Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Id still say MoP was the worst.. Pandas? i mean.. fucking Pandas? - just to please the Asian market..

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Eh depends how you view it. Do you consider AQ40 as the same raid tier as BWL?
    AQ40 was Tier 2.5 it had it's own set of gear. Naxx was Tier 3. But Sunwell was part of Tier 6 as the endgame. Tier 6 was just progressive endgame which was actually quite cool.

Think the sub losses and in the quickest amount of time explains it all. It is obviously the worst expansion ever. It really catered to no one. Even if one is to say raiders it even had one less raid tier than any other expansion so even that content was cut. All other areas of the game were absolutely gutted content wise. This should be an embarrassing expansion for blizz. What they were thinking here is beyond me.

For me it's like this
    Excellent expansions: WotLK+MoP
    Okay expansions: TBC+Cata
    Wasted expansion: WoD.

I think there is a big perception issue with WoD.
    When it was launched, a lot of people were happy, sharing stuff with garrison and all, but a few things caused people to hate everything:
    1. Too much stuff doable in the garrison
    2. Not enough content

I mean, we had ONE big content patch (Tell me 6.1 is a content patch, TELL ME 6.1 is a content patch! I dare you, I DOUBLE DARE YOU! It doesn't even have a name except "garrison patch"). Seriously Blizz?
    I'm a big Blizzfan, one of those people who everyone calls "omg what a fanboi", but the lack of content in WoD was just unacceptable.

I have the feeling that Blizz focused on legion even through WoD and failed to manage resources for the "yearly expansion" idea and botched a patch and content. It really feels like there would be more, it really feels like a puzzle with missing pieces.

Even Cata, which was enough to drive people mad, had content. I mean, as a casual guy interested in questing and story, Firelands stuff was cool. The zones became boring quick but there was stuff I could do, not to mention additional content like DMF expansion (it was during cata, right?). Plus the whole of lvl zones were renewed and that's massive effort, so it was forgivable.

But WoD? meh.

Still, for keeping a game ass-kicking for 10 years, I trust Blizzard to make it right. I'm not gonna jump off the ship just because they botched an expansion. And Legion looks really good, so I'm looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by ezola View Post
    Id still say MoP was the worst.. Pandas? i mean.. fucking Pandas? - just to please the Asian market..
    Did you see all the content we got though? Or just go derp pandas? We had 5 open world areas to do things in after launch thunder island, Dino island, landing zone Karasang wilds, battle field barrens, and timeless island. This expansion had 1 fucking 1 tanaan jungle and that was suppose to be included on launch. Get over pandas and look at the shockingly lack of content.
    And oh ya, this was suppose to be the raider expansion and it had 1 less raid tier than mop too. So even less content there too.
    Starting to see how bad this expansion is? And I haven't even mentioned scenarios and no new battle grounds which mop had too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    AQ40 was Tier 2.5 it had it's own set of gear. Naxx was Tier 3. But Sunwell was part of Tier 6 as the endgame. Tier 6 was just progressive endgame which was actually quite cool.
    It just shared the same tier set bonus, but all the Sunwell pieces were a tier higher in item level and shared art assets with the Sunwell gear not the tier 6 armor sets.

I'd still call it tier 6.5 because it dropped a tier higher loot even if it dropped pieces that worked with the tier 6 armor set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    It just shared the same tier set bonus, but all the Sunwell pieces were a tier higher in item level and shared art assets with the Sunwell gear not the tier 6 armor sets.

I'd still call it tier 6.5 because it dropped a tier higher loot even if it dropped pieces that worked with the tier 6 armor set bonus.
    No they were not.

Also each tier piece from sunwell was designed to match the t6 of BT/Hyjal.

Come to think if it there wasn't ilvl back then nor gearscore.
    Now they might have some random numbers assigned to them but no you are WRONG.

everyone working on this expansion should be fired and publically shamed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Did you see all the content we got though? Or just go derp pandas? We had 5 open world areas to do things in after launch thunder island, Dino island, landing zone Karasang wilds, battle field barrens, and timeless island. This expansion had 1 fucking 1 tanaan jungle and that was suppose to be included on launch. Get over pandas and look at the shockingly lack of content.
    And oh ya, this was suppose to be the raider expansion and it had 1 less raid tier than mop too. So even less content there too.
    Starting to see how bad this expansion is? And I haven't even mentioned scenarios and no new battle grounds which mop had too.
    -

Why would i even consider playing an expansion when the whole design didnt cut it for me? - I maxed a char in MoP and raided very little and stopped for the rest of the expansion. And i didnt say WoD was the best or much better either, but the surroundings and design was better for me. Besides, Wotlk was for me the best expansion ever made.

