Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    national identity

cuse when you fail to achieve at least youre still cool because your parents were achievers enough to have kids.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    That would be a plastic Frenchie, by definition. I am not French, an ability to speak French is an irrelevance to that. And I am not sure why you keep using the idea of not speaking French, English is a language used officially in Ireland.

One of my old flat mates was from Lurgan, his grandfather or great grandfather was in the IRA - the proper one, not the terrorist lot - none of his family spoke Irish, according to your 'logic' that bloke from San Francisco was native whereas a bloke who was born, lived, died in Ireland and fought for independence was not.
    You are missing the key of the story, a "Plastic Paddy," is not a random person but is a descendant of the Irish diaspora in America typically, or Australia if they got the tin ticket.

In the case of my encounter, both had Irish surnames, both were of Irish descent. His ancestor was starved out of Ireland by England and England's policies, or should I say Great Britain's policies.

I see merely two people of Irish descent. One who can speak Irish, one who cannot. I give more weight to the man who can speak Irish versus the one who cannot but I never sought to call anyone "plastic." If anything I would argue the need to call someone "plastic," reflects an inherent insecurity about ones own identity, a lack of assurance on the accusers part that they are what they are for they don't know what they are. Its a sign of weakness IMHO, a weakness of spirit and character.

Since your typical person from Ireland of Gaeil descent and the typical American of Gaeil descent speak English and live under English common law, it seems a silly thing to reduce Irishness to being born on a patch of dirt. *shrug* maybe we all need to look inward for a change. I would argue our friend from Dublin had some insecurity about who he was and who he is in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

LMAO seriously? assads chasing the refugees into europe? thats some stupid as fuck conspiracy right there!

Its like the west just completely forgot that ISIS is a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    You are missing the key of the story, a "Plastic Paddy," is not a random person but is a descendant of the Irish diaspora in America typically, or Australia if they got the tin ticket.

In the case of my encounter, both had Irish surnames, both were of Irish descent. His ancestor was starved out of Ireland by England and England's policies, or should I say Great Britain's policies.

I see merely two people of Irish descent. One who can speak Irish, one who cannot. I give more weight to the man who can speak Irish versus the one who cannot but I never sought to call anyone "plastic." If anything I would argue the need to call someone "plastic," reflects an inherent insecurity about ones own identity, a lack of assurance on the accusers part that they are what they are for they don't know what they are. Its a sign of weakness IMHO, a weakness of spirit and character.

Since your typical person from Ireland of Gaeil descent and the typical American of Gaeil descent speak English and live under English common law. *shrug* maybe we all need to look inward for a change. I would argue our friend from Dublin had some insecurity about who he was and who he is in the world.
    You want it to be about the insecurity of others, but that is because you are a plastic Taffy, your attempt to try and turn it around is so weak and transparent.

Who is more likely to be insecure about themselves - the person raised in a country that has no reason whatsoever to doubt their identity, or the person raised elsewhere, feeling lost and trying to tie themselves into a culture they were not truly a part of?

I understand the need to try and find out who you are, but creating a false sense of identity is not doing that. Accept being American, other than their silly accents and frankly bizarre firearm legislation, there is nothing wrong with being a septic.

Also Gaeilge =/= isn't comparable to Ancient Greek or Latin, Gaeilge is an actual living language with native speakers.
    Well... living-ish. It's one of those borderline endangered languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well... living-ish. It's one of those borderline endangered languages.
    Living is Living, Its status is somewhat improving thanks to the Gaelscoil, though not everyone is content with that. Gaeilge is starting to finally make headway no thanks to government policy. The language is starting to attain a more urban set, a more elite status and a lot more cultural power than it once had.

- - - Updated - - -

You want it to be about the insecurity of others, but that is because you are a plastic Taffy, your attempt to try and turn it around is so weak and transparent.

Who is more likely to be insecure about themselves - the person raised in a country that has no reason whatsoever to doubt their identity, or the person raised elsewhere, feeling lost and trying to tie themselves into a culture they were not truly a part of?

I understand the need to try and find out who you are, but creating a false sense of identity is not doing that. Accept being American, other than their silly accents and frankly bizarre firearm legislation, there is nothing wrong with being a septic.
    And here we have it, a man from Malta calls a woman from America plastic. We both are born to the same island, but nah, I don't agree so he turns to a quasi-nativist arguement of "I've lived there longer of my life." To which I am unimpressed.

You know what? I've never once called myself British, even refused the title. And, save for Top Gear awhile ago, I've got little use for the TV.

The man charging plasticness always seems to be insecure himself. There you are living in Malta, perhaps worried you aren't what you are. Better re-assure yourself by being a dick to someone else.

As for Taffy? Use your English-ism's all you want. I only speak English in America and that word has no meaning here.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here we have it, a man from Malta calls a woman from America plastic. We both are born to the same island, but nah, I don't agree so he turns to a quasi-nativist arguement of "I've lived there longer of my life." To which I am unimpressed.

You know what? I've never once called myself British, even refused the title. And, save for Top Gear awhile ago, I've got little use for the TV.

The man charging plasticness always seems to be insecure himself. There you are living in Malta, perhaps worried you aren't what you are. Better re-assure yourself by being a dick to someone else.

As for Taffy? Use your English-ism's all you want. I only speak English in America and that word has no meaning here.
    I am not from Malta, I was not raised in Malta, I am not a citizen of Malta, I am not a permanent resident of Malta and I am not currently even in Malta, unless somebody moved the New Forest overnight.

