Multiple Artifacts

Sorry if this has already be answered but I can't find it anywhere. I'd like to know how are the multi-spec handled is Legion. Let's say I'm a Enh Shaman, so after the intro quest I got my Doomhammer.

Then for the need of the raid, i have to switch to resto, how do I get the resto artifact weapon ???

And the same applies for pvp, i like to pvp with multiple spec of one class.

Thanks !

You get quests for the OS weapons as you level to max so you will have all three weapons available.

However, in order to unlock the talents you'll need to choose if you put all of your artifact power in your MS one or split it between the specs. Same with the relics. In other words if you need to swap specs a lot you're a bit fucked because blizzard feels we shouldn't do that in this expansion. How much of a problem that is depends a bit on what level you raid at, I'd think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trample View Post
    Sorry if this has already be answered but I can't find it anywhere. I'd like to know how are the multi-spec handled is Legion. Let's say I'm a Enh Shaman, so after the intro quest I got my Doomhammer.

Then for the need of the raid, i have to switch to resto, how do I get the resto artifact weapon ???

Thanks !
    At the moment you get the second artifact, lets say resto, if you are level 102 and switch spec to rest.
    There will be a quest inside your order hall to chose another artifact and you will do the scenario -> get second weapon.
    (i did it with my blood dk, did frost second)
    Last edited by mmoc7530589043; 2016-05-17 at 12:20 PM.

When discussed in chat you can seemingly from lvl 102 onwards start the quests for artifacts for other specs.
    As to how you do that I do not know for certain, as I have not yet reached that point as the phasing issues and disconnections are somewhat killing my desire to play much.
    I get that "beta is beta", but roadblocking such a huge part of the content is frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Thanks !
    This is working like that: Ding 102 level. Go to the class hall ->change spec -> Quest for this spec artifact will appaer at npc x(whoever it is in your class hall).
    Done it with Resto -> Boomkin druid. Dunno if i can get 3rd(+ 4th for druid) artifact on level 102. Probably not but I didn't try.

Thanks everyone. Now i'm asking myself if you can get that 3rd weapon (or even 4th for druids).

My only problem with the offspec quests is that they're subject to the same scaling as all other Legion content but you might not have the weapons to do them since Broken Isles mobs rarely drop weapons.

Your Class Hall has a vendor which sells some 685-ish weapons for gold, which will get the job done if you do the quests as soon as they're available at 102, but will make it a bit more annoying if you level all the way to 110 before doing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone. Now i'm asking myself if you can get that 3rd weapon (or even 4th for druids).
    Yes, it just requires a higher level (105, I think it was).

Deleted
    you can get all weapons by the time you are max level. The main issue will be how much time you are willing to invest grinding that artifact power to keep all of you artifacts leveled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    you can get all weapons by the time you are max level. The main issue will be how much time you are willing to invest grinding that artifact power to keep all of you artifacts leveled.
    Well, as you spend more power, the costs of traits decrease, so each artifact will require less power to unlock traits with than the previous one did, which will make keeping up multiple artifacts a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Well, as you spend more power, the costs of traits decrease, so each artifact will require less power to unlock traits with than the previous one did, which will make keeping up multiple artifacts a lot easier.
    It's actually the opposite. Costs go up per trait, linearly for about the first 10, then exponentially. Though this is different for each artifact, so the first trait you buy on your offspec artifact will cost the same as the first trait on every other artifact.

As you quest though you'll unlock something called Artifact Knowledge which permanently increases the rate of AP acquisition. So leveling an offspec artifact will be a bit faster as by then you'll be gaining AP at several times the base rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    It's actually the opposite. Costs go up per trait, linearly for about the first 10, then exponentially. Though this is different for each artifact, so the first trait you buy on your offspec artifact will cost the same as the first trait on every other artifact.

As you quest though you'll unlock something called Artifact Knowledge which permanently increases the rate of AP acquisition. So leveling an offspec artifact will be a bit faster as by then you'll be gaining AP at several times the base rate.
    Ah, right, I think I was using older information there. Either way, the important thing is that leveling up off-spec artifacts requires less effort than the first one.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you ever max out your main spec weapon say sometime in 2019, you should then start on your off spec, you can get the weapon right away by just switching specs and doing the quest

My only problem with the offspec quests is that they're subject to the same scaling as all other Legion content but you might not have the weapons to do them since Broken Isles mobs rarely drop weapons.

Your Class Hall has a vendor which sells some 685-ish weapons for gold, which will get the job done if you do the quests as soon as they're available at 102, but will make it a bit more annoying if you level all the way to 110 before doing them.
    emmmm...you can do spec specific artifact quest with any spec. I done moonkin quest with resto druid(my first artifact).
    BTW questing with resto is much easier for me then questing with balance.
    The reason: Damage of course a little bit stronger as balance (30-40% difference) but resto could sustain a lot more mobs at the same time. For example 4 mobs for balance = dead moonkin. 6 mobs for resto - cast hurricane + sunstrike and heal yourself.

But balance has more satisfying rotation. But just for info leveling as healer is not that bad in legion.
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-05-18 at 07:01 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    When discussed in chat you can seemingly from lvl 102 onwards start the quests for artifacts for other specs.
    As to how you do that I do not know for certain, as I have not yet reached that point as the phasing issues and disconnections are somewhat killing my desire to play much.
    I get that "beta is beta", but roadblocking such a huge part of the content is frustrating.
    Asked that last night in beta and after finding out when you get the next one you have to be double sure of what spec you want to level up with for that reason..

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh that is very cool as was not sure when I looked at what it costs in AP it is a bit scarey.. lol

I really like the general idea of artifacts. I would just prefer, especially for classes with different role specs, to have some way to maybe switch the artifacts points to the off-spec weapon, without any cost.
    For example, you are at a boss and a healer from your guild has to leave for some reason. You have an elemental shammy in your group who could heal. But he can't perform that well, because he has not leveled the resto artifact yet. Having a temporary way to change points would solve this issue. Maybe put a cooldown on it so you can't change every minute, but like once in 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    From how it currenly works, dual speccing a lot seems like a really bad idea in Legion.

It takes ages to level up your artifact weapon, and the talents are so strong that there'll be a vast difference in effectiveness between weapons with only a few talent points of difference. The goal is really to push people into their 'main specs' and to disencourage swapping back and forth as much.

A shaman who specs back and forth between Resto and Enhancement on the go will only be half as good a healer as a full-time Resto shaman or only half as good a DPS as a full-time Enhance Shammy, because of the artifact talents, because of the difference in weapon power.
    Thats only during leveling. after hitting level 110 there is a quest in your class hall "artifact knowledge" it requires you to do some outdoor tasks (some are in heroic/normal dungeons, some just world tasks) after you complete this quest you recieve artifact knowledge trait that allow you to gain AP much faster(depending on how much your artifact is leveled. so it is easier to catch with other artifacts then max out the main artifact. .