Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    What's that?
    Anyway if its in fact that annoying and effecting your performance just talk to a superviser.
    I agree with talking to the supervisor. He/she may be able to come up with a workable solution. If they tell you there is nothing they can do then you have two choices. Put up with it or find another job.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Sounds to me like the OP is the one with a problem. Suck it up, working in environments like that, noise is par for the course. If he moves and someone else sits there, they are going to annoy you too.

Find a different job, that one isnt for you.

and ...... Listening to music gives you a neck ache? Better see the doc about that one.
    Welcome to the world of cubicles, we get to smell each other's farts too!

Yeah, OP is making a big deal out of a little thing. If you bring it up to a supervisor you'll get a rep as one of "those" people

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Sounds to me like the OP is the one with a problem. Suck it up, working in environments like that, noise is par for the course. If he moves and someone else sits there, they are going to annoy you too.

Find a different job, that one isnt for you.

and ...... Listening to music gives you a neck ache? Better see the doc about that one.
    Ya, been here for 3 years, highest in seniority in my office. Great advice to find a new job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    If that is true, then you don't really have a leg to stand on.
    If it was true, he would have said something by now. Just like he did 2 years ago at our old office. If my music was too loud, he'd let me know. He hasn't done so in a very long time so he's bullshitting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree with talking to the supervisor. He/she may be able to come up with a workable solution. If they tell you there is nothing they can do then you have two choices. Put up with it or find another job.
    Yes talk to a supervisor and be THAT guy for the rest of your working carreer in your office.
    Seriously, don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    Ya, been here for 3 years, highest in seniority in my office. Great advice to find a new job.
    wow a whole 3 years, yeah you definitely should be running the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Yeah, OP is making a big deal out of a little thing.
    For some, it is not a little thing. Supervision in a lot places, esp. close quarters type environments have to deal with this a lot. I know. I was a supervisor of 38 people working on 3 shifts. The hardest part of my job was trying to keep a work environment where everyone felt comfortable to work in. It was a high tech, sophisticated, type work, so the less stress you could create, the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yes talk to a supervisor and be THAT guy for the rest of your working carreer in your office.
    Seriously, don't.
    Bull. I dealt with it a lot when I use to work. On both sides of the fence. Sure, you did not want to become a whiner always complaining. But if you feel uncomfortable talking to your supervisor for what is a serous issue for you, then your supervisor sucks.

i had a problem like this myself once. there was a really mouthy broad that used to yell about nothing a lot. so i went to the store one day before work and bought me a water gun and anytime that broad got mouthy or loud that day she got hit with a icy cold blast of water. it worked to stop her from yelling and it also worked to keep my cats of the counter

my suggestion to you is to go buy yourself a nerf gun or a water gun and anytime that fella across the way starts mouth breathing or talking to himself just hit him with a dart or a nice icy blast of cold water.

if people want to act like animals, treat them like animals

wow a whole 3 years, yeah you definitely should be running the place.
    Wasn't aware I said I was running the place.

The company is 5 years old, I've taken on more responsibility than anyone else in my office. My boss likes me. I think I'm in a good place.

I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post
    i had a problem like this myself once. there was a really mouthy broad that used to yell about nothing a lot. so i went to the store one day before work and bought me a water gun and anytime that broad got mouthy or loud that day she got hit with a icy cold blast of water. it worked to stop her from yelling and it also worked to keep my cats of the counter

my suggestion to you is to go buy yourself a nerf gun or a water gun and anytime that fella across the way starts mouth breathing or talking to himself just hit him with a dart or a nice icy blast of cold water.

Lol that's an interesting take on it. Unfortunately there is a wall that separates us.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was true, he would have said something by now. Just like he did 2 years ago at our old office. If my music was too loud, he'd let me know. He hasn't done so in a very long time so he's bullshitting.
    He said, she said. Why should I believe you and not him? How do I know you don't just hold a grudge from when he complained about you before? Have other workers complained about him?

Deleted

Yeah, OP is making a big deal out of a little thing. If you bring it up to a supervisor you'll get a rep as one of "those" people
    Cubicles are such a 1990's thing, arent they?

The people working here just share one big, open space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post

Lol! That type of behavior can get you into trouble in some work places. There are better solutions.

These are things you will have to accept if you want to work in the adult film industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    He said, she said. Why should I believe you and not him? How do I know you don't just hold a grudge from when he complained about you before? Have other workers complained about him?
    I don't listen to music much anyways, as I mentioned I get a headache.

No one has complained about him to our boss, people have mentioned his loud behaviors to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Cubicles are such a 1990's thing, arent they?

The people working here just share one big, open space.
    It depends. The more modern places have open spaces which are even worse than cubicles, you can't even pick your nose or make a funny face. The older places have offices which I still prefer. Some new places are going with offices too. So it depends.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account

No one has complained about him to our boss, people have mentioned his loud behaviors to me though.
    I once had a worker who was very overweight , but otherwise a good worker and some workers came to me and complained he smelled really bad. I talked to him and the complaints stopped because he was not even aware he did. He started to take better care of himself and use deodorants. If your supervisor does not know about a issue, he/she can not help to solve it.

Deleted
    It depends. The more modern places have open spaces which are even worse than cubicles, you can't even pick your nose or make a funny face. The older places have offices which I still prefer. Some new places are going with offices too. So it depends.
    Plus side is I can watch them all at once from my office and give them the evil eye if they arent working hard enough!

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not evidence it isn't too loud when you do.

If you have the support of others, then go to a supervisor collectively if it is affecting the workplace. If nobody else is willing to go forward, then is he really an issue?

Perhaps the two of you have been put together because you are both annoyingly loud.

10+ Year Old Account

Problem solved..

/thread
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."