Deleted
    Everyone is complaining about content I just want my classes from MoP back :/
    So I can have some fun in PvP content again. You know hybrids doing more healing then a pure dps was kind of nice I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    No they were not.

Also each tier piece from sunwell was designed to match the t6 of BT/Hyjal.

Come to think if it there wasn't ilvl back then nor gearscore.
    Now they might have some random numbers assigned to them but no you are WRONG.
    Item level has always been in WoW it just wasn't displayed on the gear back then.

Tier 6 tier pieces were ilevel 141, the Sunwell tier 6 pieces were ilevel 154.

The art assets matched the gear that dropped in Sunwell. I still have the pieces I used on my Paladin when I was tanking back then. This isn't something you can't just go to Wowhead and check.

This has the T6 boots and belt on it. (and bracers but not like you can see them)

They matched Sunwell armor not T6.

-

Why would i even consider playing an expansion when the whole design didnt cut it for me? - I maxed a char in MoP and raided very little and stopped for the rest of the expansion. And i didnt say WoD was the best or much better either, but the surroundings and design was better for me. Besides, Wotlk was for me the best expansion ever made.
    So a rehashing of tbc with next to no content is better? They did an alternative timeline bullshit story here. Where the main villian in the beginning is forgiven out of no where. What good story telling is that? Then add in no content and the flying debacle how is this even close to a contest on wod being the worst? Basically you admit you barely played mop because of the pandas right? Even though that story line quickly became the background story line and the real one was the rise of a hitler like monster in garrosh if you paid attention. Add in it had more than triple the content but you know derp pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipan View Post
    For me personally, WoD have been the least fun of all expansions, and I´ve played them all. Hopefully Legion can turn things around, im positive.
    Yeah, same here. WoD had a few good things (new models, bag optimization QoL stuff, and leveling from 90-100 was fun), but I definitely feel like the bad outweighed the good.

Quote Originally Posted by Senftw View Post
    Warlords was worse than Cataclysm, which is quite an achievement!
    Agreed nothing else t say about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    I'm assuming most will rank WoD slight below Cataclysm or equally bad, sadly Legion alpha is not looking that promising.
    *are our only hope.

Did we need 20 something pages of grumbling about this? I mean, I get it, it was horrid. We all suffered, and some are suffering still. We do have Legion to look forward to, even if we do so with a grain of salt shot of penicillin.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

what a racist and stereotypical. SC2 has no "asian" theme and it pleases the asian market for years

Yes - I know everyone is aware of all the negativity and the horse was beaten to death a while ago, but I reserve my right to vent via forum post

It actually started out just fine and took some very significant strides and risks regarding the leveling process, flying, garrisons, etc. However, leveling lasts a short time and garrisons quickly became the tedious microcosm that they are. The rewards became so great for such minimal effort soon after launch that all of the intended world content became irrelevant. The system they had in place for dailies, IE. fill the bar objectives, was also a fairly large miss imo.

I also consider the apexis system a failure, as well as Tannan. There really wasn't ANY (real) content added until 6.2, and many were quick to notice that the zone was simply a series of bonus objectives with limited enjoyable replayability. Coupled with the fact that it was notably absent from the launch map, this was underwhelming in the long run.

This segways into the issue of development mismanagement, as it was clear that content was not being developed quickly enough to meet the intended timelines - WoD was supposed to be shorter and have less content. It had less content, but was not shorter, which is obviously a large failure. I also think its fairly evident that the team changed their minds several times during development.

Finally, I think that the weird alternative-universe-which-kinda-doesn't-matter-except-for-Gul'dan deal was very awkward. This was likely done to coincide with the film, but the plot is very convoluted and confused many.

Raids were as good as they have been, and PvP basically doesn't change at its core, but there were many other shortcomings which overshadowed these. Simply too many negative elements for anyone to consider this anything but the worst expansion.

No.

Not for me, anyway. Far worse, for me, was Cataclysm. I'd rank WoD below every other expansion except Cataclysm, but Cata was the only expansion that I would have called 'bad'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    what a racist and stereotypical. SC2 has no "asian" theme and it pleases the asian market for years
    If someone was cynical enough, it could be argues that Zerg is an anology of Asians, particular Middle Eastern people.. They certainly travel in huge packs, bringing other nations to their knees, by swarming them...

But noone would be so cynical, right?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/