Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Even if this WERE true, the simple work around would just be to invest you gold now in something that would retain value after the "rollback", then sell it on the auction house when you needed gold.

The reason this would never, ever happen, especially now, is because people pay real money for gold via tokens, and for them to take that gold away from people who paid for it would cause some massive issues.

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    The question is not if its a lie. What if its true?
    The question is not if you are trolling. It is if you're trolling well...

OP: no, that won't happen, because gold has legal real life currency cost now. Doing that stuff is equal to stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Hahahaha. Oh my God. I cannot possibly think of a way Blizzad could possibly make their entire playerbase quit the game. We'd go from 8mil players on Legion pre-launch hype to less than 100k. Not even being hyperbolic.
    You seriously underestimate the number of people who have no gold in game, though.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I don't think Blizzard could even think about resetting gold counts with tokens being purchased with real money to sell for gold. Could you imagine buying a token one day and then having the gold you sold it for vanish the next?

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    OP: no, that won't happen, because gold has legal real life currency cost now. Doing that stuff is equal to stealing.

You seriously underestimate the number of people who have no gold in game, though.
    $100 is a lot to a poor man, change to a rich man. The analogy is likely similar in WoW. To a noob finally pushing their way over 10k for that sweet, sweet vendor mammoth only to lose it all would be enough to quit the game altogether. Whereas for you and I we make 10k just logging in for 15 minutes, yeah?

Not sure if this 100 percent accurate. Take this with a grain of salt, but there has been this huge gold inflation with Warlords of Draenor. Players making thousands to millions with alts preparing for Legion. I read somewhere the joke is going to be on the players because Blizzard is going to implement a Gold rollback when the game is released so that everyone starts at 0.0.0.
    This is the sort of small-minded, envious behaviour that's present in not just WoW's playerbase, but everywhere these days. "They have more than I do, therefore they must lose it all."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is it that bullshit threads like this exist ?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

They could roll back all experience so every char and alt starts at lvl1 again.

The question is: what if its true?

Deleted
    Imagine the explosion of anger on the forums if that were to happen.

That would bury the game forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand that, but I wouldn't rule it out. They have removed mounts, legendary's, Reputations, PVP Ranking etc.
    Really, they removed mounts, legendaries and reputations from the people who had earned them? When? Give an example.

Removing mounts and legendaries and reputations from being newly earnable isn't remotely the same thing. They've never "rolled back" those things. They're obviously not going to roll back gold. Might as well say you heard a "rumor" that they're rolling back all character levels and everyone starts from level 1. Just as plausible.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Really, they removed mounts, legendaries and reputations from the people who had earned them? When? Give an example.

Removing mounts and legendaries and reputations from being newly earnable isn't remotely the same thing. They've never "rolled back" those things. They're obviously not going to roll back gold. Might as well say you heard a "rumor" that they're rolling back all character levels and everyone starts from level 1. Just as plausible.
    This.

Removing the availability of these things followed the logic of preserving their status. It was rewarding the people who had put in the effort to earn them when they were difficult by making them unobtainable going forward.

It was never a punishment for those people, as deleting gold would be for the people who'd earned the most of it.

how about a huge tax on every gold exchange (vendors, ah, etc...)? based on how many lvl 3 garrisons an account had active, of course.

all collected gold goes into the legion war jar

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this 100 percent accurate. Take this with a grain of salt, but there has been this huge gold inflation with Warlords of Draenor. Players making thousands to millions with alts preparing for Legion. I read somewhere the joke is going to be on the players because Blizzard is going to implement a Gold rollback when the game is released so that everyone starts at 0.0.0.
    Absolute nonsense.

This is topkek thread.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

No, you wont buy your Spider Mount.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2016-05-17 at 07:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is not your everyday stupid, this is advanced stupid.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg would be cool if they reduced everyone's by a % and round it up to the nearest gold.
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

15+ Year Old Account
    *mandatory "what did I just read" reply*

It isnt true, its a lie. So thats that.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Would be a much better April Fools by Blizzard to do this than their usual stuff. Or just have it randomly affecting players during the week the April 1st lockout is in. Even that would induce too much rage to actually happen though.