Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts on Legion Beta so far

I decided to give a bit of insight on my Beta experience so far. Ignoring all the bugs and crashing, I have to say it's been fantastic. There's so much more to this expansion than anything WOD had to offer, and I've yet to enter a raid. A few main points I'd like to speak on:

The questing is really well done. Alot of small quests in each area of every zone, makes it pretty easy to really get rolling through the levels while still enjoying the gameplay. I feel like Azsuna is the quickest zone by far, I'll probably begin leveling there when Legion goes live. Stormheim has some amazing quests, and is well worth exploring. Highmountain is pretty cool, there were alot of phasing issues that held up the process in this zone. All in all, I'd suggest entering a zone and finishing it completrly, you can hit 110 purely from questing and some exploration.

Surumar. This is hands down the most beautiful zone they've ever done. I don't think anything comes remotely close to it. Once you get to see it, I feel like most players will appreciate it. The level 110 questing seems interesting.

Finally, world quests. I haven't had this much fun doing world content in my time playing the game. It's awesome for the initial gearing phase, and with a group of friends will be a great way to pass the time playing. Got lots of WF gear, Guildy got an 875 piece, and the World Bosses apparently give a guaranteed 850 piece. I hit 110 today and I'm 805 I lvl already. Heroic dungeons require 810, which I feel is easily doable within a couple days.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your feedback re beta thus far.

New and shiny = fun

There was another chap or chapette that gave feedback much like yours.

Of course feedback like this isn't unusual.

New content. Exciting stuff.

Let's wait until we are 3 to 4 months into Legion live, before we get too carried away.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Pleasing to see Blizzard try new things like the world quests, new challenge modes and the parallel progression paths that artifact weapons offer instead of the old leveling/dungeons/raids that we've had for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post

New and shiny = fun

Let's wait until we are 3 to 4 months into Legion live, before we get too carried away.
    the salt is real

New and shiny = fun

On topic, I do agree with the OP. I have got into the beta and have been enjoying it a lot for the same reasons as mentioned above.

For me it's hard to give any sort of rating/review for Legion beta after less than a week. There's things I like currently that will probably be changed before August, and there's things I don't like right now that will probably change as well. The whole level adjustment thing in the new zones seems to be only working intermittently right now - I've hit lvl 101 and 110 mobs of the same kind in the same spot, and that doesn't bode well for survivability at lvl 100 fresh off the intro quests for Legion. That being said, I do like the way bonus objectives organically appear in line with your spot in the questing chain (as compared to having to go seek them out in WoD), and I'm enjoying the overall plotline so far.

The biggest thing to keep in mind though is that this is a beta build, and most likely not close to what Legion will actually look like on August 30. There's still cutscenes missing, and even in the Demon Hunter starting area there are "construction" barriers in places that indicate that perticular area or object is still being worked on. Id say Legion may be a bit further along than WoD was when it went into beta, but the build we got on Thursday is not ready for August 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    the salt is real
    Nothing salty about it actually.

- - - Updated - - -

snip stupid picture...

Again...nothing salty about it.

For the benefit of the 2 characters quoting me...if i was salty i would have criticised the OP and instructed him/her not to enjoy the beta gameplay because i had it on good information that when Legion goes live it will be bad blah blah blah blah.

So is suggest you 2 actually decipher what 'salty' means and wisen up.

Maybe i didn't make my point clear enough in the initial post of mine for the salty spewers:

yes, Legion looks good thus far, it is beta, it isn't live, will it have replayability 3 to 4 months in? After going live?

That's my point.

Do i have an issue with people enjoying beta?
    No.
    Do we all know what will be going live and what may be cut/left out?
    No.
    Do we know if the Legion gameplay will keep us entertained for many many months, possibly a year or more (with a supported update via content patches etc)?
    No.
    Last edited by Heeresman; 2016-05-17 at 10:59 AM.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing salty about it actually.

- - - Updated - - -

snip stupid picture...

Again...nothing salty about it.

For the benefit of the 2 characters quoting me...if i was salty i would have criticised the OP and instructed him/her not to enjoy the beta gameplay because i had it on good information that when Legion goes live it will be bad blah blah blah blah.

So is suggest you 2 actually decipher what 'salty' means and wisen up.

Maybe i didn't make my point clear enough in the initial post of mine for the salty spewers:

yes, Legion looks good thus far, it is beta, it isn't live, will it have replayability 3 to 4 months in? After going live?

That's my point.

Do i have an issue with people enjoying beta?
    No.
    Do we all know what will be going live and what may be cut/left out?
    No.
    Do we know if the Legion gameplay will keep us entertained for many many months, possibly a year or more (with a supported update via content patches etc)?
    No.
    You seem even more salty after this post.

On topic, I posted this to give a bit of info on subjects I haven't seen much of. I've yet to hear anyone give tips for leveling, I've yet to hear people talk about the length of each zone, I've yet to hear enough about world quests.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think you guys are confusing realistic and pragmatic with salty. He doesn't seem salty in the least, just aware of the reality of how these cycles have traditionally gone.
    You seem like you're swimming in the same salt water

Deleted
    the salt is real
    How is that salty?