You keep trying to accuse others of insecurity, but you are the one trying to link yourself into a culture thousands of miles from where you are and where you grew up. I was surrounded by British people growing up, even when I am in Malta I am surrounded by British people. You constantly display a complete lack of knowledge regarding culture in the British Isles, even the simplest things that everybody here takes for granted, you don't know them.

You are literally displaying all the signs of someone trying to discover who they are, e.g. mentioning you speak some regional languages in every other post, you are the dictionary definition of insecure. As I said, your attempt to accuse others of what is so blatantly obvious in yourself is weak and transparent.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am not from Malta, I was not raised in Malta, I am not a citizen of Malta, I am not a permanent resident of Malta and I am not currently even in Malta, unless somebody moved the New Forest overnight.

You keep trying to accuse others of insecurity, but you are the one trying to link yourself into a culture thousands of miles from where you are and where you grew up. I was surrounded by British people growing up, even when I am in Malta I am surrounded by British people. You constantly display a complete lack of knowledge regarding culture in the British Isles, even the simplest things that everybody here takes for granted, you don't know them.

You are literally displaying all the signs of someone trying to discover who they are, e.g. mentioning you speak some regional languages in every other post, you are the dictionary definition of insecure. As I said, your attempt to accuse others of what is so blatantly obvious in yourself is weak and transparent.
    Well so far the only one accusing people of being fake and resorting immediately to identity is you good sir. I merely speak from what I know and my own history and education, you however seem to always fall back on crude insults and nativism whenever it suites you while also ironically insulting others for nativism.

So here we are, both of us saying the other is projecting. So what do we do from here good King of England? I'd also like to note, you shot first and made this personal.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-05-17 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well so far the only one accusing people of being fake and resorting immediately to identity is you good sir. I merely speak from what I know and my own history and education, you however seem to always fall back on crude insults and nativism whenever it suites you while also ironically insulting others for nativism.

So here we are, both of us saying the other is projecting. So what do we do from here good King of England?
    You are annoying enough as it is without resorting to RPing.

Why should I not accuse you of being fake if you are fake? Why do people have this strange notion that others should accept bullshit spouted online? Do you want a safe space away from the big meany pointing out your nonsense?

And when you start accusing others of using crude insults, you conveniently forget that you are the one who accused English men of wanting to rape Welsh women. You don't get much cruder than that.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are annoying enough as it is without resorting to RPing.

Why should I not accuse you of being fake if you are fake? Why do people have this strange notion that others should accept bullshit spouted online? Do you want a safe space away from the big meany pointing out your nonsense?

And when you start accusing others of using crude insults, you conveniently forget that you are the one who accused English men of wanting to rape Welsh women. You don't get much cruder than that.
    If you wish to make it personal, why do you get so butt furious when I question WHY you make things personal. You seem so incredibly vicious about peoples personal identity when it comes to these debates and your unable to keep things from going personal.

Why not simply block me?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wish to make it personal, why do you get so butt furious when I question WHY you make things personal. You seem so incredibly vicious about peoples personal identity when it comes to these debates and your unable to keep things from going personal.

Why not simply block me?
    The other way around, I have no issue with pointing out the crap you come up with, if you don't like it then don't respond.

And you don't get to call me vicious when you accuse millions of people of wanting to be rapists just because they happen to be English men. Your hypocrisy is incredible.

If I lived there I would 1000% vote to leave the eu. You have no borders with a 3rd world continent if you remain in the eu. That is disastrous. Those refugees don't even need to walk to their host countries, the eu is just flying them in like clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So it's an hour long. They seem to bring up most of their points in the first five minutes.
    If what they claim in the first five minutes is what they believe in then we should kick them out, can't let such stupility spread by allowing them free movement in the EU. They are simply ignorant and do not know what they are talking about. The EU is more democratic than the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    The remain campaign has brought out the big guns...

There's only one thing to say about that.

Ed Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ugh..
    Either get the fuck out of the EU or stay in.
    But this constant threatening has made it lose all meaning.
    I concur, I'm getting sick of uneducated people (about how the EU works that is) constantly repeating those lies politicans use to make a scapegoat out of the EU for everything while claiming all of its successes for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    There's only one thing to say about that.

Ed Balls

Ed Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Is the UK going to suddenly not help any refugees if it stops being part of the EU? This whole movie sounds like some sort of xenophobia propaganda exercise.
    No, they will just use the support of the EU in dealing with immigration, they are still bound by the treaties they signed to the affect that they would grant asylum to anyone showing up in their country with a legit reason (as specified in those treaties). It has nothing to do with the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    And how many of those refugees has the EU flown into the UK on those imaginary clockwork flights?
    An unimaginably enormous number, I'm sure. (We'll sometimes I suspect "3" might already fit that bill for some people.)

Deleted
    Actually the UK's border is located in Calais, which helps them a lot when it comes to managing the migrants
    The french government threatened the UK to revoke the treaty allowing the UK to have their borders in Calais if they were to leave the EU, which would let loose all of the migrants that want to go in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Actually the UK's border is located in Calais, which helps them a lot when it comes to managing the migrants
    The french government threatened the UK to revoke the treaty allowing the UK to have their borders in Calais if they were to leave the EU, which would let loose all of the migrants that want to go in the UK
    It is not really the border that is over there, just border control.