7+ Year Old Account

Not another complaint thread

Mods, this is not a bait thread or a troll-a genuine thread.

So, Ive been gone for awhile from the forums. Ive been focused on the different alts I want to level, the different interviews and info on Legions new features, class changes and new content. I actually thought when I came back, the forums would be full to bursting with excited players, chatting about all the new things they were excited about. You know, positivity, excitement, hope and anxiousness for more info.

What the hell was I thinking.

So I read the forums, and these are an example of the titles of threads I read:

Why does Blizzard crap all over my class?
    Blizzard renamed its toilet "Paladin Lore"
    New Specs are stupid and you should feel stupid
    Blizzard gives No Cares about BM
    Artifacts are Dumb
    Class Halls are rehashed

So I sat there, and read every. Single. One. All of them. I tried to give them the time they, ah, deserved. I really did. But quite honestly, they all devolved into waahh fests. Really. I mean, we are a multi-million member community, supposedly intelligent enough to parse dps charts down to 3 decimal points, and yet the way we treat the efforts of the people who work multi-million hours to give us what we want-its like we are 5.

But, in an effort to answer these, ahem well thought out threads in a manner befitting their content, I have written out a well measured response.

Class changes

Every expansion has seen major class changes; Survival Hunters, Warlocks, adding new classes, balancing, trying new things-its a monumental task, one that several talented and dedicated individuals over the course of WoWs history have handled delicately, despite how the community hounded and demonized them.The current teams plan to take each spec and give it more identity, more like an individual class on its own, is breathtaking in scope.
    What the community should be doing is recognize the enormity of the task, and give support and recognition.

Lore Changes

So, with the changes made to the Lore recently, one can understand why people would discuss it fervently. I mean, if there's one thing we all get bent out of shape over, its Lore. That being said, Ive read, and read and re-read the lore changes. Seriously guys, dispite introducing new races, handling Illidans return, handling the Legions invasion and restarting the 4 Horsemen-they haven't skimped, mishandled or thrown the Lore down the toilet.

More on the Class changes
    Seriously. do you think Blizzard sat around a table and discussed which classes they were going to ignore, and which they were going to over-power? This is their job, their devotion and their baby. Just because an armchair developer doesn't like how it appears in development, doesn't invalidate the millions of dollars and man-hours spent, plus the billions of hours of data they have at their finger-tips.

Artifacts

The reason for Artifacts is simple-weve made it to the powerlevel of Artifacts. Our enemies aren't Troggs or boars, theyre Lords of the Burning Legion. No matter what you forge, it isn't going to be enough-you need weapons at an Artifact Level. Its not a bad choice, its the only choice. They treated all the Artifacts with respect-none of the quests were remotely a hash, or written poorly. The lore on this is nearly as perfect as it could be written, all the naysayers be damned.

Class Halls
    Probably one of my favorite features. class halls are well designed, different on every level, a success beyond the wildest dream of a game designer. Demon Hunters and Warlocks get different planets. Druids get the Emerald Dream. Warriors get Valhalla-I mean come on. Its so gorgeous its next gen. Its obvious the team wanted this to be their shock and awe-I definiltey was overwhelmed.

I could go on and on, ad nauseum. Legion will be a wild success, with or without the naysayers dollar. But I hope they don't buy it- I hope they sit back and see the millions and millions of happy satisfied consumers and realize all their whining just proved my point-theyre incompetent jealous 5-year olds who wouldn't understand a well crafted argument if it bit them in the face.

So, in order to get my point across to them, heres my message

Last edited by Bartumus22; 2016-05-17 at 03:16 AM. Reason: clarity
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    whining about whiners. Now im whining about a whiner whining about whiners. Whineception.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would agree wit you, but the sheer amount of negative threads occupy space that could be used to constructively discuss Legions many great aspects. not whiny little nonthreads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post

So, Ive been gone for awhile from the forums. Ive been focused on the different alts I want to level, the different interviews and info on Legions new features, class changes and new content. I actually thought when I came back, the forums would be full to bursting with excited players, chatting about all the new things they were excited about. You know, positivity, excitement, hope and anxiousness for more info.

Artifacts are Dumb
    Class Halls are rehashed

So I sat there, and read every. Single. One. All of them. I tried to give them the time they, ah, deserved. I really did. But quite honestly, they all devolved into waahh fests. Really. I mean, we are a multi-million member community, supposedly intelligent enough to parse dps charts down to 3 decimal points, and yet the way we treat the efforts of the people who work multi-million hours to give us what we want-its like we are 5.

But, in an effort to answer these, ahem well thought out threads in a manner befitting their content, I have written out a well measured response.

Class changes

Every expansion has seen major class changes; Survival Hunters, Warlocks, adding new classes, balancing, trying new things-its a monumental task, one that several talented and dedicated individuals over the course of WoWs history have handled delicately, despite how the community hounded and demonized them.The current teams plan to take each spec and give it more identity, more like an individual class on its own, is breathtaking in scope.
    What the community should be doing is recognize the enormity of the task, and give support and recognition.

Lore Changes

So, with the changes made to the Lore recently, one can understand why people would discuss it fervently. I mean, if there's one thing we all get bent out of shape over, its Lore. That being said, Ive read, and read and re-read the lore changes. Seriously guys, dispite introducing new races, handling Illidans return, handling the Legions invasion and restarting the 4 Horsemen-they haven't skimped, mishandled or thrown the Lore down the toilet.