Unless I'm mistaken salty is supposed to mean upset right? He/she seems more cautious to not let the hype of new content get the better of his/her judgement, which is a rather sensible attitude to have.

People thought WoD was great the first month of its release as well, look at people's opinion of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post
    How is that salty?
    Pretty simple - if you enjoy the content for 4 month, then it is already a win for you. Who ever give a fhdsjfhksdaghfhja about what coming next? That like:
    "Yeah people like this first part of the book, but we don't know what will happen in 2nd part of the book, so this book sucks."
    That how i see it. If you don't enjoy the game after 4 months playing then just cancel the subscription.

Here the deal - the game is fun right now and will be fun for the first month probably. After first month you can -
    1) continue playing if you still enjoy the game.
    2) stop playing(aka paying) if you don't enjoy the game

This is so simple. Why would you care about what coming next after initial launch? That's blizzard's problem not yours. Player payed initial price and recieve their portion of fun on on launch and can leave after that.

Yes, Legions questing is by far the best questing Blizzard has ever done and thats with a lot of the "talking head" stuff broken, phasing issues and no cinematics yet.
    It's going to be great once it's all fixed.

Surumar is also pretty amazing. Not what you're used to in an end game zone, thats for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    Pretty simple - if you enjoy the content for 4 month, then it is already a win for you. Who ever give a fhdsjfhksdaghfhja about what coming next? That like:
    "Yeah people like this first part of the book, but we don't know what will happen in 2nd part of the book, so this book sucks."
    That how i see it. If you don't enjoy the game after 4 months playing then just cancel the subscription.

Here the deal - the game is fun right now and will be fun for the first month probably. After first month you can -

This is so simple. Why would you care about what coming next after initial launch? That's blizzard's problem not yours. Player payed initial price and recieve their portion of fun on on launch and can leave after that.
    You didn't explain how his/her post was salty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    You seem even more salty after this post.
    ???

Yes the question marks have me bemused.

EDIT: Thank you to the folks who are also bemused by the others calling me salty.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that, in these forums, if you don't agree that the Legion beta is amazing, you're salty.

To be fair, I'm also playing the Beta and I feel very much like the OP: New maps, new quests, new class mechanics, new dialogs, artifacts, etc.

It all seems so amazing but I'm on board with @Heeresman. I'm looking at it objectively and hoping this content stays fresh AND relevant throughout the lifespan of the expansion so we don't have a WoD 2.0

I remember the last beta I took part in was Cata's and I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread and we all know how that turned out...

TL;DR: Too early to draw conclusions, let's wait for live before we hail this expansion as the best one so far.

A
    the salt is real
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    [IMG] picture snip. Are you 12?

On topic, I do agree with the OP. I have got into the beta and have been enjoying it a lot for the same reasons as mentioned above.

Can you baboons do everyone a favor and stop posting altogether? Your posts are incredibly ignorant. While you're at it, learn what salty means, because his post is pragmatic, realistic and cautious. There is no salt.

I'm playing the Beta aswell and i agree with the OP. The thing i'm missing though is a mention of the new spell and melee animations. Damm they are great, I've always dislike playing a frost DK, but now, my god it feels so satisfying and really brutal just as a warrior really putting some effort into the fight. For casters the animations haven't changed much except for the spells itself, really great but as Demo warlock i have no idea what is going on :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty simple - if you enjoy the content for 4 month, then it is already a win for you. Who ever give a fhdsjfhksdaghfhja about what coming next?
    Yes and then after 4 months will you be playing?
    Or will you be one of the ones posting incessantly on MMO Champs calling for Blizzard's head.

That how i see it
    You see it so wrong.
    Painfully wrong.
    Now-where did i ever say that Legion WILL suck, as you put it.
    If you don't enjoy the game after 4 months playing then just cancel the subscription.
    Well yes, that would be an option but i actually enjoy WoW.
    And i will more than likely enjoy Legion.

So your point is? What exactly?

You are grasping at something that is just not there.
    Or here.
    Or anywhere for that matter.
    I suggest you command a better grasp of english and re-read my posts prior to this one and get back to me and explain to me what got you started on this strange reply of yours, which indicates you don't understand in the least what i was posting.

Well, yes........aaaaand?

What does that have to do with my original posts and being called, wrongly might i add, salty?
    Like, really?

Why would you care about what coming next after initial launch?
    Well if you really have to ask that then i suggest you think about why you play the game, or, i'll give you a bigger hint: why a consumer cares about what product a company releases.
    (This of course does not mean that i am currently not enjoying this product called WoW, before anyone puts words in my mouth).
    That's blizzard's problem not yours. Player payed initial price and recieve their portion of fun on on launch and can leave after that.
    Where the fu*k is this all coming from?

EDIT: I'm out of this thread.
    Reason being i don't want to derail it by replying to people who don't have a basic understanding of english.

Carry on good folks.
    Last edited by Heeresman; 2016-05-17 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by York View Post
    A

Can you baboons do everyone a favor and stop posting altogether? Your posts are incredibly ignorant. While you're at it, learn what salty means, because his post is pragmatic, realistic and cautious. There is no salt.
    No I'm not 12 you bum face!