I managed my time well or not.

So get thee hence and fornicate with thine own self.
    Last edited by JaceDraccus; 2016-05-17 at 11:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Thank you for your valued and much needed input on my life.

If you learn to read anytime soon, you might see that the post you replied to was actually not about 'others should have to deal with the content droughts', but about my experience trying to fit raiding into my game time. I really don't give a shit if you think I managed my time well or not.

So get thee hence and fornicate with thine own self.
    Hey...don't get pissed at me because I speak the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Hey...don't get pissed at me because I speak the truth.
    You don't rate 'pissed'. 'Mildly annoyed' at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    So because you have a life, a company is allowed to have near 1 year long periods of absolutely no content.

You fanboys have the strangest logic.
    No you have, the company is allowed to have a drought, it's up to customer to decide whether they want to sit it out or do something else during that timeframe...

The WoW community has really turned out very enabling over the years.

I wish I had customers like these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    You don't rate 'pissed'. 'Mildly annoyed' at best.
    How cute...telling me to go F myself...mildly annoyed? Either I have pressed your buttons or you have rage control problems...either way you have problems.

Deleted
    I see the salty legionnaires are up in full swing again.

How bout you stop letting your life revolve around WoW and take it as what it is? A game that gives you a few months of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Yeah but this drought certainly is the worst.
    I honestly don't know... hfc was well designed enough that I feel MoPs was worse or at least felt worst.

I dont get why people are trying to mesure what expansion is the worst, when content drought in generally is not acceptable in any sub based mmo, at any time.