Seriously. do you think Blizzard sat around a table and discussed which classes they were going to ignore, and which they were going to over-power? This is their job, their devotion and their baby. Just because an armchair developer doesn't like how it appears in development, doesn't invalidate the millions of dollars and man-hours spent, plus the billions of hours of data they have at their finger-tips.

Artifacts

The reason for Artifacts is simple-weve made it to the powerlevel of Artifacts. Our enemies aren't Troggs or boars, theyre Lords of the Burning Legion. No matter what you forge, it isn't going to be enough-you need weapons at an Artifact Level. Its not a bad choice, its the only choice. They treated all the Artifacts with respect-none of the quests were remotely a hash, or written poorly. The lore on this is nearly as perfect as it could be written, all the naysayers be damned.

Class Halls
    Probably one of my favorite features. class halls are well designed, different on every level, a success beyond the wildest dream of a game designer. Demon Hunters and Warlocks get different planets. Druids get the Emerald Dream. Warriors get Valhalla-I mean come on. Its so gorgeous its next gen. Its obvious the team wanted this to be their shock and awe-I definiltey was overwhelmed.

I could go on and on, ad nauseum. Legion will be a wild success, with or without the naysayers dollar. But I hope they don't buy it- I hope they sit back and see the millions and millions of happy satisfied consumers and realize all their whining just proved my point-theyre incompetent jealous 5-year olds who wouldn't understand a well crafted argument if it bit them in the face.

Need to quote this in its entirerity, to be sure, nothing is changed..

This is a prime example of a Troll-thread.. 99% knows it, after reading the first line, and the remaining 1% after readin the rest..

I give you 3/10, due to the length of it...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Serious my ass. Why close off with a meme picture? Now this is just like every other whiney bitching thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    who are you to call other's opinion wrong? Opinions are opinions. there is no right or wrong. If in your perspective other's opinionn seem wrong, then also understand that in other's perspective your opinions could seem wrong.

So OP, You also Please STFU.

- - - Updated - - -

HaHa. Good one.
    Goes more like this...........OP isn't calling peoples opinions wrong, but he is forgetting 1 thing.............no matter what Blizzard does, people on these forums will endlessly bitch because that is what forum posters do, I am in the beta and the only things I find wrong are things they will fix, the bugs, the lag, and the phasing issue.

You may now continue your endless bitching and moaning about a game that you will continue to play and enjoy yet bitch about just to "be cool"
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post

Artifacts are Dumb
    Class Halls are rehashed

Class changes

Lore Changes

Artifacts

Class Halls

Hear Hear! I was going to start a post tonight, something like "Do we expect too much?". Maybe I still will. But I think I like yours better.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Real question. Why do you expect people to be excited after wod?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Real question. Why do you expect people to be excited after wod?
    Oh this is a superb question! I mean everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. And you aren't wrong for having one. Personally I already fell of the blizzard hype train a long time ago. After Cataclysm I expected less and I actually got less and less and less.

WoD was the absolute turd for me. And their stance on releasing "provinces" in later patches just baffles me. It is like they would implement Stormpeak or Borean Tundra at a later patch. Just because... it stretches content.. And that is just a small part of what is wrong currently. But bottomline is: I do not trust blizzard anymore. I don't expect anything anymore. And I lost my faith in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Oh this is a superb question! I mean everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. And you aren't wrong for having one. Personally I already fell of the blizzard hype train a long time ago. After Cataclysm I expected less and I actually got less and less and less.

WoD was the absolute turd for me. And their stance on releasing "provinces" in later patches just baffles me. It is like they would implement Stormpeak or Borean Tundra at a later patch. Just because... it stretches content.. And that is just a small part of what is wrong currently. But bottomline is: I do not trust blizzard anymore. I don't expect anything anymore. And I lost my faith in WoW.

This is the attitude I'm talking about. Yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion-constructively. This torch and pitchfork waving just because WoD wasn't the success the Devs hoped for is ridiculous. If you don't like something, use words that help your idea. Not spew a tantrum like a 5 year old. Or call for Devs jobs just because Waaaaahhhh muh class

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping if I make enough of these posts itll cause some of the complainers to wake up. Not a lot but some.

You guys don't seem to realize that your sissy reactions completely prove his point.

7+ Year Old Account
    People don't seem to care that their reactions resemble 5 year olds

- - - Updated - - -

well, I expected more discussion than this

- - - Updated - - -

well, guess that is that

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a core reason people bitch all the time. There's a reason the community has gotten so confrontational and negative.

We're bored as fuck..

The ball has totally been in Blizzard's court to not leave us hanging with a sub-par expansion and 14 months of sweet fuck-all new content and they couldn't be bothered. We're all emotionally invested in the franchise and the lore and the game but we've had all this time to stew in our own juices and nitpick things to pieces simply because there's nothing left.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    We're bored as fuck..
    Turn off the computer and go play outdoors for a bit? Blizz doesn't owe you a life for $15/month. All things in moderation, even WoW.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    whining about whiners. Now im whining about a whiner whining about whiners. Whineception.
    I think you may have created Whine paradox and we are all about to go boom from the incoming whineplosion..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Turn off the computer and go play outdoors for a bit? Blizz doesn't owe you a life for $15/month. All things in moderation, even WoW.
    Me? I'm good. I haven't even been subscribed for 6 months. Doesn't stop me caring about the game enough peripherally to visit these forums occasionally though.

The OP asked a question, I provided a viewpoint I'm sure I'm not alone in having. Can we please stop it with the canned apologist responses?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.